ALL dinos are dead from withdrawing from OB

Xxtheclashxx

cryopods dead from server xfer in the same map.

well it looks like its time to take another hiatus from this horribly designed game. this is the 2nd worst rage quit and ive spent months building and taming and breeding.

put my dinos in crypods for easy server transfer.  i go to another spot my dinos. theyre all died in the pods.

wildcard, pease make your game enjoyable and dont grief your players. 

**added later**

I have to add, after looking through the forums, i had no idea other people had this issue. 

upvote for crypods and items disappearing. 

I cant play the game until i get over this lost work. its absolutely disgusting.  2 months of playing and its gone. I always find it funny when the people come out that have to rant "OHH THEN DONT PLAY".

On the xbox i have over 3,000 hours and im starting to push 300 hours on the PC.  Now im not calling anyone out here, but this is how game companies lose loyal players... from problems that are foundationally killing the game. 

My problem is  this: there are no other games like this one. This game keeps me sane, until something like this happens... losing all items because of a game glitch. 

When I say sane, the thing for me about this game is the mental thought process when needing to do anything, it makes me feel like im using brain. 

3 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I cant play the game until i get over this lost work. its absolutely disgusting.  2 months of playing and its gone. I always find it funny when the people come out that have to rant "OHH THEN DONT PLAY".

On the xbox i have over 3,000 hours and im starting to push 300 hours on the PC.  Now im not calling anyone out here, but this is how game companies lose loyal players... from problems that are foundationally killing the game. 

My problem is  this: there are no other games like this one. This game keeps me sane, until something like this happens... losing all items because of a game glitch. 

When I say sane, the thing for me about this game is the mental thought process when needing to do anything, it makes me feel like im using brain. 

• I'm sorry you lost your progress man. not gonna rant at you.
  • you kind of did call wildcard out
  • There are other games like this. conan exiles, 7 days to die, etc. it's a game genre. PM me for some good suggestions
  • If you need a game to keep sane you should talk to somebody about it IRL
  • I don't really understand the last part, maybe you mean you like to think.  I can relate to that, thinking is awesome.

4 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I would suggest you move to a community server with active admins if you arent on one already, because stuff like this will continue to happen since the devs routinely break things with random updates and pretty much ignore any submitted complaint tickets.  Official servers are absolute garbage, the best ways to play this game are unofficial servers and single player, since at the very least you can ask a admin to help you fix the issue or do routine backups in single player anytime you do things that have buggy game mechanics.  You cant rely on wildcard to do anything, they wont even fix early access glitches like broken beacons, its best to be in a situation where either you or an admin that cares can at least bandaid the problems the devs refuse to acknowledge.

I'm really sorry you lost your tames and all that time.

8 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Official servers are absolute garbage, the best ways to play this game are unofficial servers and single player, since at the very least you can ask a admin to help you fix the issue or do routine backups in single player anytime you do things that have buggy game mechanics.  

I agree with unofficial servers being the best way to play the game, however from my own experience on xbox, single player is completely broken with the regularity of crashing and world save corruptions.

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I agree with unofficial servers being the best way to play the game, however from my own experience on xbox, single player is completely broken with the regularity of crashing and world save corruptions.

Single player mode sounds like a nightmare on Xbox, with no ability to backup your saves for when the inevitable file corruption happens. At least the steam version you can manually backup saves, still a pain though.

20 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Single player mode sounds like a nightmare on Xbox, with no ability to backup your saves for when the inevitable file corruption happens. At least the steam version you can manually backup saves, still a pain though.

Its is lol. That plus when the game crashes its pretty much a half an hour roll back to the last save point as there is no sever holding the saves (Id imagine its the same on steam). I even tried by passing that at one point by forcing saves regularly through admin commands but that caused crashes too. Even logging out of the game caused crashes.... If it wasnt for unofficial servers (and in particular the cluster I play on atm) the chances are I would have given up with this game long ago.

9 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I sometimes forget that console gaming is a completely different world, sadly console gamers don’t get the same luxuries PC gamers get even though you guys are often paying more for the game than we are.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I sometimes forget that console gaming is a completely different world, sadly console gamers don’t get the same luxuries PC gamers get even though you guys are often paying more for the game than we are.

Yeah unfortunately. Its something you just kinda have to accept as a console gamer. In terms of Ark what I wouldnt kill for access to mods for the likes of S+ or some of the various add on mods. Or even just switching bloom off in the menus...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

just came back to this. i see it was moved to xbox. i play on pc on steam. 

Moved it back. I assume it was moved there based on your profile that state you are playing on Xbox. If you are on steam now, please update your profile. ?

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Moved it back. I assume it was moved there based on your profile that state you are playing on Xbox. If you are on steam now, please update your profile. ?

I cant. I keep getting this error no matter what i do.

Your Steam Integration account is already associated with another member.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I cant. I keep getting this error no matter what i do.

Your Steam Integration account is already associated with another member.

If you have issue associating your steam account, please submit a Support Ticket and an administrator should be able to look into it for you. That being said, I'm only referring to your "platform" field. To change it, go to your Settings, select [Edit profile] on the right and there you can simply uncheck Xbox and check PC instead.

on the cryopod instantly killing dino's after transferring and removing from ob -:
this happens on official, unofficial and single player, I've had it happen on all of them, the last being official.

sense then, I transfer with the pods in my inventory rather then in the obelisk,  and In over a year I have yet to lose one.  I doubt i'll ever try doing pods via the obelisk again as long as I can transfer with them in my inventory.

Archived