Question, not suggestion

SaltyMonkey

Question, not suggestion

Some context here, I was asked a while ago if I would be kind enough to add stone structure blueprints to our cluster of servers, but I put it off for a while until the weekend just gone. I don’t like the idea of modifying coloured supply crates so adding them into the game took a lot of thought, and I eventually settled for them dropping from small and medium sized carnivores.

My question is, were stone structure blueprints ever in the game (possibly legacy days), and why would they have been removed?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

My question is, were stone structure blueprints ever in the game (possibly legacy days), and why would they have been removed?

They were never added anywhere. It was mentioned and confirmed they would be added somewhere and that all the tables would receive a TLC and be balanced before release but they unfortunately never were. I think the basic ones (foundations, walls, doors, ceilings, etc.) could fit well in blue and the Behemoth Gate/Giant Hatchframe in purple.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

They were never added anywhere. It was mentioned and confirmed they would be added somewhere and that all the tables would receive a TLC and be balanced before release but they unfortunately never were. I think the basic ones (foundations, walls, doors, ceilings, etc.) could fit well in blue and the Behemoth Gate/Giant Hatchframe in purple.

Yeah they balanced the tables to include the “new” dino saddles but never included these blueprints. I just think it’s a strange thing to leave out.

The Loot crates are just an absolute mess.  They aren't balanced at all.  Why is it easier to get a Rock Drake saddle bp (yellow and red drops) than a Spino bp (red drop only) on Aberration when Spinos litter the rivers and rock drakes require a high level spino to go down and get an egg?  Why are metal hatchets and picks rarely found in loot tables when they're the most basic of tools?   Why do I need to raid a deep sea drop to get a Yuty saddle bp?  Why can't I get say a prim saddle in a purple drop and an MC or ASC in a red drop?

And there wasn't all that much thought put into BPs either.  Why is there still bps for plant y, or tek replicators?  Why didn't any of the homestead additions get BPs?  (metal longwalls anyone?)  Why bother with a BP for a forge or fabricator when far simpler items require the forge and/or fabricator engram as a prerequisite?  I remembering reading that you can spawn stone bps in single player with console, but they were never added to the game.

Archived