force imprint admin command?

PFM

So my character disappeared. 

I was planning on using admin commands to make a new character, admin command myself to max level again, and force myself into my previous character's tribe. 

But I run into an issue with imprinting. Now, my new character will not benefit from an imprinting bonus from all of my imprinted dinos before. Is there an admin command to force my new character to be the imprinter of all my dinos? Or a way to force myself to get the bonus from the imprinting? 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, PFM said:

So my character disappeared. 

I was planning on using admin commands to make a new character, admin command myself to max level again, and force myself into my previous character's tribe. 

But I run into an issue with imprinting. Now, my new character will not benefit from an imprinting bonus from all of my imprinted dinos before. Is there an admin command to force my new character to be the imprinter of all my dinos? Or a way to force myself to get the bonus from the imprinting? 

TransferImprints <oldPlayerID> <newPlayerID> <NewImprinterName>

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, PFM said:

what is Player ID? Just their name? 

No, this is the character implant number of your old and new character. You can find the old one on any of your imprinted creature in their inventory as "SAMPLE #: 123456789" and you can find your new in your own inventory by hovering over your implant also as "SAMPLE #: 123456789".

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No, this is the character implant number of your old and new character. You can find the old one on any of your imprinted creature in their inventory as "SAMPLE #: 123456789" and you can find your new in your own inventory by hovering over your implant also as "SAMPLE #: 123456789".

Does it list the sample # on the imprinted dino? Or are you saying I need to find an implant of my old character that's on a dino?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, PFM said:

Does it list the sample # on the imprinted dino? Or are you saying I need to find an implant of my old character that's on a dino?

Look in the inventory of any creature that is imprinted to your old character and you can see its ID there:

ymuC2jb.jpg

And you can find your current ID on your implant:

gc0oPLM.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, PFM said:

Oh wow this is really helpful. Thanks!! 

So, for the command, I'm not actually putting the "<>" in the input right?

No, you don't. Example:

admincheat transferimprints 000000000 111111111 "Blah"

Would transfer imprints of the creatures imprinted by the character that have the ID 000000000 to the character that have the ID 111111111. If 111111111 is not matching the ID of a player currently on the server, then Blah will be used as the imprinter name otherwise the name of the character is used.

<...> basically means an argument that is required, and [...] an argument that is optional.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

No, you don't. Example:

admincheat transferimprints 000000000 111111111 "Blah"

Would transfer imprints of the creatures imprinted by the character that have the ID 000000000 to the character that have the ID 111111111. If 111111111 is not matching the ID of a player currently on the server, then Blah will be used as the imprinter name otherwise the name of the character is used.

<...> basically means an argument that is required, and [...] an argument that is optional.

and the quotes on the player name are needed?

• Volunteer Moderator

The quotes are not required for that command because the player name is the last argument. But it is good practice to use them whenever you want to pass a string argument because take the following example:

somecmd <some string> <some int>

This would be okay to do:

somecmd blah 0

But the following wouldn't:

somecmd blah blah 0

Because the parser would assume the second blah to be the <some int> argument and throw a type error. So you have to use the following to tell the parser blah blah is actually your <some string> argument:

somecmd "blah blah" 0

On 8/23/2019 at 10:23 PM, invincibleqc said:

The quotes are not required for that command because the player name is the last argument. But it is good practice to use them whenever you want to pass a string argument because take the following example:

somecmd <some string> <some int>

This would be okay to do:

somecmd blah 0

But the following wouldn't:

somecmd blah blah 0

Because the parser would assume the second blah to be the <some int> argument and throw a type error. So you have to use the following to tell the parser blah blah is actually your <some string> argument:

somecmd "blah blah" 0

Thanks so much for the help! It worked perfectly!

• 8 months later...

in theory you could also setbabyage 0.1 so it's still growing then set imprint to 0 do the first imprint again and then setimprintquality 1 for 100% imprint on that character then setbabyage 1 again, you would need to heal the dino up again but that could get around the player character change and reset the imprint to your current character.

Archived