how to combat people taking tribe ownership

irishstorm

this should be an information thread about the situation and how we can handle it. it should not be locked, it is for the community to talk about it.

what we know so far is that he goes thru structures and has access to vaults and cryofridges.
what is currently unknown to me is, can he access your dino inventories and could this be a save place for your valuables?
is unpodding valuable dino stats currently a good idea or does he gain full control over these dinos as well?

wild card is currently doing nothing about the situation what makes me believe that they do not know how he does it. so until this is not fixed, we have to find a way to deal with it.

5 minutes ago, irishstorm said:

how to combat people taking tribe ownership

With the recent things going on, on server 77 and 510 is there anything we can do to prevent this?

That was a hack. Probably not much you can do about a hack.

The only other tribe ownership issues I heard of is when someone says they are quitting ark and giving away free dinos and somehow through the invite/merge procedure they end up as tribe owner. That's a simple fix. Don't be greedy. They don't have anything you need. Also if someone is truly quitting ark, with the invention of cryopods they aren't uploading 50 dino's anymore, lol. They can drop a bag.

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

That was a hack. Probably not much you can do about a hack.

The only other tribe ownership issues I heard of is when someone says they are quitting ark and giving away free dinos and somehow through the invite/merge procedure they end up as tribe owner. That's a simple fix. Don't be greedy. They don't have anything you need. Also if someone is truly quitting ark, with the invention of cryopods they aren't uploading 50 dino's anymore, lol. They can drop a bag.

it is 100% a hack of some sort, we need to find out how far his control reaches and what we can do about ourselfs.
this is not a thread about mistakes with merging or insiding at all.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I don't want to mention what happened as this thread will most likely get locked :(

Questions about 77

We all know now what is happening there (77) and what's going on, however

someone asked about the dino as a vault to hide things.. I am going to answer

that as a 77 person who just lost a cryo+ full on her spino.. I moved

most off due to work load could not move them all.. so I hid them...

they can and have been taken that way as well. 

So it's not an option do not try it, I thought it would work as well.

Archived