PS4 Host Distance Issue

ArcaneKobold

Suggestion

PS4 Host Distance Issue

Hello Ark devs!! So, this has been an issue for me and a few friends for quite a bit now. We play primarily on non-dedicated sessions on PS4, and the non-host members aren’t allowed to go a certain distance away from the host, around a hundred meters or so is the limit. We checked something and apparently this isn’t an issue on PC, so we were wondering if this is going to be patched in an upcoming update, and if not, please consider it. I’d like to explore your game without having a distance limit that we can’t control. Thanks!!!

1 reply to this server topic

6 hours ago, ArcaneKobold said:

PS4 Host Distance Issue

Hello Ark devs!! So, this has been an issue for me and a few friends for quite a bit now. We play primarily on non-dedicated sessions on PS4, and the non-host members aren’t allowed to go a certain distance away from the host, around a hundred meters or so is the limit. We checked something and apparently this isn’t an issue on PC, so we were wondering if this is going to be patched in an upcoming update, and if not, please consider it. I’d like to explore your game without having a distance limit that we can’t control. Thanks!!!

PC uses better hardware. Console needs to restrict so it doesn't damage your console because the hardware isn't good enough to process that much of the map at the same time.

Archived