Community Crunch 196: On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The devs really should be making more of the rules into gameplay mechanics. Rules require enforcement, which is barely done.

For the obelisks, imagine if there was a timer on each creature parked there and after a certain time increment the creatures are pushed out of the obelisks area.

I like that! Hire this guy or girl lol.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, danlt79 said:

Been focusing on Aberration map lately. Notice anky isn't able to harvest some metal nodes and trees. Not just anky either tried using mana to knock down trees and they wouldn't fall. Can harvest with pick and axe though.

For this, bite the bushes and berries around first. A lot of times it will act like you are trying to hit a bush that is not impacting the metal swing. So if you bite the bushes and harvest those then you can swing and collect the metal without moving.

Edited by Adelaar0355

5 hours ago, FreddyFCT said:

For the teleporter are you talking about spawning into a boss fight without a obelisk? I think they had that at one point and removed it. I would also like this kind of change to be re-added. People park dinos all over the obelisk and devs do nothing. I could copy paste a response I got the other day. I reported a guy for parking flyers all over the obi and the devs response legit was, "looks fine to me". Why have these rules if you don't enforce them.

Either Boss transmitters or 24hr decay timer on all obelisks, you cant even get on ours most times 360 blocked, people leaving wyverns on the walkway up for weeks, has been reported but can do nothing as they are not blocking the teleport ring

yBBXi04.png

Edited by irishstorm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, irishstorm said:

There is a guy(s) going around who able to open locked fridges and vaults, hes dropping dinos from fridges and killing them.

492 was hit today, guy spawned in his base, emptied all cryo and spawn a corrupted giga, tickets are being ignored or closed and threads are being locked, this too will probably be removed.

That's crazy. I personally just have to deal with the cryo fridges killing all my cryopods lol

15 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

In the game settings there is an option to allow feeding of raid dino's. That should let you keep the Titans.

If that doesn't work, you can adjust how much your tames eat as well.

Neither has an effect on Titans in singleplayer.  I've checked.  I have a good old titanosaur that I tamed with Immersive Taming, and that one can be fed.  It won't eat by itself, but it has thousands of food and I can just top it off when I'm in the area.  That doesn't work with Extinction Titans.  There was a patch that forced them to starve (to make sure they eventually died on PVP servers, I think) and it broke singleplayer.  They never fixed it, or (to my knowledge) even defined if them being impossible to keep as permanent tames in singleplayer was even an intentional change.  And since the Forest Titan I've been testing it with has a much lower food stat and loses a point of hunger every few minutes, the only reason it's still alive is that I don't have time to play that often.  Building structures on it would be completely pointless though.

Adjusting how much creatures eat seems to break all kinds of other things, especially with taming and raising babies.  The default food values seem to be hardcoded, and the instant an animal loads it applies the default hunger decay.  *then* it checks to see how the modified values affect it.  Or that's how it felt.  Maybe they changed that, I don't know.  In any case, the result was that if you had modified hunger/food values, there was a chance that tames would instantly starve to death before the game realized that "Oh, right.  They aren't really *that* hungry yet."  Especially with babies if you went out of render range for more than a few minutes.

Short version:  "Allow Raid Feeding" works on Titanosaurs, has no effect on Titans.  Titans cannot be force fed even with it enabled.  A nice Quality of Life change would be to make it work on both types of creature in singleplayer, and allow Titans to eat normally if it is enabled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, irishstorm said:

Either Boss transmitters or 24hr decay timer on all obelisks, you cant even get on ours most times 360 blocked, people leaving wyverns on the walkway up for weeks, has been reported but can do nothing as they are not blocking the teleport ring

yBBXi04.png

Yup looks about right! Why even take the time to do boss fights if over half the fight is getting around this crap.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:15 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

In the game settings there is an option to allow feeding of raid dino's. That should let you keep the Titans.

If that doesn't work, you can adjust how much your tames eat as well.

The setting also affects wild dinos. So your dinos eat slower, but you have to wait longer with taming. I would rather let my tames starve to death.

First off, the Devs aren't responsible for rule enforcement, that's what your enforcement team is for, aka the Server Admin.  I would like to say that the Enforcement team while effective when they do take action, takes forever and a day to actually answer tickets and that certainly does need some improvement.  In a perfect world, instead of being forced to uncryo 15 dinos and sit through cooldown timers, it would be nice if a development side effort could be made to allow entry into boss fights through a craftable beacon instead, that way if people want to enter the boss arenas, they simply activate a beacon in their backyards instead of having to pile all the dinos onto the pad, but that's just my opinion.  In my opinion one of the biggest gripes I have is the rates and timers, the excessive amount of grind time in this game makes it nearly unplayable for those of us that work, so much so that I've seen several forced into moving into the private servers because of jobs and family responsibilities. I'm not saying make it easy, but not having to log in every single day for the sake of upkeep, or to spend 3 hours online nightly would be a heaven sent.

• Like 1