QUESTION for Taming App users

DmpTrkDrvr

This weekend I tamed a plesiosaur.   I checked all the standard taming apps and it said for a level 35 plesiosaur it would take 35 kibble and be K.o  For 21 minutes.   THIS WAS WRONG.   first it woke up twice on me while I was coming back to Re- narco it...  Both time I got it knocked back out before it took off..  So I had waited about 50 minutes letting the food drop and since I k.o. it before it ate it still had low food so after the 3rd knockout I just decided to sit bye it and wait.  I dropped 35 rex kibble onto it and it INSTa tamed the thing is it only used 26 kibble not the 35 the apps suggested. 

After it was tamed I rechecked all the calculators and they all said 35 kibble for a level 35 plesiosaur. .   Does Anyone have an idea why it took less time and kibble than it should have.. I use Survive-ark.net mostly but also checked the DODOdex and they all are the same..  I am confused and wonder what I have missed.  

P.s. even though it woke up 2 times on me It still got all the bonus levels from the kibble tamed out to a level 51.. 

11 minutes ago, XcrazeddoctorX said:

Are you on a  single player world where things could be tweaked a bit? or a player dedicated? if so that could be the reason. if official dedicated I have no idea

Official server 541 pve.. it also only stayed knocked out for 18 minutes 35 ish seconds .  Torpor rate dropped at a rate faster than stared in app.. also I made exact 36 kibble and went home with 11 so it ate 26 kibble   9 less than it should have.. would it waking up and being retranqued do anything to it because this is the first animal to wake up on me then be knocked back out . 

28 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Official server 541 pve.. it also only stayed knocked out for 18 minutes 35 ish seconds .  Torpor rate dropped at a rate faster than stared in app.. also I made exact 36 kibble and went home with 11 so it ate 26 kibble   9 less than it should have.. would it waking up and being retranqued do anything to it because this is the first animal to wake up on me then be knocked back out . 

No, letting it wake up and KO ing it again should not effect it like this. Maybe it hasn't been updated and this dino's stuff changed slightly? 

I've noticed much of the same trend in my server (Official PvP 402 on Xbox, standard vanilla settings). I use the Dododex app on my phone, and it pretty frequently tells me I'm going to need more food/time for a given tame than I actually end up needing. It's not really a big problem, since it's always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared, but I would really appreciate if I could get an accurate count on how much kibble I'm going to need before I start trying to tame something. I don't remember any exact numbers, but I recall when I tamed my Ptera at around level 65, I ended up using something like 5 less kibble than the app had claimed I would need, and the tame definitely finished faster than the app said it should have.

On a side note I noticed that on Xbox single player, I shot 217 arrows into a giga, then quickly flew around to get some prime meat from a nearby stego, and when I returned it was up already. Then it happened it happened a second time. Then a third time immediately after knocking it unconscious I exited the game to boost food consumption and when I loaded back in it was up and running around again. 

Looks like you must access the inventory (put something in it too?) or else when you leave render distance it cancels the initial torpor. Haven't tested with other dinos.

(just an FYI) 

Plesi's are weird, the lowest level Plesi you will encounter in the wild is a level 35, but they will not in fact be level 35. Crumplecorn notes this on his site, but I don't beleieve any of the others do. What you need to do with a lvl 35 Plesi is look at it's max torpor, you can then through process of elimination on the calculator of your choice work out what level it actually is and adjust your timings etc accordingly. Why this is the case with them, nobody knows, possibly not even the devs ;)

38 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Plesi's are weird, the lowest level Plesi you will encounter in the wild is a level 35, but they will not in fact be level 35. Crumplecorn notes this on his site, but I don't beleieve any of the others do. What you need to do with a lvl 35 Plesi is look at it's max torpor, you can then through process of elimination on the calculator of your choice work out what level it actually is and adjust your timings etc accordingly. Why this is the case with them, nobody knows, possibly not even the devs ;)

This my friend makes perfect sense.   It was a 28 dressed up like a 35 lol..  BUT  once tamed it says level 51 could the after tame level be fraudulent  as well..  LOOKS like the only true solution is TO TAME ANOTHER ONE  muwahaha. .

The Torpor math says mine was a level 21. Which matches the kibble and the time to wake up.

On 3/22/2016 at 3:12 PM, Kraken said:

Developer of Dododex here -- I just double checked Dododex's calculations for the Plesi and it seems to be matching the values in the Dev Kit, so Kraken's explanation seems to makes sense. 

If any of you run into issues with Dododex's data, please click "About / Feedback" at the bottom of the app and click "https://dododex.typeform.com/to/DoqXzh" to report data errors. I actively update and check for errors. It helps tremendously if you can supply the dino's level and about how much it was off by. :)

21 hours ago, danleveille said:

Developer of Dododex here -- I just double checked Dododex's calculations for the Plesi and it seems to be matching the values in the Dev Kit, so Kraken's explanation seems to makes sense. 

If any of you run into issues with Dododex's data, please click "About / Feedback" at the bottom of the app and click "https://dododex.typeform.com/to/DoqXzh" to report data errors. I actively update and check for errors. It helps tremendously if you can supply the dino's level and about how much it was off by. :)

great job! loving the app

that is all

Archived