Boss viable dinos

PFM

Boss viable dinos

I was wondering, what do you guys think are the dinos that are actually viable in a boss fight? How many are viable? Is there enough variety in them?

Here's my take:

The main dinos that are viable in a boss fight to do the brunt of the combat are:

Rex

Theri

Megatherium(vs broodmother)

Then you have dinos that provide support:

Daeodon

Yutyrannus

And that is it. 

Megalosaurus if ran at night, Rhino's, I've seen Deino's do up to the Beta on Valguero, Allo's can be used as well. 

I'm certain Spino's have been used too.

That's not even counting unique combo's (seen Rex/Wolves for Alpha Monkey) or even the player with a weapon on a number of mounts. 

Bears, Deer, Stego's, heck I seen a guy use a Unicorn for Alpha Dragon. Lol. 

Lots of options out there. It's a game. Play around a bit.

Can be done with others, seen people do it with a bunch of ankys for example.
I've used allos on the ragnarok bosses just for fun.

Of course it was harder and lost a bunch of them, but it's possible.
Sadly for farm then rexes is the way to go.

Would be neat if the bosses could dynamically change(damage/health wise) depending on the dinos going in, but balancing that and not having it being exploited would be hard....

I've used rhinos as well, good for dragon/rag. A player on a deinonychus can get some hits in from behind to get some good damage. A reaper is a good choice but too risky to loose with bosses typically, but bringing 1 vs dragon can be great to protect unmounted players from pteras. I've yet to use em but a gasbag could actually work as a great tanking dino, it has the resistance of a reaper/golem (golems cant enter though) but can eat cakes, have mate boost, and gets the imprint/saddle they don't.

Archived