Linux Dedicated Server [LGSM] CLustering Permissions

Sublimis

Linux Dedicated Server [LGSM] CLustering Permissions

Ok so ive been fighting with setting up my own Clustered servers for awhile now on a linux Dell Poweredge using LGSM, its be a wild ride learning the language and syntax however my final issue that i am running into is the Cluster setup. As with many others ive seen i am plagued with the issue of permissions as each of my servers runs as its own user so they are all independent and are individually secured. However dispite trying everything fromchanging the umask of all servers to recursive directory perms i cant get past the fact that the newly generated Cluster data always has a umask of 066 so no other user can access it. I've seen where a few other bit the bullet and redid thier unit so they are all on one user (thats a last resort and if i do id like to have them as seperated as possible) but thats like starting over with my eyes closed cause i am so new to this. I guess what im asking/Hoping is that someone has found a magical way around SHootergames umask/ if nothing else a simplistic way for me to rework my unit. i love using LGSM and would like to continue using it.

• 5 months later...

Archived