Community Crunch 195: Public Beta and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

Is PC experiencing the same issue with longnecks ignoring all armor? On console people are getting one shot contstantly in ascendant flak by prim and ramshackle longnecks.  Was this intended?

I was all about the change to these guns as I think they needed a buff.  But I think they are way overpowered at the moment.

This Beta is cool and making adjustments is necessary, but I hope they just don't break stuff and move on to the next thing to break...

Also, I agree with the nerf to tek tappy damage to structures.  But why nerf its damage to players and tames?

7 hours ago, Ktown said:

That is just nonsense getting rid of war in PVE. You are basically asking for the server to be capped. You mind as well put offline protection in PVP since players just raid offline players. Dont expect someone to have a forcefield in 1 day. We got life and bills to pay to play. Ark takes up so much of our time its part of our lifestyle now. What happened to the response you GM's give out to others saying "you should be more careful who you bring or alliance with"???? You guys got more issues in hand like people selling for real money you urgggg. Its the players ungrateful lifestyle that choose to be bad. We all know ark bring the real personality out of you. I in one hand is loyal and solo and never been wiped because i use my brain who i alliance with. Common sense. Player who just accept alliances from start are straight noobs and dont use their brain. DO WE AMERICA OT ANY OTHER COUNTRIES ALLIANCE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES RIGHT AWAY? NO. Either war happens or in time trust is gained. YOU MIND AS WELL GET RID OF ALLIANCES that will literally solve the issue or have the alliances not be part of the war. Done. Bring it back to the old days One on One..poop.."ohh violence is bad" pleaseee....other reasons why I say getting rid of the war is absurd it's because you are now going to have people use more profanity. Which will cause you WILDCARD to do more work on tickets with players abusing to be internet bullies with excessive profanity. Did you not think of those issues?

If you want to get rid of war. Then get rid of alliances being part of the war. Since that is the main cause of this sneaking around, insiding and pretending to be "friends" to wipe players who wont accept war but talk big. Or have an option for alliance to say yes or no to be part of the war since i understand not everyone is confident and just want to play ark. Whats the point of having OP dinos now? Only bosses? You asking for people to be hoarders Smh. Make an arena or area thats pvp zone like The division or your Mobile Ark having an area.

Future issues:

1. Excessive profanity

2. Server dino cap(its the players choice to cryopod them or not so you can abuse your power and make them)

3. More ticket more work for you Wildcard.

Us veterans since legacy WAS official went through the ups and downs. I am not just thinking of the players, i am also thinking for you WILDCARD. I promise you, you will have more issues and tickets. Honestly just say it. You guys don't want to see these complaints of these war issues. You mind as well get rid of transfering since you cant fix duping..STILL. whats next true official servers next?

DON'T FORGET WHAT YOU FIRST STARTED. THIS IS A SURVIVAL GAME...SURVIVAL.

For you cry babies being happy. It's cause you are noobs and cant do poop to survive. If you cant survive in game, just delete the game. U cant survive real life. I just want to curse and all...this is what i mean wildcard. You will have people like me and others being upset...not just for us but for you and for players like me and other protecting their friends and true alliances from players who talk to talk and cant walk to walk..think of the options i gave while you disable it. Seriously simple...poop...i gave more ideas and exploits to JAT and I dont even have a computer science degree or any of that poop. I may not be the reason but i for sure know I gave a great point from the recent issues of the longneck and rifle not to roll back PVE SINCE THE RATIO OF ANGRY PLAYERS IS HIGHER THAN PVP SINCE IT WAS A PVP ISSUE. Boom no rollback. Now go survive you noobs and go tame yourself a dodo. Smh use your brain.. for you young kids..u shouldnt be playing this..young kids too innocent and its real bad to learn to be toxic...in a few years they will be toxic in every game..

I can assure you that you were not a factor in the decision about the changes to longnecks. You're incoherent. Nothing you say makes any sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Likeitis said:

Use cryopods, devs made it craftable on every map, use this gift.

ORP PVP is a thing.

Play unofficial then.

Wow, you are hooked.

Devs are doing great, respect that.

I use the cryopod. I am speaking about others that will refuse to and use the server dino cap.

I was making a statement that ark is part of our lifestyle for us official players

Me hooked, uhh how long u been playing? I played since the beginning. Hooked is gone many years ago. You have no choice but to reset timers anyways and if you got many dinos. I am pretty sure you know it takes not only 10 mins to farm meat but close to 20 to 30 minutes or more when you raise.

Again, how long have you played? Lol i never said they arent doing great. They are doing great now but for 3 to almost 4 years nope. If  played back when legacy was the original official servers. Then you will know we practically helped make the game from our knowledge and experiences in ark. If you aren't a veteran from then know this. Devs are the ones that came in and spawned in over powered quetz and gigas..thats a good job to seperate the servers? Lol. I respect them as much as i can like everyone else. JAT and I had a conversation before what might or cause issues.. and i do all this for free not like others to get money to expose exploits.

