New to the game but

ronninjo

New to the game but

Hello

We had like a base cave on Island, its like up in north underwater. Its one entrance to the cave, very small entrance.

And we had like 30 heavy turrets with maybe 500 bullets each, shooting down at the entrance. Neways, today everything was destroyed when i logged on. But when i look at tribe log it says the generator was the first thing to get destroyed wich was all the way back in the cave. So i dont understand how this can be ?  And we didnt kill anyone or anything. Maybe im bulding wrong or something, tips would be appreciated.

When are we going to see some proper anti mesh defense in action from WildCard on official servers. If a community made one has already proven to be working and having no issues, then how is it that like 2months later Wild card have not released their own equivalent, it was like 2 months or more ago that Wild card said they are testing an antimesh system.

It makes it look like the devs aren't very caring about this issue, either that or they are giving meshers as much extra meshing time before they put in their system.

I wonder if people who mesh will stop playing when real anti mesh is a reality. I mean they won't know how to raid properly, or participate in any real PvP, what the hell are those little kiddies gonna do????

Yea, googled it now. Bad they havent fixed this, strange nooone is complaining about it.    I sent in a ticked, if they dont do anything i guess its "ok" to do it.

By the way, why dont they add  camera to the game, wich people can setup in base and record whats going on.   Would be fun to see how they raided you , and if they meshed you could just send it in

1 hour ago, ronninjo said:

Yea, googled it now. Bad they havent fixed this, strange nooone is complaining about it.    I sent in a ticked, if they dont do anything i guess its "ok" to do it.

By the way, why dont they add  camera to the game, wich people can setup in base and record whats going on.   Would be fun to see how they raided you , and if they meshed you could just send it in

Meshing is like climate change. Everyone complains about it so much that people are numb to it

43 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Meshing is the single most complained about issue in ark.

3 hours ago, ronninjo said:

Meshing is probably the most common complaint in PvP, it's just that experienced players know to submit tickets rather than posting on the forums. That's not a criticism of you posting on the forum, it just helps explain why you don't see hundreds of forum posts about it, it's because lots and lots (and lots) of people are submitting tickets instead.

Even if you don't have a recording of it happening, take screen shots of your location and attach them to a ticket when you submit it. This will probably sound strange if you don't know a lot about the technical issues behind meshing, but it is something that has to be seen to be fixed. When you submit the ticket with the pictures (and of course include a description of the location) someone has to use their dev tools to look at that section of the map and figure out how to fix the meshing in that location. This is not something that can be fixed with automated tools or programs.

No, it's not "ok" to do it, not ever, don't fall into that trap. Even if your do it to "defend" yourself, it's still meshing and it will still get you banned if you get caught. Meshing is cheating, no matter what your reason for doing it is, and it will get you banned.

You say that the most experienced players know to submit tickets rather than posting on the forums.  Why is that a good thing ? Why dont everyone spam the forums with 100 of post about meshing, with picture/recording/who did it. 

And you say experienced players, so its "normal" for them to be meshed ?

Why send in tickets when devs dont do anything? Why shouldn't i go mesh their cave, we just spent 100 of hours building up and its wiped in 12 min.  And also after watching some videos on this, i saw some guys building in the exact cave 1 year ago (HOD gaming he was called)  they got meshed.  Why havent the devs fixed the mesh problem in this cave? They sent in ticket about it aswell.    By the way, i agree with everything you say its just annoying that the "experienced" players dont spam the forum instead.  Cus they havent gotten far with sending in tickets. 

14 minutes ago, ronninjo said:

You say that the most experienced players know to submit tickets rather than posting on the forums.  Why is that a good thing ? Why dont everyone spam the forums with 100 of post about meshing, with picture/recording/who did it. 

Why send in tickets when devs dont do anything? Why shouldn't i go mesh their cave, we just spent 100 of hours building up and its wiped in 12 min.  And also after watching some videos on this, i saw some guys building in the exact cave 1 year ago (HOD gaming he was called)  they got meshed.  Why havent the devs fixed the mesh problem in this cave? They sent in ticket about it aswell.    By the way, i agree with everything you say its just annoying that the "experienced" players dont spam the forum instead.  Cus they havent gotten far with sending in tickets. 

The more experienced players don't spam the forums because they are likely busy meshing as well.  I'm not saying all PvPers are meshers...  But a lot of PvPers mesh, its very common.  The META is caves, Titans, Managarmr, and meshing.  If you aren't doing it, evidently you fall to it.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, HoboNation said:

When are we going to see some proper anti mesh defense in action from WildCard on official servers. If a community made one has already proven to be working and having no issues, then how is it that like 2months later Wild card have not released their own equivalent, it was like 2 months or more ago that Wild card said they are testing an antimesh system.

It makes it look like the devs aren't very caring about this issue, either that or they are giving meshers as much extra meshing time before they put in their system.

