Alpha dragon now OP?

Niksur

Alpha dragon now OP?

Has anyone else noticed the Alpha Dragon on the island is now OP compared to pre-patch?

Nothing seems to have been adjusted for the Dragon in patch notes, yet we have gone from farming it to being wiped.

Theri's with 800% Dmg dropped from 800+ to 350 dmg. Mate boosted etc still in effect.

Nearly all unridden dino's wiped after 1st minute of dragon landing. Very unusual. Have tried twice now same result.

Gamma seemed fine, no change.

Playing on an unofficial server btw.

it may be something with the unofficial server settings, seems to be the save as before on official.  1/2 the time when i patch comes out I have to go through my settings for my private game as well as my client side settings and put them back.   When i was running a unofficial server we had to go in and put all the settings back in for it after each patch.

Like a week ago I went to do the Beta dragon with my tribemate, we did it once before and beat it with 3 theris still alive. All had like 650% melee. Last week went in with all around 850% melee and got wiped. As you said a lot of theris were dead within the first minute with the first landing of the dragon. Got the dragon down to like 25% life before losing everything.

I figured it could be cause the first time we brought 2 daedons in with us but they were the first to die so I didnt feel they were helping much and 2 more theris would end the fight sooner or so I thought. Figured my failure the 2nd time was cause of not bringing daedons but maybe something has changed?

the trick with the dragon is to stay out from infront of it, attack it on the sides rather.  wait for it to land and walk toward you, once it does hit it from the sides and attempt to stay out from infront of it.  Direct fire damage even before could kill 20-30k health rexs in beta and alpha. its best if you have 3-4 people doing it, including a yuty for the damage buffs to speed up taking down the rex.

we were doing beta before patch with 1 yuty, 2 daedons, and the rest rexs, and 6 players,  the daedons didn't kick in during the first round and the rexs got hit pretty hard by the firebreath,  knocking quite a few of them down to half health, but luckly after that the daedons kicked in, and the yuty rider was keeping us all buff and we were able to take the dragon losing one rex.

After the patch, same setup, the daedons kicked in right away and we didn't lose a single rex, all attacking from the sides and back of the dragon.

Even before the patch you wanted to take out the dragon as quickly as possible, the more it breaths the more damage it seems to do each time.  so the faster you take it down, the less risk, the slower you take it down, the higher the risk of losing them.  Kinda like the brood mother and her poison spray.

lol . which ever method people deploy , the alpha dragon island is by far the most formidable and if you fail to prepare you defo get kfc . we did alpha with stag method and just dps with shotguns and rex to munch ptera and dimorph. wave 4 with 4 players and dragon defeated everytime with no casualties . weve not noticed any changes having done it multiple times and across different servers . only thing we noticed on a side note was when doing alpha tek overseer . level 100 players can only activate door and teleporter button to overseer but any level lower can enter and eventually ascend . yet alpha dragon only level 100 players will teleport to arena so we had a few riderless rexs lol when we invited another tribe to join us.

Archived