When does Genesis REALLY take place.

Hemicuda131

Ok so hear me out on this if i recall correctly in the stream when they announced genesis they indicated that it took place between abberation and extinction but exactly when.

I think this is false for 2 big reasons

1 the word Genesis means the origin or mode of formation of something. (well as google defines it) and so it would make sense for this to mean that perhaps part 1 of this at least takes place BEFORE you get to the island.

reason 2 is no implant scar because helena is training you. also in the One who waits explorer note 7 the one or (helena as i understand) states "i dont know how long it took centuries, millennia? time was especially murky for me then." maybe what this means it that all of ark as the player takes place LONG after the story for extinction after helena has mastered the art of bringing the player back to life but as she knows the dangers of the arks she trains you in genesis a "computer simulation" to prepare you for what life will bring before plopping you on the arks.

just a thought but that is why i think perhaps wildcard was leading us astray and it happens before even the island and maybe part 2 takes place after or somewhere between and that is where we will explore arrit prime.

let me know what you think and your thoughts as well.

Genesis does NOT mean “the” beginning or origin. It means “a” beginning or origin. It most likely references a “new” beginning for Earth as the reseed protocol has taken effect at the end of Extinction. 

The implant is missing after ascension as well because death is now a permanent thing with the reseed protocol activated again at the end of Extinction. Until the reseed protocol activates, ALL survivors have always had implants, as implants are a core component of the ARK system functions.

What you reference about when this takes place is not something I remember from the announcement at all. I could be wrong, but your other ideas have little to no foundational support. 

9 hours ago, Hemicuda131 said:

Ok so hear me out on this if i recall correctly in the stream when they announced genesis they indicated that it took place between abberation and extinction but exactly when.

Oh ? I didn't think they mentioned a time frame that precisely ? I beleive the phrased during the Genesis reveal livestream was something along the lines of that it was not accurate to say that Genesis directly follows the events of Extinction but ties in very well with it. 

11 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

Genesis does NOT mean “the” beginning or origin. It means “a” beginning or origin. It most likely references a “new” beginning for Earth as the reseed protocol has taken effect at the end of Extinction. 

The implant is missing after ascension as well because death is now a permanent thing with the reseed protocol activated again at the end of Extinction. Until the reseed protocol activates, ALL survivors have always had implants, as implants are a core component of the ARK system functions.

What you reference about when this takes place is not something I remember from the announcement at all. I could be wrong, but your other ideas have little to no foundational support. 

Yeah I can definitely understand that and that the reason perhaps there's no implants car is because of the Ascension I'm simply speculating that perhaps part 1 of Genesis takes place beforehand and that part two will be what we see after words and that the receipt protocol is taking effect so I think they will tell not only the beginning of Ark but that it will tell a beginning for the world afterwards of Extinction

13 hours ago, GP said:

I thought it takes place after Extinction which may explain the lack of implant scar. I can't remember what was described in the Stream though.

For some reason I really feel like I heard them mention that it takes place somewhere between operation Extinction I could try to find the live stream and look it up but that's what I'm feeling I could be very wrong don't get me wrong this is all speculation anyway

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh ? I didn't think they mentioned a time frame that precisely ? I beleive the phrased during the Genesis reveal livestream was something along the lines of that it was not accurate to say that Genesis directly follows the events of Extinction but ties in very well with it. 

Maybe thats what i remember is them saying it ties in well. Im honestly not sure i had just woken up as i was watching the stream.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:13 PM, Hemicuda131 said:

Yeah I can definitely understand that and that the reason perhaps there's no implants car is because of the Ascension I'm simply speculating that perhaps part 1 of Genesis takes place beforehand and that part two will be what we see after words and that the receipt protocol is taking effect so I think they will tell not only the beginning of Ark but that it will tell a beginning for the world afterwards of Extinction

I think will we see more background of the origin story, but I don’t think any part of this will be a prequel in the normal sense of things... EXCEPT in the instance that Arat Prime is an entity of some sort (context clues from the Genesis announcement ARG) and we are taking control of him where he is stuck/stored. “Memory cycles reset at intervals of every 30 something...” maybe he is being woken up right before or after our Ascension by Helena.

