Mega Tribes

Trevix

1 minute ago, Aikar said:

Well I was actually kind of serious. A mega tribe is a tribe with lots of members.

In them, newbies pretty much do all the grunt work to provide for the tribe in hopes of working their way up the ranks.

Oooooh, okay. First i thought a mega tribe is a alliance with many tribes together

17 minutes ago, Trevix said:

So mega is basically a alliance with many tribes in it or a tribe with huge amounts of members ?

It's a tribe strategy that involves quantity over quality. Small tribes will have Alpha's, up to 6 quality players. Cross ark and the other large tribe servers will have mega's that typically consist of average/noob players with the odd quality members. Think of the movie "Ants" where the ants are fighting termites, ants are the megas with their endless swarm of soldiers. The termites may be bigger and deadlier but the ants have the numbers.

I was part of a mega for a fair while, and, while it's true that there are a fair number of less experienced players making up the numbers, there are also a LOT of very good PvPers in these tribes. Plus the noobs tend to learn fast or leave/get kicked.

The mega I was in had circa 1500 members spread over many tribes on multiple servers, e.g. on our server where we we were alpha (of course), we had a tribe of around 60, 40 of whom had over 4K PvP hours, 10 of us had more like 8K - not exactly noobs!

Our normal raiding party would be 6-10 people + whatever creatures we needed (raid, not server attack) and that group all had 6-8K hours. Full server attacks draw on the best PvPers from multiple servers in the mega, so it's pretty easy to keep a server capped for several days if needed.

We also all farmed when needed, not just the noobs.

Archived