qol QoL trading menu and trading system

Lowly

Suggestion

QoL trading menu and trading system

Trading has become such a huge part of ark, many who have traded have lost things or received things they did not expect in a trade.

I propose a trade menu, I threw together a mock up of what I'd thing it would look like

Being able to see what the other person is offering and inspect the items but not take them is important so that's what the their offer screen allows for

Being able to type in a personal private chat that only you and the other trader can see is very convenient so there is a private trade channel and text box there too.

Reject trade button to cancel the trade

Accept trade waits until both parties have clicked the button then carries out the trade simultaneously so nobody has to go first or last, no more will anyone go first to receive nothing in return.

This also has the advantage of trades being able to be logged by the server should you wish wildcard to keep track of duplicated item trades, (of course items could still be dropped on the floor or transfered through inventories should people wish)

There is a your inventory tab and also a trade offer tab so you can see exactly what you are offering up for trade too

I think I covered everything, changed text on screen to represent a full mockup

Let me know what you think please

Ark Trade Center lowres.jpg

6 replies to this server topic

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This seems like a lot of additional coding for a thing that is user based not game based. 

I'd rather they focus on game breaking bugs and additional maps/items/dino's. 

Trading is a part of Ark but not a necessity of Ark.

@Lowly: Though your mockup is nice, I agree with Ye.  It is nice to be able to trade, but it is not necessary.  If people are appropriately prepared to trade in bases, then trades are safe and secure.  If people get lured into a "trade alliance" or convinced to unclaim a dino so someone "can check its stats out RQ lol" or trade a dino on an obelisk or an unsecure open-air area, that is a bummer, but you have to have some sort of awareness about what is happening in many aspects of this game.

My personal feelings about trading and dino sales aside, I feel the system works well right now and as Yekrucifixion said, more important areas of the game could use work before streamlining dino sales anymore than they already are (re: cryopods).

23 minutes ago, Lowly said:

Edit: what would you class as game based? From how I understand you, taming, raising and building are all user based so I'm not sure what would fall under game based

I would argue the essentials of the game (lets focus on PvE since trading is mainly prevalent amongst that game type) would be taming since breeding and raising is a PvE objective, building which is again a PvE objective, and fighting the bosses which is also a PvE objective. All of those is a player impacting the game environment. 

PvP could be simply one player vs one player with fisticuffs. They do the PvE stuff (building, taming, breeding, boss fights) to enhance their PvP experience. 

So while trading is of course an objective to some, I was big into trading, it's not a necessity for the PvE Ark experience which is taming, breeding, building, and fighting the bosses. It just enhances it. 

Now why the trading protocol you suggested enhances it, you have not thought of the massive amount of coding involved here. To I.D. an item, to self transfer the item from one inventory to another, to transfer the payment the other way. What if the price is 120k ingots? The player can only hold 60k at a time. The program has to scan the base stats and report the item. How do you identify the color if that's what you are buying? 

Could you apply that to many of the suggestions here? Sure. 

I disagree with it because trading has been part of Ark for awhile and while you get the occasional scam artist, the majority of trades go through with no issues as it stands now. Seems like a lot of extra coding/work to weed out the 2% of scams. 

I'd prefer the, we'll say content team, apply that time elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Lowly said:

QoL trading menu and trading system

Trading has become such a huge part of ark, many who have traded have lost things or received things they did not expect in a trade.

I propose a trade menu, I threw together a mock up of what I'd thing it would look like

Being able to see what the other person is offering and inspect the items but not take them is important so that's what the their offer screen allows for

Being able to type in a personal private chat that only you and the other trader can see is very convenient so there is a private trade channel and text box there too.

Reject trade button to cancel the trade

Accept trade waits until both parties have clicked the button then carries out the trade simultaneously so nobody has to go first or last, no more will anyone go first to receive nothing in return.

This also has the advantage of trades being able to be logged by the server should you wish wildcard to keep track of duplicated item trades, (of course items could still be dropped on the floor or transfered through inventories should people wish)

There is a your inventory tab and also a trade offer tab so you can see exactly what you are offering up for trade too

I think I covered everything, changed text on screen to represent a full mockup

Let me know what you think please

Ark Trade Center lowres.jpg

Why not have like what Durango wildlands has which is a trade both that you put in your base and you can list items for sale and the currency that you want.....this both would link to the games network so people on different servers could see your item and purchase it......there could also be a deposit feature where people could deposit what they would like to pay with in the trade hub.

Something along these lines, but maybe more useful would be a “bank”. Imagine a system that allows you to bank 2000 slots (plus or minus whatever) that essentially uploads whatever you put into the “bank” at the next save point. 

From here, you could travel to another ark and remove said item or items from another bank, transmitter, obelisk/drop. Maybe You’d have to wait the timer out on said server to upload again.

Or you could go to another server of your own and then pull out items from your “bank”. 

No time limit on items in your bank, so no risk of losing them. Probably only feasible for PVE as it would make attacking too easy for PVP. But I think an improved trade system in PVE would hold great benefit to many players. 

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This seems like a lot of additional coding for a thing that is user based not game based. 

I'd rather they focus on game breaking bugs and additional maps/items/dino's. 

Trading is a part of Ark but not a necessity of Ark.

I can agree trading is not essential to ark nor is taming nor building nor beating bosses, it's an open world survival Jane the essential aspect is freedom of movement and survival

I didn't think that a person tasked with bug fixing would be deployed onto adding new features from the "suggestions" section of the forum yet we could respond to every single post in the suggestions forum saying, it sounds like a lot of coding and I'd rather them fix existing issues and add new X,y or z instead but thanks for your input, it may sound like I'm shooting you down, that's not my intension just the style of writing

Edit: what would you class as game based? From how I understand you, taming, raising and building are all user based so I'm not sure what would fall under game based

Archived