Why the Fahrvergnügen can you cage people forever

Bobthebeast

Depends on how they have caged really if they are pro then yes that can have u there a very long time if not forever but if in a simple  cage u can punch .if not handcuffed .face the cage up close an punch till u ko urself an if lucky wake up outside the cage. If handcuffed jump an exit game fast then relog possibly  outside the cage 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Why the Fahrvergnügen can you cage people forever

Fahrvergnügen - Etymology Borrowed from German Fahrvergnügen, from fahren (“to drive”) +‎ Vergnügen (“pleasure”); popularised by Volkswagen advertisements in the 1990s.

I have learned a new curse word!  Next time someone makes me angry I'm telling them to drive a Volkswagen with pleasure.  

I wonder if OP is still trapped in a cage.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:10 PM, Bobthebeast said:

Why the raptor can you cage people forever

Because PvP in this game is more brutal than in most games. If you like being captured then you're really going to love when they destroy everything you own and kill all of your tames.

If you are new to ARK, my suggestion would that you don't start on PvP, you're better off learning the game on PvE and then moving to PvP later if you want a more challenging version of the game.

Most servers have a rule limiting how long you can have someone captured for, it's usually around half an hour, so no they arent allowed to keep you in there forever, unless you are on a server with no admin governance or a server with weird rules around being imprisoned, just try to get in touch with an admin and ask for help and they will hopefully be forced to set you free or get banned.

As for why it is a feature well, picture that you are trying to tame something and some guy makes it his mission to try and screw it up for you, everytime you kill him he comes back naked and just tries to punch your taming creature so you lose effectiveness, and yes this happens a lot, it actually is surprising how many players first instinct is to attack a taming creature even something silly like a parasaur or dilo. I have players who run past and immediately start attacking my tame, I come out of a bush and am like "DILO man" they then stop realizing you are watching and get all apologetic. But when they first thought no one was around they were perfectly happy to punch that parasaur to death... So a a method to deal with an annoying player who just wants to mess with your taming stuff is to cage him instead of killing him, me and some friends have done this a few times, Build a little shack for him, someone keeps watch of him and feeding him Narco's or just is ready to keep tranqing him, and you keep him there till your creature is tamed or you finish whatever you were doing in that area then release the annoying player and you all go on your merry ways.

8 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Most servers have a rule limiting how long you can have someone captured for, it's usually around half an hour, so no they arent allowed to keep you in there forever, unless you are on a server with no admin governance or a server with weird rules around being imprisoned, just try to get in touch with an admin and ask for help and they will hopefully be forced to set you free or get banned.

Yea no this is only on non official servers maybe. On official you can keep someone forever and that's a big ol no on getting banned for holding people prisoner. 

This game was developed by Mericans and they are pretty obsessed with putting people in prisons, maybe it's just cultural?

Archived