'cheat tp' commands for red/blue/green/king terminals

BadBunny

With regard to ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v298.31 that was recently updated, what is the meaning of adding the following to the official servers?

Added 'cheat tp' commands for red/blue/green/king terminals

I have read the wiki page regarding console commands so understand that it lets you teleport to the different obelisks, but as far as i can tell it does not (and should not?) work on official servers, so does this mean it is only for unofficial servers, maybe this feature was broken in some way?

29 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

With regard to ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v298.31 that was recently updated, what is the meaning of adding the following to the official servers?

I have read the wiki page regarding console commands so understand that it lets you teleport to the different obelisks, but as far as i can tell it does not (and should not?) work on official servers, so does this mean it is only for unofficial servers, maybe this feature was broken in some way?

A lot of this game isn’t for official. Admin commands should be an obvious indicator for that however official GM’s benefit from these codes commands too for server/enforcement management.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:45 AM, BadBunny said:

1) Official

Cheat commands do not work on Official servers, that would defeat the entire point of having Official servers in the first place.

2) Unoffiicial

Even on Unofficial servers, cheat commands only work if you're the server administrator, or if the server admin gives people the ability to use cheat commands. Cheat commands are very powerful and can be dangerous to the server, so admins only give this ability to people they really trust a lot.

3) Solo/local host/non-dedicated

You can always use cheat commands when you play solo, or if you are hosting a non-dedicated server session that you invite your friends to join.

Archived