Crashing Constantly on Consoles

So long story short I'm probably one of very many players who have this issue. Ark on Xbox one non-dedicated and dedicated alike crash alot. I have several friends who rented some servers off wildcard and they would not crash themselves, but the players would constantly. On non-dedicated there was a tether distance slider which did not get alot if any bug reports of course there where bugs not game breaking bugs but bugs. The main ine being something I personally tested. If you where the host being me and say I was at one corner of the island map say crescent island. My friend by the time he reached the swamp cave entrance which is about 5000+ meters. If he harvested something it would not give him resources and would sometimes not render details of somethings. Of course the rendering is just a Dedicated and non-dedicated problem in xbox and ps4 cause no matter your internet you have to look at a dino for 5 seconds for ot to load in and when loaded it still looked like trash. Another thing on non-dedicated is that the game literally crashes every time something minor happens, game saves? Crash. Admin command to save the game? Crash. Flying around the map on a slow flyer? Crash. This also happens on dedicated for everyone but its not as common since the game crashes but not the server. This is a bug that must be fixed cause ark is quickly losing all console players because why play a game when the majority of the time its spent on the home screen. Personally I think there reasoning for not fixing it is... well they are pulling a EA and forcing you to buy more things in order to play. Pay to play ark. I already bought genesis and personally im hoping Wildcard decides to care about their players and fix the crashing or just get the money and just say screw us. Respawn already did that same thing recently with Iron Crown. It would be very disappointing to uninstall another game cause its creator are just about money. Just realized I said long story short... oh well this is a shortened version.

Out of interest what version of xbox one are you running? original, s or x?

I used to run an original xbox one and ark was one of the first games where I noticed that the game was bombing out constantly. All pther games in general fine.

I upgraded to an x and the problems went away. obviously still issues exist that are part of the code base but the constant frame rate issues, rubber banding requiring restart and straight and simple crash to home screen stopped instantly.

just a thought

Posted (edited)

Yea og xbox but games that lag more than ark dont crash at all (Warframe, overwatch) I just think they shouldn't't have released it on xbox if it can't run the game. Like I love ark but dont give me a game that I buy but can't play cause im on my home screen most of the time.

Edited by TerminaterPlays