Dedi serv / lag every 2 minute because peak of processor

Nicoslife

Dedi serv / lag every 2 minute because peak of processor

Hello everyone :)

I tried to find an answer on the forum about my problem but i didn't find anything, sorry if i missed something..

Actually we are running 6 server with ASM, everything work fine since 2 year, but we discover something recently :
Every 2 minute, on each server, we can see one peak to 100% of the core who is running the map during 1 second before slow down to normal speed. And 2 minute after, again peak 100%, always.

We try to find anything who can explain that, like in windows service, update, mod, but we are not able to find something. So we check with Process explorer each service running on windows nothing appear. Also we change of windows version, the same.
Finally we tried to launch one clean version, without any structure, any dino, player or mod, and it's again the same, the only things we are seeing is :
- Each core of each map have a peak every 2 minutes and create a micro lag in game.

have you an idea about what is it ?

Some informations, we are running on :
= Processor : Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 - 6 core/ 12 threads - 3.6GHz/ 4GHz Turbo
= Memory : 128Go DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
= Disques : 2x SSD NVMe 450GB Datacenter Class Soft RAID
= Network : 500Mbps Bandwitch
ASM Version 1.0.349.1

Thank you for your time

pic01.PNG

pic02.PNG

What is the auto-save frequency on your server?
You need to remember that the operating system will be doing stuff on your CPU as well as the Ark servers.

You might also try this in your Engine.ini file(s)…

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=15

Which significant reduced CPU use on my server.

Our auto save-frequency is every 30 minutes

Yep that's why we checked we windows process if we can see something during these peak, but nothing relevant appear ...

Thank you for the tips, so we tried to put your line command in the engine.ini and made one other test on our test server, and the peak is still there :(

Annotation 2019-08-24 133708.png

I've just watched task manager on my server for a few minutes.  There are irregular peaks in CPU activity while people are active.
The only regular peak I get is during the autosave (approx. 35 minute intervals), which does cause some lag for people.

Which operating system are you using?  I use Windows 10 Pro.
Do you run anything else on your server?  Like a web server, or other game servers?

If you're using windows: It might be worth running   sfc /scannow     in an administrator DOS prompt to check the windows system files.

We are actually running on Windows server 2019, where we find this. So we tried on the Windows server 2016 where we were before, the same. So we thought to try it on Windows 10 today for see if that peak can come from the OS

On this server is running just that :

- Ark Server Manager (last version)
- Plugin API for ark server
- SQL database for server
- 6/7 Map

We tried to launch one server without ASM, Sql, any plugins or mods (Install fresh OS server 2019 or 2016, download ark server and launch it) but the peaks are still there anyway
-_-

But thank you for have take time for check on your side, your information help us to determinate where that come from :) and maybe is from the OS windows Server

Archived