You have to admit and if u dont u are lying. U never ever once get annoyed of laag, blue screen,  connection timed out and this includes single player and nondedicated as well at almost  everytime at the same spot? 

If u seriously dont. Go to the center and fly through mid jungle multiple times, go to the artifact of the pack cave and tell me u never blue screen at entrance(because this has been an issue since ark came out. Fact.) 

What i wrote from my previous post might have been a rant but it's also an idea for wildcard regarding to the warfare system. Just like what @BadBunny said is the exact and perfect example of nonrespectable trolls to brand their toxic behavior.

Again, for the respect. Us veterans still loyal and play should be respected too. Since we helped them with the game as if we were lab rats..smh maybe get your facts before you bring up respect. Respect aint free. Like i said i respect them up to a certain point. If you reallly know ark. Then you will know nothing gets fixed unless an ark youtuber post the issues. There has been a long period it was not shown until the issue became huge. Obviously and apparently people who dupe do a better job as a QA since they seem to try all sorts of stuff often to figure something out..losers only dupe.. i may have said alot from my previous post and now but read carefully what the point is for us PVE players to defend ourselves from trolls and toxic players. No warfare. More trolls. More trolls. More snitches..more snitches. More paranoia.

I can bring up so many examples u wouldnt be able to justify any of the issues i mentioned. Not saying u but obviously if a person cant justify regarding to the issues then they are just mad because they are wrong without even knowing themself. Have fun if u agree to this warfare system. No point of OP dinos then Maybe it will be easier for u to not keep up with the trending stat dinos since u wont need it.

I can only agree what @BadBunnysaid is probably the best option.

Hey is already fixed the problem of places where u can randomly not able to build? Like one place u can build, then not and then I can build again. Already send video and 2 tickets. Pls fix that, because people are building in mesh and u can not build regularly on hide spot. This is a lil bit annoying. Thx :)

21 hours ago, Loki5177 said:

I think this is a good idea. Should also get rid of allies also. No point of having allies if there is no wars. Whats to stop people to pillar a server, and only allow their friends to ally so they would be the only ones able to build on the map.

Who in the world uses the ally system for wars? Never heard of it..

The point of the ally system is to

1) Private Chat

2) Allowing building near. 

3) Blue name so can see friends/don't trigger parasaurs

4) Allow riding passenger on Rock Drakes

still many benefits for PVE

Edited by Aikar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Aikar said:

Who in the world uses the ally system for wars? Never heard of it..

The point of the ally system is to

1) Private Chat

2) Allowing building near. 

3) Blue name so can see friends/don't trigger parasaurs

4) Allow riding passenger on Rock Drakes

still many benefits for PVE

There is a huge thread about why the war system needed to be turned off for official PvE.

PvE really needs better cooperation mechanics. Way more than just alliance that exists now.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, DVSR said:

- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%

Both of the Tek Tapejara nerfs are quite overboard. I'll start by saying that Tek Tapey zergs have a very cheap and effective counter that only require 1 or 2 people to perform. Yes 1 or 2 people can stop 50+ guys flying in on Tek Tapes. Plant Z will single handedly stop a tek tape push in it's tracks. But that isn't the only thing, there's also Yuty fear, Rex roar, mek shield, and some other creative means. These active counters exist but there are also other passive counters such as good building practices. Layering buildings with metal, vault dropping, spacing tek turrets further apart, batteries in heavies, extra tek gens, backup gas gens, etc, etc. Wildcard I understand that people are complaining about Tek Tapes but there are several counters that exist in game that currently deal with Tek Tapes, both passive and active. It's up to the player base to use these counters as they exist to protect themselves. If Tek Tapeys were inherently broken as this patch seems to make them out as being there wouldn't be as many failed Tek Tapey zerg as there has been. I believe if a tribe doesn't build correctly or defend correctly they should be punished for this, that's the nature of PVP servers. Outright nerfing effective raid tactics because people refuse to build proper defenses or adapt to current meta is really annoying and overall damaging to PVP servers.

I agree with you 100% with basically everything youve said but i want to point out this part in particular.  Pvp players want things nerfed when the only real problem is how they build and their lack of imagination/refuse to use already in game mechanics to counter things.  Forgive me for the pokemon reference but if you know and worry about power herb xerneas then its your own darn fault if you dont get a ho oh or steelix to wreck it every time you face one.  Same thing with the mana, it may of needed some nerfing, but ive played around with 1 and im so underwhelmed by it.  I have no idea why pvpers are crying so much over this trash.  Even if its hit and run freezing causes trouble, having smart base building and using microraptors will screw a mana over.  Granted ive had 'discussions' with pvpers and its like talking to underdeveloped people most of the time.  So its easy to see a laziness/lack of imagination with these people as well as a cry baby mentality because they dont want to evolve.  Heck some of them when they are a lil more evolved then others will tell another cry baby to shut up and get good, then they refuse to evolve themselves with something else.  Im glad to see someone else with reason and intelligence.

