Community Crunch 196: On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

The new HLNA pet continues to make noise after unequipping it. At least on PS4..

More TLC. Many creatures have little to no use anymore (quetz). Many also don't look the best nowadays either. (Megalodon, turtle, dolphin, stego, any earlier creatures).

Add recipes for the new kibble to find. Ya, you can look them up, but maybe some don't want to or have the means to. 

Glass/metal structures from s+ should be implemented as they should have been added in the first place.

Grow mushrooms from abberation. Maybe rare mushroom/flowers too.

Scorched needs an ascension!

And of course a single player/server option for classic flyers. 

• Like 1

QOL REQUESTS

on the console the light and light reflection off landscape and materials is brutal.. tone it down a LOT...

the server session list doesn't need to load a thousand servers every time.. everyone plays on one or a couple servers at once.. depending on clusters.. why aren't our favorites or recent servers logged, saved, and displayed only...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yoduh said:

QOL REQUESTS

on the console the light and light reflection off landscape and materials is brutal.. tone it down a LOT...

the server session list doesn't need to load a thousand servers every time.. everyone plays on one or a couple servers at once.. depending on clusters.. why aren't our favorites or recent servers logged, saved, and displayed only...

You can have just your favorites listed when you first go to log in, just not when transferring (I believe).

Edited by Willistor87

QOL REQUESTS

This is a little long but some things people discuss in gameplay in parties and world chats across the server world....

Oh QOL, where have been the last 4 years of ARK?  Ok Wildcard pay attention, you have an opportunity to recapture the hearts and minds of your dedicated people who love to play this game.  This is a chance to correct a few mistakes that you guys have made over the years, some unintended and others out of desperation.  One of those mistakes is changes that have been instituted for pve because of pvp, that’s not fair.  The 2 modes are completely different styles of gameplay and therefore should have a completely different set of rules for each.  One that comes to mind is the restricting turrets from platform saddles.  Now in pvp I would understand that restriction, it’s not a level playing field if you can fly a quetz over someone’s base and obliterate it with 24 PSX plants on it’s back.  Now in pve “battle animals” had a completely different use and very rarely were they used in a pve war, at least not on any of the servers I had been on.  We would’ve rather went to war with our gigas.  Battle animals were used for taming  and added defense of bases in pve.  Let’s allow those to come back because they were handy in the early days.  Put yourselves in our shoes, after weeks of searching for that one animal that you want that’s the right colors, stats the works, ya drop the thing and it’s almost tamed out and some jack*ss raptor comes up and kills it.  You’d be just as ticked as any of us would.  Besides it’s pve, isn’t that what the goal is in that mode is to master your environment?  

Now the gigas on the center, who had the idea to reduce the giga spawns on the center?  My question is what kind of stupid logic was that?  I remember hitting the beach that night in May when the center dropped and some of the fun of those beginning days was the gigas that spawned in about 6 different spawn points on the map and trying to avoid them, but it was nice later in the game to just go tame one with relative ease.  That might not be fun for everyone but it was for me, and I’m sure others as well.  Besides wasn’t it a rumor that they had a chance to spawn anywhere on the map?  Bring that back that would be cool again.  I guess bring some attention back to the older maps, they are a lot of people’s go to base maps to help branch out into the newer maps.  And please for the love of all things holy fix the broken lightning in the snow biomes of the center, and the broken sky in general.  That could give anybody epilepsy!!!  

The last mistake that’s off the top of my head, was the flyer nerf.  You guys kicked us all right in the berries with that one.  Everyone I have ever talked to, with the exception of a very small few, has all said the same “this freaking sucks!!!”.  Now I understand the reasoning and most do but to come out with the flyer nerf and then to drop maps like ragnarok and extinction, that are massive, was just down right thoughtless.  Yes a quetz with 400% movement speed is a little nuts, but it also shouldn’t take literally 15 minutes to fly across a map.  I’ve had brontos that run faster than quetz’s fly.  How about this give us the option to level movement speed in flyers but cap it, and do it backwards.  Quetzals get up to, for example, 200 movement and stage it down from there wyvs getting the lowest say like up to a 30% increase allowance.  That would be incredible!  Then that way we get to actually utilize the birds like we used to and not have to burn our entire time on the game with flying across the damn map.  At this point the quetz is almost useless after the flyer nerf, when by rights it should be the old faithful of the flyer world.  I also agree, give it a facelift and maybe a secondary attack like the Wyvern.  

