What are the Rules for keeping someone Prisoner?

Jynxs

What are the Rules for keeping someone Prisoner?

Hi, If i am to knock someone out and keep them prisoner and handcuffed to a chair.

How long am i allowed to keep them for before it becomes out of hand ?

Some War Raid can take up to 30-40hrs with decent bases and if i grab someone and keep him hostage while we wipe the base.

eg if its 24hrs say i keep him 24hrs captured then kill him. then go recapture him again would that be seperate instances ?

I just want to know the official Ruling without breaking the rules thanks.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Jynxs said:

code of conduct does not state about the prisoners for how long i dont want to be dev wiped because i want to hold players prisoner 

There is no mention, meaning there is no rule about that. Keep prisoners as long as you want.

4 hours ago, bannedbybirth said:

Doesn't stop someone from eating their own irl poop, you can hold my character hostage - "but you'll never take me alive".

You'd hate my floating jails, where you can't move and your food/water simply won't drain.

I once had on a PvP server, a player who was so pissed of being my property, that he jumped on another server, created a character simply to transfer it where he was held, in order to overwrite said character. Fun times!!!

16 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

You'd hate my floating jails, where you can't move and your food/water simply won't drain.

I once had on a PvP server, a player who was so pissed of being my property, that he jumped on another server, created a character simply to transfer it where he was held, in order to overwrite said character. Fun times!!!

how do you make someone float in your jail?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

how do you make someone float in your jail?

I wouldn't recommend it. This definitely falls under "Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated." and could get yourself into trouble.

51 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I wouldn't recommend it. This definitely falls under "Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated." and could get yourself into trouble.

I wouldn't be confident to call it an exploit and again, devs stated before that keeping a player hostage is fair game and not against CoC.

As for the scorpion hitbox, it has been buggy since day 1 of EA and never been fixed. It's not as if someone can simply log out and fall under it, thus freeing themself of said floating issue.

51 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This definitely falls under...

That is YOUR interpretation of the CoC, not Wilcard's.

At the end of the day, do as you see fit. You can always try to write a ticket and get an official response from a WC employee, but I doubt you'd get anywhere.

Have used floating jails before. Find a hole that when one falls in they just float there, everybody has probably been stuck in one by now, drag your unconscious victim to the edge and turf them in. I used foundations after to seal access to the hole and put a crap decoy base ontop. This idea came to me while I was stuck in a hole for the better part of 4 hours. It would definitely be a grey exploit.

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

Does putting a player on top of walls to make them slide around work? Does handcuffing them to a tek pod still work as well? I have plans for beach bobs named 123

Yes walls\fence foundation  work well ;) at one time this was a way to breed ;)especially  quetzal  the baby would eat less an be in persay stasis.  vault's are by far the best way to keep  prisoners ...

Archived