AUGUST 2019 UPDATE

GroveStreetJordan

• GroveStreet

Our August Update focuses entirely on Quality-of-Life improvements and bug fixes for the game. Many of the features listed below are things that have been requested by the community, and we’re happy to be able to deliver them. As always, if there are features you’d like to see in the game, the best place to leave your feedback is the #suggestions channel on our Discord or by pinging our @PlayARKMobile account on social media

A previous Blog Post touched on the changes being made to the Obelisk building radius, floating structure building mechanic, and resource cost of crafting TEK Structures. If you missed that post, click here to read more.

ANGLER FISH TLC
The Angler Fish can now harvest Silica Pearls using its bite attack.

ARTHROPLUERA TLC
The Arthropluera can now damage Stone, Metal and TEK structures with its melee attack. The Arthro also now receives more damage from explosives and ranged attacks.

DUNGEON IMPROVEMENTS
If a player manages to get pushed under the Dungeon map by an angry mob, you will now automatically be popped back up to the Dungeon floor, retaining your current inventory.
Additionally, you can now tribute those extra Pt. Notes you’ve been storing in return for 1 Eery Element.

SPYGLASS IMPROVEMENTS
Players using the Spyglass can now view Torpor on targeted creatures.

CHAT IMPROVEMENTS
Tribe members and Allied Tribe members now have different colored names in chat.

CUSTOM WELCOME MESSAGE ON UNOFFICIAL SERVERS
Unofficial Server owners can now set a custom Welcome Message on their Nitrado server settings page. You can set a custom message and a custom title for the message box.

SINGLE PLAYER IMPROVEMENTS
We have added a Manual Save button in the Extras tab of your menu. This provides some extra assurance for those who are unsure if their game has saved recently. 
Additionally, players in Single Player can now redeem promotions that appear in the in-game store directly from their game, without having to enter a Multiplayer server.

TEK IMPROVEMENTS
We have increased the effective radius of the TEK Generator by 1.6x. This Generator requires a lot of resources to craft and run, as such we agree that the effective radius should reflect that.
We have also added Gas Mask functionality to the TEK Helmet when powered by Eery Element.

ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS:

• Cubozoa Multis now correctly drops its Pt. Note once defeated in Single Player.
  • Players are now served a warning that items will be dropped before Fast Traveling.
  • The Sarco can no longer be picked up in PvE (anti-griefing measure).
  • When using & disabling the Fly command in God Console while mounted on a tame, that creature will no longer fly off into the sunset when you dismount.
  • Mailable Gifts in Multiplayer now contain updated loot tables with additional possible gifts.
  • Patch Notes are no longer served upon repeated launches of the game after a game update.
  • Fix for Chronicled Implants wrongfully showing that they will revive as Wild.
  • Creatures such as the Titanosaur which are not able to be revived can no longer be Chronicled.

View full record

On 8/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, WarDrumJordan said:

ARTHROPLUERA TLC
The Arthropluera can now damage Stone, Metal and TEK structures with its melee attack. The Arthro also now receives more damage from explosives and ranged attacks.

DUNGEON IMPROVEMENTS
If a player manages to get pushed under the Dungeon map by an angry mob, you will now automatically be popped back up to the Dungeon floor, retaining your current inventory.
Additionally, you can now tribute those extra Pt. Notes you’ve been storing in return for 1 Eery Element.

TEK IMPROVEMENTS
We have increased the effective radius of the TEK Generator by 1.6x. This Generator requires a lot of resources to craft and run, as such we agree that the effective radius should reflect that.
We have also added Gas Mask functionality to the TEK Helmet when powered by Eery Element.

ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS:

• Patch Notes are no longer served upon repeated launches of the game after a game update.

Arthro damage updates are a pleasant surprise! Thank you!

Awesome dungeon meshing fix! Thank you! I was wondering what we were going to be able to use the extra trophies for!

Great TEK additions! However, is the TEK generator ever going to power implant chambers so we can use the full 10 slots? And fix the issue of tribemates turning the chambers off with screen taps that waste element in them when trying to access ones when they don’t have permissions to access?

Dear God in heaven!!!! Thank you for the patch notes fix! Ughhhh, I’m so happy about this!

4 hours ago, JB1980 said:

Great update!

Keep up the good work!

Any news on decreased costs of Element for TEK?

The patch notes state that adjustments were made, but I haven’t been in game to check what has been affected. 

EDIT: Only walls, foundations, doorways, ceilings (all reduced to 5) and doors (reduced to 3) have seen drops in element cost. No other structures, including lights (still 10 element), have seen decreases. 

Edited by nintendogamer7
  • Like 1

PLZ  ADD MORE CREATURE INTO ARK MOBILE OR ADD SOME MAP 

I KNOW ITS AN HARD WORK 

BUT I HOPE THAT OFFICIAL OF ARK MOBILE CAN GIVE SOME WORK ABOUT ADDING MORE CREATURE AND MAP INSTEAD OF ADDING NEW PURCHASE FURNITURE OR ANY COSTUME THE BEST WAY TO LET PLAYER LIKE THIS GAME AND PURCHASE IS HAVING MORE INTERESTING CREATURE OR NEW SURROUNDING LIKE DESERT JUST LIKE THE PC  AND UPGRADE ABOUT THE PRIVATE SERVER TRIBE SETTING IT WILL MAKE ARK MORE INTERESTING AND FUN HOPEFULLY THAT ARK MOBILE OFFICIAL CAN HEAR SOME OF MY ADVICE 

AND THANK YOU ARK MOBILE FOR BRINGING ME AND MY FRIEND HAVE A NICE COMMUNICATION GAME THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORKING UPDATE HOPEFULY WE CAN SEE AN BIG UPDATE SOON 

I was hoping you guys can add more comprehensive controls to external attachments like the controller and keyboard and mouse or just keyboard I have used them all and have limited control but still enjoy screen controls- playing on note 9 

Also custom control layout or configuration for screen and external devices would be great addition this is one of my favorite games it just sucks the player community is harsh and toxic makes it hard for beginners to get in and actually enjoy it

22 hours ago, Bantabear said:

How long til I can play it 9n a phone with 1.3gb of ram like will I ever be able to or what? I have unlimited data maybe steam the game to mobile?

No, lol. Devices need a minimum of 2gb of ram just to load everything at the lowest possible quality. Then you have to have a processor that can handle rendering the graphics. 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:07 PM, Noobsailbot said:

Hey, guys, I hope one of the developers Or Helpers Can read this message. I have A problem with My Ark Survival Game It Keeps crashing When Ever I Tried To load And This is really frustrating to deal with.

I hope You guys Can See this message So you can help fix this bug.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, Spacedaddy1891 said:

I’d probably enjoy the update if you fixed the crashing issue, I’m lvl 79 in single player and have spent a total of $45 on my single player world and now I can not access it without the game instantly crashing 

I am having the same problem. 

There's been a loooot of issues on our servers ever since the update. People getting blue screen and loosing their characters, insane frame drop, ice wyverns no longer spawn on Ragnarok, the same server message saying "connection to server "sspanel" failed password required" people being logged out of the game and unable to join back. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...