Direwolf

Crummyfoot

Suggestion

Direwolf

Give them a saddle so they can still be a usable tame in late game, tek would be awesome to have but even a normal one would work, i know you gave them a TLC update but most people don't even raise them any more because they have no armor. The only time they're currently useful is early game until you get your first rex and then they're obsolete, the sabertooth beats direwolves for cave exploration as well due to the fact that they can wear a saddle, hell even a raptor works better since they have better survivability with a good saddle than a wolf currently does. If nothing else let us put helmets or something on them to give them some defense

5 replies to this server topic

Well wolfs are also not always in a pack some go the lone wolf route... Like i said earlier collars might be answer here or some type of battle harness.. As all dogs are descendants of wolfs and have been used in warfare.. In ancient times, dogs, often large mastiff- or molosser-type breeds, would be strapped with armor or spiked collars and sent into battle to attack the enemy... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_in_warfare.... This would allow them to have some armor and remain unsaddled.

That is true but the pack bonus can't help a solo player when they do artifact caves, really the pack bonus will only benefit you in the overworld. The pack bonus is good overall but my point about them being obsolete in the late game stages still stands. If they allow us to put helmets or a collar on them for armor then they would be more usable, i wouldn't mind if they made the collar with no higher tiered bp. The base 25armor or whatever they put on would be enough to provide the wolves just a bit more survivability and the ability to do more damage. Plus if they do spiked collars or something it would look pretty cool... The direwolf is currently the only ridable tame with no saddle in the game, im not including the wyvern because theres a tek saddle for it in the dev kit that wasn't released... Odds are im just being biased toward getting them some saddle or armor since im tired of my tribe ranting about how im breeding a "worthless" tame

I think of the direwolf like a berserker in role playing games, all about the damage and goes into a rage not caring about his health.

Instead of making everything the same, I would prefer each creature be unique. Wolves sacrifice armor for more attack.

Perhaps like I suggested above a rage mechanic based on damage taken when not with a pack. Like the lower its health is the more damage it does.

Archived