Question about Quetzal and storage

DespawningEnemy

Question about Quetzal and storage

I remember there was a change a couple of years ago that made it so that **quetzals were able to fit through giant hatch frames.** I used to fly my mining quetz in and out with the anky no problems.

What I wanna know is that still a thing? And if this not a thing any more, what kind of storage builds do you guys use for your war and or mining quetzals? I know most people just cryopod everything now days but with quetzals that means taking down what ever you may have built on the platform saddle. (mining ramps, war builds etc)

So I am going for some kind of storage.. I find behemoth gates too large to keep hidden, as I am playing on official pvp in a very small tribe.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!

They used to fit through them when hatchframes were first added. But over the years they wiggled the size dimensions of alot of creatures.

They can fit in a 2x2 ceiling gap but not if there is a hatchframe. Just like how certain medium creatures can fit through standard dino gates but some cant unless you demo just the door, and certain dinos gates with there doors are different sizes which shouldn't be a thing in my opinion.

When on most pvp servers nowadays, we usually just farm up enough metal on an ok'ish weight argy that can hold without slowing speed down and cryo up our ankys.

Alternatively we do a "wyvern purse run" for metal runs, if you know how to do it then its best way to farm metal.

Archived