Fertilized Egg Decay

Fertilized Egg Decay

Is there any way to reduce the time it takes for an egg's health to go all the way down and dissapear? I'm having problems with collecting eggs in time on my singleplayer, i usually leave my base or just sit around waiting for metal to refine and write for maybe 15-30 minutes (my breeding rates are way up) and should come back to maybe 4-5 eggs, but i find they aren't there and have decayed. I don't want to be watching my argys and collecting their eggs as they breed all the time because i have other things that i need to do and check on other places. 

11 hours ago, solix414 said:

if you have a bunch of aircons and a daeo, you can have them hatch while you're out and be partially grown when you get back

The only problem i have with this is when the argys hatch they get stuck in the floor, and its a pain trying to get them out.

10 hours ago, Gollum99 said:

Make a few incubators around the place where you get animals to hatch eggs. I ahve a platform with 20-30 incubators and on top of it i place my egg bearing dinos if i knowi am away for a few minutes. So when they lay the eggs they also start hatching already

I have a fairly large circular room with 6 aircons, and like i said, they just get stuck in the floor as they hatch, and keep piling up as more and more hatch 

On 8/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, invincibleqc said:

Since you are on SP, I would simply suggest you to set MatingSpeedMultiplier to a very high value so that your creatures mate instantly and you can pick up the eggs right away without having to wait.

MatingSpeedMultiplier isn't an option on xbox, there's a mating interval multiplier and incubation/gestation speed multipliers but those are the only options that are close to that really

On 8/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, solix414 said:

some creatures like the ovis have an issue where when they are born the clip through the floor, foundation, map etc. the commonly accepted answer is to put them on ceilings or ramps so they fall through. the issue with eggs clipping into the floor could be mitigated if they fall through

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try

Archived