Some ideas for QOL, how about some industrial coolers as a step up from fridges.  Since the kibble rework (which was much needed, thank you), making kibble is a little bit more involved and if there’s other players out there like me that likes to stock up on 2x events, then the line of fridges that’s needed is almost as long as my base.  For a nursery/hatchery that’s to be expected, but for kibble that’s a little nuts.  It also nickel and dimes the structure limit and the render lag.  Speaking hatcheries, an industrial cooler would help in that department as well.  Also how about adding another snap point to sloped ceilings for regular ceilings so walls don’t have to be added to snap a ceiling to a sloped ceiling.  The ability to flip sloped walls would be an ARK life changer for building as well.  Also since the introduction of cryopods tame cap limits are in check and that’s awesome, so how about enacting permanent 2x breeding?  Just like you guys did with taming a couple years ago. Yes cryopods help in that, but it now takes twice as long for people who are solo tribe or small tribes (2-4 people) to raise animals , especially arena dinos.  I also saw someone made the comment as far as breeding some of insects, that’s not a bad idea.  Lastly, how about maybe adding random wild Dino mutations.  I know in some instances it is already there in the stat roles after taming, but random color mutations would be awesome.  Maybe have have like a 1-2% chance of spawning, and not just for holiday events.  

Fixing all of the other nagging and detrimental bugs is also at the top of the list.  The issues with cryopods is a little concerning, it hasn’t happened to me yet but I’m waiting for it.  Most of all talk with the players of the game.  Communication is critical.  I’d like to see a community crunch that focuses more on the underlying problems and what you guys are doing and how you’re trying to fix it, rather than new content that will have the same underlying issues that the rest of the game has.  Not to say hearing and seeing new content on the horizon is exciting, but the broken things in the game now are what’s important to us that log in everyday.

Edited by ccz2887

8 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

QOL REQUESTS

This is a little long but some things people discuss in gameplay in parties and world chats across the server world....

Oh QOL, where have been the last 4 years of ARK?  Ok Wildcard pay attention, you have an opportunity to recapture the hearts and minds of your dedicated people who love to play this game.  This is a chance to correct a few mistakes that you guys have made over the years, some unintended and others out of desperation.  One of those mistakes is changes that have been instituted for pve because of pvp, that’s not fair.  The 2 modes are completely different styles of gameplay and therefore should have a completely different set of rules for each.  One that comes to mind is the restricting turrets from platform saddles.  Now in pvp I would understand that restriction, it’s not a level playing field if you can fly a quetz over someone’s base and obliterate it with 24 PSX plants on it’s back.  Now in pve “battle animals” had a completely different use and very rarely were they used in a pve war, at least not on any of the servers I had been on.  We would’ve rather went to war with our gigas.  Battle animals were used for taming  and added defense of bases in pve.  Let’s allow those to come back because they were handy in the early days.  Put yourselves in our shoes, after weeks of searching for that one animal that you want that’s the right colors, stats the works, ya drop the thing and it’s almost tamed out and some jack*ss raptor comes up and kills it.  You’d be just as ticked as any of us would.  Besides it’s pve, isn’t that what the goal is in that mode is to master your environment?  

Now the gigas on the center, who had the idea to reduce the giga spawns on the center?  My question is what kind of stupid logic was that?  I remember hitting the beach that night in May when the center dropped and some of the fun of those beginning days was the gigas that spawned in about 6 different spawn points on the map and trying to avoid them, but it was nice later in the game to just go tame one with relative ease.  That might not be fun for everyone but it was for me, and I’m sure others as well.  Besides wasn’t it a rumor that they had a chance to spawn anywhere on the map?  Bring that back that would be cool again.  I guess bring some attention back to the older maps, they are a lot of people’s go to base maps to help branch out into the newer maps.  And please for the love of all things holy fix the broken lightning in the snow biomes of the center, and the broken sky in general.  That could give anybody epilepsy!!!  

