Argen Eggs

BizzlesLunchBox

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, BizzlesLunchBox said:

yeah i think i am going to have to get an Ovi but they take so much eggs to tame. 

when you say male boosted can it be any male dino or does it have to be a argen?

the pen is located away from all my other dinos because i was told if you have too many dinos in one area they dont lay. 

Use dodo eggs and go for a level 4 to 20 Ovi.  It will take 200 eggs(but take a few extra), and 1:06:40, for a lvl 20.  A level 4 would be 126 eggs and 42 minutes.  Dodos are easy to find, easy to tame, and lay eggs at a very good rate.  Tame 10 or 20 dodos and you will be buried in eggs.

And, don't worry about going for max stats on the Ovi, as a lvl 4 Ovi is just as useful as a lvl 120 Ovi when it comes to egg boost.

Mate boosting only happens with same dino/animal.  So, you need a male argen.  Again, if you need it only for mate boosting, don't worry about the level; and you can replace it later.

I have well over 100 dinos all in various proximities to each other, and I get plenty of eggs.  You want the argens close to where you character is; that is, you don't want them going into stasis.

Sometimes, I move my egg layers around so that the ones that I want more eggs from are closer to where I will be working/spending time; if possible.

23 minutes ago, ImpureFrost said:

Go up the kibble tree to tame a rex then tame an ovi, it shouldn't be hard once you have the eggs.

Would be faster this way, but I got my Oviraptor using two brontosaurs eggs, found in the wild, and about 113 other random eggs. Most of the eggs consisted of dodo and dilo eggs and it took me 45 mins to a hour to tame.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, BizzlesLunchBox said:

the pen is located away from all my other dinos because i was told if you have too many dinos in one area they dont lay. 

I don't believe this is true. I have 100 Dodos in the same place, and other dinos in the area and I have no troubles getting eggs. You do however need to be around the area yourself otherwise if you go to far then nothing will happen.

57 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

....the question being asked of whether having both male and female would help make eggs is mind numbing....but then it was asked if it needed to be the same species and now the numbing has been replaced with cramping

thats true as my scorpions didnt lay until i got a male one. 

6 hours ago, BizzlesLunchBox said:

yeah i think i am going to have to get an Ovi but they take so much eggs to tame. 

when you say male boosted can it be any male dino or does it have to be a argen?

This is not correct.  For eggs to drop, you must be in the area of the animals.  If they are too far away, this will prevent the eggs.  

Like suggested, best bet is to first get a male, (like mentioned level is irrelevant if it's just for the eggs) and get an ovi.  This will help produce more eggs.  yes, the ovi takes a lot of eggs to tame, but you will get a lot more eggs from all your animals so they are worth it.  

10 hours ago, BizzlesLunchBox said:

why arent my Argen's laying eggs? i have out them in a separate pen away from my other dinos and there still not laying! i have 4 females together do i need a male? 

Bad luck.

On one server I have like 3 carnos, 10 turtles and 5 paras spitting out eggs all the time.

After a week of casual play I have already enough carno eggs for 2x120 wolf tames if I want.

On server 2 I have 4 carnos, 7 turtles, 8 paras and after 3w I only have 2 turtle eggs and 3 carno eggs. (The latter just because I decided to let them mate starting today)

Can stay for 3-4hrs working on my base there and never leave the perimeter. Not a single egg.

Do get a single male+multiple females though. And let them mate when possible. Guaranteed eggs that way.

I'll copy this from the wiki to make this easier for folks:

Only female dinosaurs can lay eggs. Every creature which is capable of laying an egg has the exact same laying rate (except for Dodos). Currently female dinos will drop eggs continuously, no matter if the player is around or not.

A mate boosted female has a much higher chance of laying eggs than a non-mate boosted female (2x multiplier). One male can mate boost multiple females of the same species around him, and vice versa.

• A mate-boosted female creature will have a chance to lay an egg every 17 minutes.
  • An oviraptor set to wandering provides a buff that reduces the egg laying timer from 17 minutes to 11 minutes 20 seconds.
  • Dodos have different egg laying mechanic: They have a chance of 13% to lay an egg instead of a feces when defecating, which happens randomly after 100 to 300 seconds. They can also be forced to lay an egg with relative ease by force feeding stimberries.
  • There is a limit on how many eggs can be present within a certain range: for most creatures this limit is 6.

21 hours ago, perk8504 said:

....the question being asked of whether having both male and female would help make eggs is mind numbing....but then it was asked if it needed to be the same species and now the numbing has been replaced with cramping

you don't need a pair to get unfertilised eggs. having a pair just increases the chance of the females laying eggs. 

i have three female ankies. i get eggs. 

Archived