Dedicated Server Refusing to Connect

MalwareJedi

Dedicated Server Refusing to Connect

Hello everyone,

I'm a first time Ark dedicated server owner, and I'm having some issues that I am hoping you can help me solve.

The Problem: After setting up the dedicated server (correctly, I believe), it is "timing out" and refusing to allow players to connect.

Additional details: The server can be seen (even as 'Online') by Battlemetrics, and ArkServers.net, and I've validated the server install files. I'm using DigitalOcean as my virtual service provider, and the distribution is Ubuntu 16. According to all documentation, my IPTables, UFW, and DigitalOcean firewall policies are all absolutely correct. The server is "started." and running, and netstat -tulpn does show ShooterGame as using the 27015 port. However, external port checking tools are saying the 7777, 7778, 27015, and RCon ports are closed.

Things I've tried:

• Rebuilding the server, multiple times. Manually, and also by using LinuxGSM.
  • Using various distributions (started on Ubuntu 18, then tried on Ubuntu 16.)
  • Disabling ALL firewalls (including UFW, IPTables, and the Digital Oceans web-based firewall.) Triple checked the policies when they were active, but that doesn't matter as I disabled them ultimately anyway, with no change to being able to connect.
  • Connecting to the server through Steam, through the ArkServers website, and through the in-game server list.
  • I've had other people try to connect to the server as well. Always the same issue, with everyone.

I will gladly rebuild it again, or give screenshots/readouts of the IPTables/UFW if you request. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to DigitalOcean, but I have no idea. Don't know what else to try, so I figured I'd post here. Thanks!

Archived