Public Beta 2 [Experimental Branch]

StudioWildcard

21 hours ago, BIK said:

As a PVE player and trying the changes I can say I am not happy with the changes to the Snow Owl. I can understand why PvP players want it, but in PvE it is hurting the actual use of the creature. I agree with someone above that perhaps it should be locked out of freezing enemies players and dinos, but not the wild dinosaurs which is hurting the great and fun mechanic/use it has for PvE.

I wish PVE changes would be considered for this. I can almost guarantee PvE is the majority of this game nowadays (between unofficials and official)

19 hours ago, d1nk said:

I wish PVE changes would be considered for this. I can almost guarantee PvE is the majority of this game nowadays (between unofficials and official)

It is but what is an inconvenience to us is sometimes game breaking to PvP. I really wish they could just separate the two but have no idea what type of logistics are involved with that.

Still, WC tends to nerf with a heavy hand rather than an experimental scale back. The nerfs need balancing.

Edit: It doesn't look like they are taking anything away from the Owl (not in beta so can inly follow the notes) just adding a bit of time to it. Seems like a fair PvP to PvE compromise tbh. We would of all loved just a cap on flyer speed when they hit that nerf so at least the mode balancing appears to be there.

These changes are all great for those that actually play all aspects of the game on pvp servers. Anything that makes raiding "cost" more is good as the game currently stands raiding is way to easy especially considering the time everything takes and that we invest into things such as tames, blue print farming, build etc....so I say anything that makes raiding a little tougher is a huge step in the right direction and anyone that disagrees probably has not been on the receiving end of being raided. And don't take this the wrong way I have no problem being raided but if I am I want to see some dinosaur deaths in my logs like the cost should be more to take someones "time." And I think until that is the goal and more balance happens to make it so we will continue to see the player base decline in what is truly an amazing game.

The Tape nerf seems a bit overboard. I feel like that nerf can be brought down from a 10 to a 4.

Nice to see the weight of the plant z going down a bit more, although I feel 5 weight is more balanced.

I also don't understand the windup on snow owls going to 2.6 from 1.3 when you've already added a 10 second immunity.

The Mek shield changes don't really change the meta, it will still be OP.

Love the tek turret HP buff. They always felt a bit weak.

As an xbox player who has played Extinction on PVE I say..LEAVE THE TEK TAPY PROJECTILE DAMAGE ALONE!!!

Can't emphasize enough how useful the Tek Tapy was for taming and killing Titans, especially after the Managarmr nerf. Do what you want with the projectile damage to structures, but the overall projectile damage to other targets should stay the same. Period.

• Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived