Community Crunch 195: Public Beta and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Public Beta

ARK-Survival-Evolved-Giant-Beaver-02.jpg

The Public Beta is set to go live this week!  Like last time, we'll create a thread and give you information on how to access the beta via Steam.  This beta will only be available on PC.  The proposed changes for the beta are below.

The cave changes mentioned in the last Community Crunch will not be in this beta build.

- Mek shield debuff set to not be given on shield deactivation
- Outside of Mek shield debuff reduced to 30 seconds (from 60)
- Snow Owl freeze buff set to not dismount riders
- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
- Snow Owl Encapsulate/freeze wind up changed from 1.3 seconds to 2.6
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage to structures by 75%
- Dropped Plant Species Z Fruit weight to 10

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

Misc Valguero Issues

There are some misc. issues related to Valguero (wyverns, etc) that will be patched this week. Patch notes with specific details will be updated prior to the patch going live.

Duping and Exploits

The enforcement team is actively taking action on tickets and issues that involve game exploits (duping, meshing, etc).  Please refresh yourself on the Code of Conduct for the Official Network to prevent any action being taken against your tribe.

Code of Conduct

PVE Tribe Warfare System

There has been an increase in abuse and enforcement tickets stemming from the tribe warfare system. To prevent further abuse we will be disabling the Tribe Warfare system on Thursday 8/22.  

Classic PvP

Preparation is still underway for a new season in Classic PvP.  We look forward to sharing more details on what to expect soon!

Modding Sponsorships

Mod Program applications will be opening up again on September 1st!
This will be the last application period of the year so make sure to get your projects in.

Apply For Sponsorship

Only fill out the application if you are the owner of the mod. The sponsorship applications are not a nomination system; sponsorship comes with expectations that a given mod author may not want to actually add on to their life at a given point in time for any number of reasons.
It's up to the mod author to decide if they want to put their project up for potential sponsorship.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms (including Valguero) will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 23rd of Aug at 1 PM EST until Monday the 26th of Aug at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

Cover image: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3092-the-island/

View full article

Edit: Also wondering what Tek Tappys new role might be or will it be obsolete if these stats go live.

Looking to see how these will affect your own tribe when slowing down healing:

- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
Edited by Rancor

- Mek shield debuff set to not be given on shield deactivation

This is a really good nerf to the current mek shield spam meta, however I don't think it really addresses the main issue with the debuff. And that is the insanely overpowered values attached to this debuff. The insane slow which makes it impossible to escape from a mek that is in pursuit. But most of all the HUGE 50% weakness to all damage. Mek shield debuff can single handedly determine who will win a push. So much so that neither party will push into each other, so what ensues is a group of dinos on both sides just standing inside a mek shield staring at each other for 2 hours. 

This debuff is what is OP, not the shield spam. 

- Outside of Mek shield debuff reduced to 30 seconds (from 60)

This is a good change but it doesn't address the main issue at hand, the actual debuff values.

- Snow Owl freeze buff set to not dismount riders

Great change. 

Great change, I would ask that this immunity also be extended to the snow owl slow as well. Also possibly address how long players are being slowed and frozen, I think these values are a tad high currently.

Good change, this should prevent spam freezing although so would the 10 second immunity above, not sure what this change aims to accomplish. 

- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%

Both of the Tek Tapejara nerfs are quite overboard. I'll start by saying that Tek Tapey zergs have a very cheap and effective counter that only require 1 or 2 people to perform. Yes 1 or 2 people can stop 50+ guys flying in on Tek Tapes. Plant Z will single handedly stop a tek tape push in it's tracks. But that isn't the only thing, there's also Yuty fear, Rex roar, mek shield, and some other creative means. These active counters exist but there are also other passive counters such as good building practices. Layering buildings with metal, vault dropping, spacing tek turrets further apart, batteries in heavies, extra tek gens, backup gas gens, etc, etc. Wildcard I understand that people are complaining about Tek Tapes but there are several counters that exist in game that currently deal with Tek Tapes, both passive and active. It's up to the player base to use these counters as they exist to protect themselves. If Tek Tapeys were inherently broken as this patch seems to make them out as being there wouldn't be as many failed Tek Tapey zerg as there has been. I believe if a tribe doesn't build correctly or defend correctly they should be punished for this, that's the nature of PVP servers. Outright nerfing effective raid tactics because people refuse to build proper defenses or adapt to current meta is really annoying and overall damaging to PVP servers.

- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage to structures by 75%

Super overboard on nerf see above. I also hope that this value isn't compounded on top of the overall 30% damage reduction above. Taking this reduction of 75% nerf to structures on top of the 30% nerf this is how long it will take to destroy tek items with Tapeys

Paper math on the Tek Tapejara change:

• Tek Turret (3,000 Health) : 34 Shots : 1.25 element used with 1 Tapejara
  • Tek Wall (10,000 Health) : 114 Shots: 4.5 element used with 1 Tapejara
  • Tek Foundation (15,000 Health) : 171 Shots : 7 element used with 1 Tapejara
  • Tek Ceiling (10,000 Health) : 114 Shots: 4.5 element used with 1 Tapejara
  • Tek Generator (15,000 Health) : 171 Shots : 7 element used with 1 Tapejara
  • Tek Forcefield (250,000 Health : 2,858 Shots : 117 element used with 1 Tapejara

(All maths thanks to the one true Velo God: Jose Sanchez)

I don't think much needs said about these values besides they are utterly ridiculous, so much so that you might as well delete the tek tapey saddles from the game because of how pitiful they will be if this goes through to live servers.

- Dropped Plant Species Z Fruit weight to 10

Great change, however 10 weight I believe is still too high and again doesn't address the issue with plant Z. The issue with plant Z is the ridiculous blind that lasts at a minimum 10 seconds but often lasts a lot longer due to server lag. This is compounded by there not being an immunity period (reference; snow owls, bolas, mana freeze, etc). This is the reason why plant Z was so cancerous, NOT because people were carrying so much of it. Please properly address plant Z instead of band aid fixing it like this. I will gladly take the weight change but please Wildcard actively work on fixing it correctly like you are with snow owls.  Plant Z has a legitimate reason for existing in the current meta, I've listed above that it is one of the most effective counters to tek tape zerg, but it also exists to counter rhinos, manas, snow owls, theris, quetzals, velos, reapers, etc. 

• Like 3

Classic PvP

Preparation is still underway for a new season in Classic PvP.  We look forward to sharing more details on what to expect soon!

New season for classic the dead cluster that died out instantly but no new season of smalltribes which has been out like 4 times longer and people have been asking for wipes on?

7 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

PVE Tribe Warfare System

There has been an increase in abuse and enforcement tickets stemming from the tribe warfare system. To prevent further abuse we will be disabling the Tribe Warfare system on Thursday 8/22.  

I’d like to congratulate every person in the attached thread for this new change. Like I suggested, the devs figured it’s easier to amend the tribe war mechanic instead of amending the alliance mechanic, so I’ll give myself a pat on the back (don’t bite).

Edited by SaltyMonkey

I am glad to see that the PVE Tribe Warfare System is being disabled as it is very much open to abuse in it's current format.

I am in a tribe that was raided due to someone abusing the trust of the alliance system resulting the destruction of our base with many cryoed dinos being lost, along with much damage to a friend's base, as well as yesterday seeing another friend's base raided and destroyed, all because some people in this game are simply too pathetic to actually take part in the real PVP environment.

Many of us playing on the PVE servers weren't even aware that such PVP style gameplay tactics were possible and wanted no part of it either. The fact that someone could lie their way into an alliance with one tribe and then themselves actually be able to initiate tribal warfare that dragged in anyone and everyone related to that tribe via the alliance system is to me a senseless gameplay mechanic for a PVE server. At the very least this should have been held in check by having tribal warfare only possible if tribe leaders agreed upon it, not any random nobody that arrives on a server pretending to be something they are not and then being able to cause such misery for people who never wanted anything to do with warfare.