I wonder if people who mesh will stop playing when real anti mesh is a reality. I mean they won't know how to raid properly, or participate in any real PvP, what the hell are those little kiddies gonna do????

But don't forget to buy our season pass for Ark Genesis available at https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113410/ARK_Genesis_Season_Pass/?curator_clanid=8729288

On-Topic;

If the OP's base was meshed to get to generator first I'd ask why the genny isn't in a 1x1?

But if meshing was the problem then despite my opening joke I do have faith in WildCard to fix this issue. They did it with tame cap.

2 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Anytime I see a thread come up about being recently meshed it just gets closed cause "no one on the forums can help you, submit a ticket" is the response that is given. So its pretty futile to just keep spamming threads about being meshed.

Then stop this threading going off topic and discussing meshing solely and at length, rather than focus on the other possible causes for the OP's genny being hit first.

Insiding for a start.

3 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Then stop this threading going off topic and discussing meshing solely and at length, rather than focus on the other possible causes for the OP's genny being hit first.

Insiding for a start.

If he was being insided there would be no reason to "destroy" his generator in the first place, the insider could just walk in and take everything he wants, and if he was working with an outside tribe he could just turn off the geny or take the gas out of it to allow others to get in. From his explanation it was obviously meshing IMO. My comment was to the OP about why people dont spam forums about meshing more often so what I said is not off topic as you say.

Also I feel people should be able to discuss whatever they want, specially since the devs dont come here, they prefer to use twitter or reddit it seems. I dont agree with the idea that threads go "off topic". If people are actively discussing something, why close a thread. makes no sense.

As to OP, I would say do not mesh them back, although meshing isnt fixed by any means, I see people reporting meshers being dev wiped or that they were dev wiped for putting up mesh defenses or being in a tribe with a mesher often. They definitely wont come save you while meshing is in the act it seems but keep pics and evidence of the meshing and report it is the best options the devs have given us. GL

8 hours ago, ronninjo said:

Because that's not what the forums are for, forums are for discussing, not for reporting. The reporting system is for reporting, just like with every other game.

I don't know of a single (large) game that uses their forums for reporting, they all have a reporting system for that.

I wouldn't say it's "normal", it's just that when you've been playing for long enough you learn that it can happen. Back when I played PvP I played it on  four different servers in four different tribes, and as far as I know we never got meshed. Even so, by reading on the forums I learned what meshing is and how people do it. When you consider that there are thousands and thousands of people playing PvP all the time, I don't think I would describe meshing as "normal". "Possible", yes, "Normal", no.

Why send in tickets when devs dont do anything?

Because they do, all the time, it's wrong to say that they don't do anything.

1) They constantly use the tickets that people submit to learn locations where the mesh needs to be fixed, and they regularly put out fixes as part of the normal patching process.

2) People get banned for meshing on a regular basis. The thing is that someone has to catch them doing it, which isn't something you can guarantee.

Let's look at your example, maybe you got meshed, maybe you didn't, there's no proof. How would you feel if you got banned because someone accused you of meshing without any proof. WildCard definitely bans people for meshing, but they have to be caught for that to happen.

So why do you send in tickets? To help fix problems in the game. Let's say you did get meshed, you're just one tribe on one server. If you submit a ticket with the screen shots and the location of the cave, then WIldCard can fix that cave on every server, not just yours.

Why shouldn't i go mesh their cave, we just spent 100 of hours building up and its wiped in 12 min.  And also after watching some videos on this, i saw some guys building in the exact cave 1 year ago (HOD gaming he was called)  they got meshed.  Why havent the devs fixed the mesh problem in this cave? They sent in ticket about it aswell.    By the way, i agree with everything you say its just annoying that the "experienced" players dont spam the forum instead.  Cus they havent gotten far with sending in tickets. 

This is a good time to remember that it's only a theory that you got meshed. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't, maybe there's some other answer that someone else will suggest. Maybe they had a good shot with a rocket launcher or a tek rifle and fired a bunch of rockets until they eventually destroyed your generator. Maybe you need to post the coordinates and a screenshot of the cave, there might be someone who is familiar with that cave and might have a better idea than meshing. It's important to remember that anything in a cave takes 6x damage, so it's a lot easier to destroy your generator inside a cave. It seems like meshing is the most likely answer, but you can't just assume that's what happened.

Just in case it's not obvious, I understand your frustration, I do. It really stinks to thing that someone might have been cheating and got away with it. But that's not an excuse for you to become a cheater too. PvP is already frustrating enough without people cheating, it might make you want to play PvE instead, but becoming a cheater because someone else was a cheater is not the right answer.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

If he was being insided there would be no reason to "destroy" his generator in the first place, the insider could just walk in and take everything he wants, and if he was working with an outside tribe he could just turn off the geny or take the gas out of it to allow others to get in. From his explanation it was obviously meshing IMO. My comment was to the OP about why people dont spam forums about meshing more often so what I said is not off topic as you say.