• Like 1

Im disappointed in the disabling of the PVE wafare, people seem to forget why it came out in the first place.  People wanted the chance to have tournaments, dino fights, small localised fights, even limited time tribe wars.  This allowed that with people outside your tribe and at the time of release was given an overwhelming thumbs up for addressing something that PVE'rs wanted.  I understand the griefing that has happened recently, and also that it needs to be addressed.  If this is a temporary fix then okay, but longer term would still like to see the warfare in place, but with some new safeguard added such as suggested that allies have to opt in or they are not included.  

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I agree with you 100% with basically everything youve said but i want to point out this part in particular.  Pvp players want things nerfed when the only real problem is how they build and their lack of imagination/refuse to use already in game mechanics to counter things.  Forgive me for the pokemon reference but if you know and worry about power herb xerneas then its your own darn fault if you dont get a ho oh or steelix to wreck it every time you face one.  Same thing with the mana, it may of needed some nerfing, but ive played around with 1 and im so underwhelmed by it.  I have no idea why pvpers are crying so much over this trash.  Even if its hit and run freezing causes trouble, having smart base building and using microraptors will screw a mana over.  Granted ive had 'discussions' with pvpers and its like talking to underdeveloped people most of the time.  So its easy to see a laziness/lack of imagination with these people as well as a cry baby mentality because they dont want to evolve.  Heck some of them when they are a lil more evolved then others will tell another cry baby to shut up and get good, then they refuse to evolve themselves with something else.  Im glad to see someone else with reason and intelligence.

Remember when PvP’rs used to Pteranobomb people’s bases which fast tracked the inevitable flyer nerf? You’re right, you just don’t see that level of creativity any more so I agree with you wholeheartedly. People act as if their way is the only way to play and that any suggestions made, even if there are mechanics in place to support it, are wrong and impracticable because PvP’rs say so.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Remember when PvP’rs used to Pteranobomb people’s bases which fast tracked the inevitable flyer nerf? You’re right, you just don’t see that level of creativity any more so I agree with you wholeheartedly. People act as if their way is the only way to play and that any suggestions made, even if there are mechanics in place to support it, are wrong and impracticable because PvP’rs say so.

Pity about the flier nerf though...Maybe to much creativity lol.  Have to admit it was brilliant at the time XD

@StudioWildcard how is polishing hlna and making rifles appropriately dmg armor worth 3 gbs of data?

Edited by Onimusha759

On 8/19/2019 at 3:01 PM, monomania said:

Hope they keep that feature out of the PVE game, and please help people who have been pillaged using this system recently.

Nothey need to readdd this war.  It allows us to have fun.  Just because some tribes war then get wiped they cry about it.  Its some bs that they always giving cry babies everything.  Players can violate the code of conduct all the time and wc does nothing.  But if u call somwone out and they war u and u kill them off they get rewarded for crying.  Go play mariocard and minecraft if ucant hang

On 8/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, Likeitis said:

They need to bring it back.  Wildcard does nothing to players that violate the code of conduct.  So basically noobs and jerks get away with anything with not gwtting hurt.  They can harass the servers, block access, etc constantly.  Before off line damage protection we all just handled issues ourselves by wiping them.  And after that we wiped them thru wars. Now these crybabies get away with everything due to wc lack of enforcement of policies.  Bring it all back, make ark great again.  

5 hours ago, doehrli said:

Nothey need to readdd this war.  It allows us to have fun.  Just because some tribes war then get wiped they cry about it.  Its some bs that they always giving cry babies everything.  Players can violate the code of conduct all the time and wc does nothing.  But if u call somwone out and they war u and u kill them off they get rewarded for crying.  Go play mariocard and minecraft if ucant hang

They need to bring it back.  Wildcard does nothing to players that violate the code of conduct.  So basically noobs and jerks get away with anything with not gwtting hurt.  They can harass the servers, block access, etc constantly.  Before off line damage protection we all just handled issues ourselves by wiping them.  And after that we wiped them thru wars. Now these crybabies get away with everything due to wc lack of enforcement of policies.  Bring it all back, make ark great again.  

The Tribe War System ...Was Abused These Changes  Wasn't Because  PPL Warred Each other And 1 Tribe Lost The War And cryed lol if you would like a pvp experience. ..join the official pvp network I can gladly show you the full experience without  any crying  on my end ;)

On 8/20/2019 at 4:06 AM, runswithpencils said:

Still no word on the HLN-A bot for Windows 10? People have purchased the season pass (myself included) and cannot use the bot we've paid for

Even on XBox we can’t use the HLN-A if we are in multiplayer. If you go to single player you can use it there. I had to make a new  character in order to get the skin to be able to use the HLN-A.

4 hours ago, KittyGoRawrrr said:

Even on XBox we can’t use the HLN-A if we are in multiplayer. If you go to single player you can use it there. I had to make a new  character in order to get the skin to be able to use the HLN-A.

Works fine for me on xbox. Never had a single issue. Install Genesis, it's on every respawn.