Does anybody in their right mind really think that PVE players who have each literally spent thousands of hours building up a base or bases really want all that work wiped out in seconds by a bunch of stupid and brainless thugs? I lost count how much extra time and effort went in to making the report to Wildcard for our base destruction, with the final kick in the teeth being a reply back simply thanking us for the report but being unable to comment on other players.

I was so close to simply quitting this game because of these raids because what is the point of playing if this is how you are 'rewarded' for all your efforts.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Davaydg said:

What about fire wyvs not spawning and the broodmother still being invisible

8 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

Misc Valguero Issues

There are some misc. issues related to Valguero (wyverns, etc) that will be patched this week. Patch notes with specific details will be updated prior to the patch going live.

Hi all.

im comment just to ask about one thing I sow some people talking in Facebook.

Wc going ford with changes about building close to ob not more available and who have buildings there going to be destroyed?

can please someone answer me? 

I don't think that fair for who have a lot stuff and big buildings. If they want to do that just don't let people build more but let people keep what they have already knowing we can't build more after that.

That is just nonsense getting rid of war in PVE. You are basically asking for the server to be capped. You mind as well put offline protection in PVP since players just raid offline players. Dont expect someone to have a forcefield in 1 day. We got life and bills to pay to play. Ark takes up so much of our time its part of our lifestyle now. What happened to the response you GM's give out to others saying "you should be more careful who you bring or alliance with"???? You guys got more issues in hand like people selling for real money you urgggg. Its the players ungrateful lifestyle that choose to be bad. We all know ark bring the real personality out of you. I in one hand is loyal and solo and never been wiped because i use my brain who i alliance with. Common sense. Player who just accept alliances from start are straight noobs and dont use their brain. DO WE AMERICA OT ANY OTHER COUNTRIES ALLIANCE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES RIGHT AWAY? NO. Either war happens or in time trust is gained. YOU MIND AS WELL GET RID OF ALLIANCES that will literally solve the issue or have the alliances not be part of the war. Done. Bring it back to the old days One on One..poop.."ohh violence is bad" pleaseee....other reasons why I say getting rid of the war is absurd it's because you are now going to have people use more profanity. Which will cause you WILDCARD to do more work on tickets with players abusing to be internet bullies with excessive profanity. Did you not think of those issues?

If you want to get rid of war. Then get rid of alliances being part of the war. Since that is the main cause of this sneaking around, insiding and pretending to be "friends" to wipe players who wont accept war but talk big. Or have an option for alliance to say yes or no to be part of the war since i understand not everyone is confident and just want to play ark. Whats the point of having OP dinos now? Only bosses? You asking for people to be hoarders Smh. Make an arena or area thats pvp zone like The division or your Mobile Ark having an area.

Future issues:

1. Excessive profanity

2. Server dino cap(its the players choice to cryopod them or not so you can abuse your power and make them)

3. More ticket more work for you Wildcard.

Us veterans since legacy WAS official went through the ups and downs. I am not just thinking of the players, i am also thinking for you WILDCARD. I promise you, you will have more issues and tickets. Honestly just say it. You guys don't want to see these complaints of these war issues. You mind as well get rid of transfering since you cant fix duping..STILL. whats next true official servers next?

DON'T FORGET WHAT YOU FIRST STARTED. THIS IS A SURVIVAL GAME...SURVIVAL.

For you cry babies being happy. It's cause you are noobs and cant do poop to survive. If you cant survive in game, just delete the game. U cant survive real life. I just want to curse and all...this is what i mean wildcard. You will have people like me and others being upset...not just for us but for you and for players like me and other protecting their friends and true alliances from players who talk to talk and cant walk to walk..think of the options i gave while you disable it. Seriously simple...poop...i gave more ideas and exploits to JAT and I dont even have a computer science degree or any of that poop. I may not be the reason but i for sure know I gave a great point from the recent issues of the longneck and rifle not to roll back PVE SINCE THE RATIO OF ANGRY PLAYERS IS HIGHER THAN PVP SINCE IT WAS A PVP ISSUE. Boom no rollback. Now go survive you noobs and go tame yourself a dodo. Smh use your brain.. for you young kids..u shouldnt be playing this..young kids too innocent and its real bad to learn to be toxic...in a few years they will be toxic in every game..