That would be the stupid thing to do as then it's a proven inside job no doubt. But destroy a few things and it's more open to interpretation.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Because that's not what the forums are for, forums are for discussing, not for reporting. The reporting system is for reporting, just like with every other game.

I don't know of a single (large) game that uses their forums for reporting, they all have a reporting system for that.

I wouldn't say it's "normal", it's just that when you've been playing for long enough you learn that it can happen. Back when I played PvP I played it on  four different servers in four different tribes, and as far as I know we never got meshed. Even so, by reading on the forums I learned what meshing is and how people do it. When you consider that there are thousands and thousands of people playing PvP all the time, I don't think I would describe meshing as "normal". "Possible", yes, "Normal", no.

Because they do, all the time, it's wrong to say that they don't do anything.

1) They constantly use the tickets that people submit to learn locations where the mesh needs to be fixed, and they regularly put out fixes as part of the normal patching process.

2) People get banned for meshing on a regular basis. The thing is that someone has to catch them doing it, which isn't something you can guarantee.

Let's look at your example, maybe you got meshed, maybe you didn't, there's no proof. How would you feel if you got banned because someone accused you of meshing without any proof. WildCard definitely bans people for meshing, but they have to be caught for that to happen.

So why do you send in tickets? To help fix problems in the game. Let's say you did get meshed, you're just one tribe on one server. If you submit a ticket with the screen shots and the location of the cave, then WIldCard can fix that cave on every server, not just yours.

This is a good time to remember that it's only a theory that you got meshed. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't, maybe there's some other answer that someone else will suggest. Maybe they had a good shot with a rocket launcher or a tek rifle and fired a bunch of rockets until they eventually destroyed your generator. Maybe you need to post the coordinates and a screenshot of the cave, there might be someone who is familiar with that cave and might have a better idea than meshing. It's important to remember that anything in a cave takes 6x damage, so it's a lot easier to destroy your generator inside a cave. It seems like meshing is the most likely answer, but you can't just assume that's what happened.

Just in case it's not obvious, I understand your frustration, I do. It really stinks to thing that someone might have been cheating and got away with it. But that's not an excuse for you to become a cheater too. PvP is already frustrating enough without people cheating, it might make you want to play PvE instead, but becoming a cheater because someone else was a cheater is not the right answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8XS-aDQ3gw

If you watch that clip at 10:13 thats exactly how we had the front of our base setup, our genny was more or less where those cryofridges are. Cant prove it, but you know that its meshing when that goes first.

Well this is the problem , you say that you need to prove it. And its a 100 of ways to fix that issue and its a 100 of ways to fix meshing. Not able to use narcs on players in pvp is one simple way.  But again, the devs are really lazy if you ask me, and so are the comminity if this is a huge problem.  Im not gonna play this game again, if its that easy to destroy things that took 100 of hours to build without punishing them. The devs are more or less saying, dont mesh but we dont really care so just go ahead.

But this game is amazing , never played anything like it. I really enjoyed it before this happend.

So ends another "arkventure". It's really sad. Meshing, or rather the Devs lack of a good response to it, is simply killing official PVP. Small tribes numbers are massively low compared to a year ago. To the poster who had played across four servers with four tribes and never got meshed - dude? You playing PVE? Everyone, everyone, EVERYONE I know who plays the xbox small tribes pvp cluster has been meshed multiple times. In the last year I've had at least 4 "runs" wiped by meshing. Maybe we get lucky and survive a couple of months before we catch someone's attention, maybe it's unlucky and we last a week, maybe we are beta to near alpha size, no matter. A couple of random trolls pop into the mesh and bye bye defenses and all your progress.

To the person blaming OP for not having his genny in a one by. Seriously? They took the time to mesh but "oh snap, genny's in a box boys, abort!" They brought all the rockets and c4 they needed to do the job, even if the genny was in a dropped foundation, multi walled, cliff platted shell. If they get in your mesh, it's over. Your own mesh turrets are the ONLY current answer. And you'll be assuredly reported and devwiped. Good luck. 

I still play, but I don't base build. There's no point. Hide small caches here and there. PVP and legit raid. Enjoy if you can. Maybe someday the real game will return.

Well this is the problem , you say that you need to prove it.

That's how it is in any game. You can't just say, "I know he cheated", no game ever bans people without some kind of evidence. If the game itself can't be programmed to provide build-in evidence (and that almost never happens) then it's up to the players to submit tickets. The devs are not psychic, and they're not wizards, proof is necessary, in any game.

Im not gonna play this game again

It's completely understandable to feel that way, I know a lot of people who have quit (temporarily) because of problems with the game. That includes myself, I took 6 months off during the Early Access period because of a major problem.

Having said that, there's more than one way to play ARK. There's PvE, PvP, Official, Unofficial, Solo, and if you leave the Official servers there are tons of mods that can make the game interesting, depending on whether you join someone else's Unofficial server or start your own. PvP is only one small part of ARK, there are plenty of ways to enjoy it, if you find yourself tempted again.

Archived