Rex kill can trigger Alpha?

Zapha

Rex kill can trigger Alpha?

So I was in my base on mountain top, saw a tek-rex and because of my elevated position I killed him easily. While harvesting the electronics something red appeared. Another Rex. Able to climb the steepest rock and ripping big holes in my stone-base. I was shocked, didn't knew alphas before.

Why appeared he? because I killed a rex? And why was he so fixated in destroying my base instead of chasing me?

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Actually you can trigger the spawn of alphas by killing the Dino that are associated  with  the spawn. now yes was a unlucky mishap that he aggroed to ur base ?

Well not really.. you can trigger the chance for a new rex to spawn (which in turn *could* be an Alpha..) but were talking semantics now hehe. I just don't want the fellow confused.

@Zapha When you attacked the Rex - maybe the Alpha was near, mateboosted or otherwise and targetted you for killing a Rex. You were standing on your base, it couldnt reach you so it aggros your building. Ive seen that happen whilist luring dinos into drop taming pens

Archived