Dedicated Server with a friend

zo3000

Dedicated Server with a friend

Hello,

I've been playing Ark for a couple years on and off. A friend and I want to start a dedicated server using a 3rd party hosting provider.  If we rent a server, is there a way that both of us can access the server whenever we want?  We live in two different locations in the U.S and don't want to be limited on when we can login. Also, will we have freedom to go wherever without a tether when using a hosting provider for dedicated servers? If this is all possible, how do you get it setup and what's some of the best Ark server providers?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I use Nitrado, seems to be the most popular and has from what I have seen the most user friendly system. You said access the server, I assume you mean the server for the provider (the host), if so, how well do you trust your friend because you can always give them your account info. By renting a server you lose the tether all together, its your own private "official" server. You can password it so that you are the only people that play on it or you can leave it unpassworded and allow others to play as well. Hope this helps.

Archived