I believe Arat Prime may be a super weapon/human stored/stuck in a facility on the dark side of Earth from before or when the ARKs initially took off to orbit due to some system flaw or failure. Otherwise, I think the time period is roughly around the end of Extinction and we are still moving forward discovering more about the past along the way. 

From what cedric and the other dev said, the 1st part is a simulation.  Your either not youre survivor during this, or youre your survivor before your ark trial.  They made it clear part 1 wasnt a sequel, thus it taking part after extinction makes lil sense.  What i was thinking, since it says a simulation(which seems to follow the ideas of arks) could this be a test trial for the systems before they launched to see if it could work.  It be similar how pilots play that jet fighter simulator before they actually fly in combat for real.  Then theres the name genesis which would work for this.  On the other hand, it could be possible that its a side event after extinction, not the next step in the story, but bridges the gap between extinctions ending with the seeding of earth, and what the next trial is for earth is.  Since earth is starting anew genesis works there as well.  Part 2 or the 3rd dlc pass is where im most interested.  What on earth is so ominous compared to killing godzilla and the happiness of seeding the earth?  During the genesis trailer, admittedly i had a hard time making out some of what helena is saying, "the arrival is soon".  Arrival of what?

18 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

From what cedric and the other dev said, the 1st part is a simulation.  Your either not youre survivor during this, or youre your survivor before your ark trial.  They made it clear part 1 wasnt a sequel, thus it taking part after extinction makes lil sense.  What i was thinking, since it says a simulation(which seems to follow the ideas of arks) could this be a test trial for the systems before they launched to see if it could work.  It be similar how pilots play that jet fighter simulator before they actually fly in combat for real.  Then theres the name genesis which would work for this.  On the other hand, it could be possible that its a side event after extinction, not the next step in the story, but bridges the gap between extinctions ending with the seeding of earth, and what the next trial is for earth is.  Since earth is starting anew genesis works there as well.  Part 2 or the 3rd dlc pass is where im most interested.  What on earth is so ominous compared to killing godzilla and the happiness of seeding the earth?  During the genesis trailer, admittedly i had a hard time making out some of what helena is saying, "the arrival is soon".  Arrival of what?

I think some of what they said may have been misdirects. However, there is plenty of sense in this occurring after Extinction... no implant, every survivor has an implant otherwise they’d have no consciousness or identity (since that is where it is stored). The simulation makes perfect sense for AFTER Extinction because death is permanent once Reseed Protocol is active... everyone can be resurrected at the point we first awake on the Island but no longer after extinction’s ascendance.

Since we can die, preparing and training for new threats in a sim ensures our continued existence while also allowing us to continue progressing in threaten elimination abilities. Not all flying sims are to just train for the actual combat, most are used because there isn’t enough equipment or the equipment too incredibly costly to use for training purposes. Experts with all the experience still use sims for training purposes all the time. Plus... there are generations of pilots who never had sim training for flying... so it isn’t that helpful and can’t make you a good pilot. Good pilots are good because of their instincts, not sim training. They get better by training their instincts. Sims are better for simple muscle memory maneuvers, if they aren’t fully immersive.

An immersive sim like this only really helps those with pre-existing abilities and gives them the most benefit as opposed to new survivors. If new survivors had sim trainings, why do we all die so easily all the time when starting out? Why were all the survivors surprised to see such other creatures? There’s not really any certain conclusion to draw otherwise based on current information other than the possibilities I mentioned already. If it was us before the island, Helena did a crap job of preparing us. AND... it doesn’t explain the hexipedal creatures.

As I said above, the possibility that it involves the AP entity as referenced in the ARG leading to the announcement could very well explain all of this and be either before, during, or after all of our survivors’ experiences. Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence... just because something seemed one way doesn’t make it a fact until there’s supporting evidence one way or the other. Honestly, I think it just depends on if they continue to put as much thought and effort into the story as they have in the past, where things were logically connected and made sense from various aspects. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 4:09 AM, Onimusha759 said:

i think the arrival of ROCKWELL, and aberration spreading across the globe, just a thought, but not the one i support the most with the "spreading" part

• 5 months later...

Archived