Need help please

Mao

Need help please

So last time I played was 3 years agoo.
I lost my character and can't find it anymore; went thorough all servers but can't find him ( it was lvl 96 ).

However I had another character ( vl 88 )that it started on a official server " the center" ( that remained official ) and then I moved it to play with some friends on a "The Island" ; during that time the server were Official as well and now that I finnally found the lvl 88 I can't move it because it became Legacy...

Please help me.. the support is not answering me.

Just now, Mao said:

Need help please

So last time I played was 3 years agoo.
I lost my character and can't find it anymore; went thorough all servers but can't find him ( it was lvl 96 ).

However I had another character ( vl 88 )that it started on a official server " the center" ( that remained official ) and then I moved it to play with some friends on a "The Island" ; during that time the server were Official as well and now that I finnally found the lvl 88 I can't move it because it became Legacy...

Please help me.. the support is not answering me.

They seperated the old servers and called them legacy because of all the duped crap. They have also deleted a bunch of legacy servers to open up new servers.

So if you want to play on the new (official) servers, you'll need to start a new character (like everybody else did). If you want your old character (if it hasn't been deleted) you'll have to stay on the legacy servers.

6 minutes ago, Mao said:

How would I have known this? I support ARK since the first day and I don't feel this is the right treatment

Beating a dead horse. The legacy save files were released to the community for players to form their own communities if they wanted to keep getting support.

Most games of this genre wipe official servers at launch after the EA period. WC should have just skipped the legacy stuff and done a wipe.

You should take this as an opportunity to find a nice unofficial community that fits your needs.

17 minutes ago, Mao said:

It makes no sense to me.
Why a Character that started on an Official Server and ended up in another Official that went Legacy after years has to remain trapped in there?????
It has no sense 

Because they'd have to connect those servers in a cluster which would allow ways for people to take the tainted stuff from legacy to official (at the time they thought they had fixed duping). So they just outright seperated them.

However, 88 isn't hard to get back to. If you run the majority of the explorer notes on the island or if you run some then trap and kill an Alpha Raptor (which there are tons) you'll be back to that in a few hours on 2xp weekend. 

Tbh, legacy is slowly being deleted but they regulate themselves now and generally the servers run better with less traffic so depending on what you want to do it may behoove you to stay on legacy. 

Official servers have a lot of exploits of their own currently as well so if you really want to play and are starting a new character anyway, and again depending on your game goals, perhaps trying a different game mode would be better.

You have a slew of unofficial servers, many that are running since legacy days and will probably be running after.

You have official Arkpocalypse servers which wipe every 30 days. They have 3x rates.

You have small tribes servers. 

If on PC they are gearing up for a "new season" of Classic PvP. Details to be unveiled yet.

If on PC a real popular unofficial right now are the MTS servers.

Now that's all PvP but if it's PvE you are looking for, you'll find more room on Legacy servers plus quite a few unofficials with rates and rules that will allow you to play how you want or you can just start hitting servers on official. You'll find a good one eventually.

Basically, you have a ton of options at your disposal so just play around and find what works for you.

Archived