The last mistake that’s off the top of my head, was the flyer nerf.  You guys kicked us all right in the berries with that one.  Everyone I have ever talked to, with the exception of a very small few, has all said the same “this freaking sucks!!!”.  Now I understand the reasoning and most do but to come out with the flyer nerf and then to drop maps like ragnarok and extinction, that are massive, was just down right thoughtless.  Yes a quetz with 400% movement speed is a little nuts, but it also shouldn’t take literally 15 minutes to fly across a map.  I’ve had brontos that run faster than quetz’s fly.  How about this give us the option to level movement speed in flyers but cap it, and do it backwards.  Quetzals get up to, for example, 200 movement and stage it down from there wyvs getting the lowest say like up to a 30% increase allowance.  That would be incredible!  Then that way we get to actually utilize the birds like we used to and not have to burn our entire time on the game with flying across the damn map.  At this point the quetz is almost useless after the flyer nerf, when by rights it should be the old faithful of the flyer world.  I also agree, give it a facelift and maybe a secondary attack like the Wyvern.  

Some ideas for QOL, how about some industrial coolers as a step up from fridges.  Since the kibble rework (which was much needed, thank you), making kibble is a little bit more involved and if there’s other players out there like me that likes to stock up on 2x events, then the line of fridges that’s needed is almost as long as my base.  For a nursery/hatchery that’s to be expected, but for kibble that’s a little nuts.  It also nickel and dimes the structure limit and the render lag.  Speaking hatcheries, an industrial cooler would help in that department as well.  Also how about adding another snap point to sloped ceilings for regular ceilings so walls don’t have to be added to snap a ceiling to a sloped ceiling.  The ability to flip sloped walls would be an ARK life changer for building as well.  Also since the introduction of cryopods tame cap limits are in check and that’s awesome, so how about enacting permanent 2x breeding?  Just like you guys did with taming a couple years ago. Yes cryopods help in that, but it now takes twice as long for people who are solo tribe or small tribes (2-4 people) to raise animals , especially arena dinos.  I also saw someone made the comment as far as breeding some of insects, that’s not a bad idea.  Lastly, how about maybe adding random wild Dino mutations.  I know in some instances it is already there in the stat roles after taming, but random color mutations would be awesome.  Maybe have have like a 1-2% chance of spawning, and not just for holiday events.  

Fixing all of the other nagging and detrimental bugs is also at the top of the list.  The issues with cryopods is a little concerning, it hasn’t happened to me yet but I’m waiting for it.  Most of all talk with the players of the game.  Communication is critical.  I’d like to see a community crunch that focuses more on the underlying problems and what you guys are doing and how you’re trying to fix it, rather than new content that will have the same underlying issues that the rest of the game has.  Not to say hearing and seeing new content on the horizon is exciting, but the broken things in the game now are what’s important to us that log in everyday.

I've only just started playing, and I've encountered all of these issues. Great write up, hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears

On 9/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, xXxDeimos said:

On 9/4/2019 at 12:49 AM, ccz2887 said:

QOL REQUESTS

I've only just started playing, and I've encountered all of these issues. Great write up, hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears

Yeah I hope not either.  Definitely rules instituted for pvp need to be really looked at before they’re put in place for pve.  Completely different game modes, completely different gameplay requires 2 completely different set of rules.  I’d really like to see permanent 2x breeding a real thing now that server tame caps are in check with cryopods.  In some ways though the cryopods kinda seem like a bait and switch method at the same time.  It’s easier on the sleep schedule to raise now but instead of 8days for a quetz or 13 days for a giga, small tribes and solo tribes are looking at almost double that time frame now.  I’m sure there’s a laundry list of other things I forgot to mention that us players experience everyday.  I hope they really do read through the comments like they say they do. I’ve seen a ton of awesome ideas, but it either takes forever to institute them or they’re just blown off because of “oh look a this new DLC coming out with all this amazing stuff in 3 months and another in 26 months!!!” .  I guess we’ll have to wait and see if they actually take our inputs and ideas into account.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a customizable HUD in the game. The current one is nearly impossible to see during day time unless you are in Aberration and even then it can blend in and provide no real information.

I'm sure there's a mod that allows you to do this already, would you please allow partnership with that so we can have a workable HUD on Official?