• Facepalm 1

Exploits Meshing. It’s sad to read that the enforcement team is dealing with tickets. My experience is that that they IGNORE mesh tickets and pass it as “thanks we don’t need any more information” and close the ticket 

Probably half the people who stop playing this game is due to being meshed and losing hundreds if not thousands of hours of game play your hard core ARK fans.  Myself being one of them.

More needs to be done with an active communication from the devs with plans and strategy’s on tackling meshing.

3 hours ago, BadBunny said:

I am glad to see that the PVE Tribe Warfare System is being disabled as it is very much open to abuse in it's current format.

I am in a tribe that was raided due to someone abusing the trust of the alliance system resulting the destruction of our base with many cryoed dinos being lost, along with much damage to a friend's base, as well as yesterday seeing another friend's base raided and destroyed, all because some people in this game are simply too pathetic to actually take part in the real PVP environment.

Many of us playing on the PVE servers were even aware that such PVP style gameplay tactics were possible and wanted no part of it either. The fact that someone could lie their way into an alliance with one tribe and then themselves actually be able to initiate tribal warfare that dragged in anyone and everyone related to that tribe via the alliance system is to me a senseless gameplay mechanic for a PVE server. At the very least this should have been held in check by having tribal warfare only possible if tribe leaders agreed upon it, not any random nobody that arrives on a server pretending to be something they are not and then being able to cause such misery for people who never wanted anything to do with warfare.

Does anybody in their right mind really think that PVE players who have each literally spent thousands of hours building up a base or bases really want all that work wiped out in seconds by a bunch of stupid and brainless thugs? I lost count how much extra time and effort went in to making the report to Wildcard for our base destruction, with the final kick in the teeth being a reply back simply thanking us for the report but being unable to comment on other players.

I was so close to simply quitting this game because of these raids because what is the point of playing if this is how you are 'rewarded' for all your efforts.

I understand  your problem m8.  However I do not agree with this decission.

Let me explain.  Certain players like to troll others. Just the fact that you walk up to them and declare war will (most of the time) pipe them down.

The option of war being taken away will give these brads all the room they want.

I'd suggest to keep alliances out, unless they "click the option" to participate the war. 

Again Wildcard shows being incapable of adjusting problems the right way. They choose the easy way...

Give players a way to proper defend themselves on PvE

1 hour ago, Ktown said:

That is just nonsense getting rid of war in PVE. You are basically asking for the server to be capped

Use cryopods, devs made it craftable on every map, use this gift.

1 hour ago, Ktown said:

You mind as well put offline protection in PVP since players just raid offline players.

ORP PVP is a thing.

1 hour ago, Ktown said:

Ark takes up so much of our time its part of our lifestyle now. 

Play unofficial then.

1 hour ago, Ktown said:

For you cry babies being happy. It's cause you are noobs and cant do poop to survive. If you cant survive in game, just delete the game. U cant survive real life.

Wow, you are hooked.

1 hour ago, Ktown said:

You mind as well get rid of transfering since you cant fix duping..STILL.

Devs are doing great, respect that.

• Like 3

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Like I suggested, the devs figured it’s easier to amend the tribe war mechanic instead of amending the alliance mechanic, so I’ll give myself a pat on the back (don’t bite).

Well, they are not "amending the tribe war mechanic" they are disabling it entirely on officials. This is easier because it only requires them to switch a variable to false and call it fixed without having to modify any code. This is basically the same concept as "disabling climbing picks to fix meshing" which they argued against because this would remove a feature that is used legitimately by some players. Yet now a feature is removed for everyone because it was being abused by a low minority. In my opinion, this is quite a disappointing "fix" and hopefully this gets revisited in the future.

7 hours ago, XanderClause said:

New season for classic the dead cluster that died out instantly but no new season of smalltribes which has been out like 4 times longer and people have been asking for wipes on?

Small tribes (run by WC) wasn't introduced as a seasonal server type. Conquest and Classic are run by Snail Games as seasonal servers.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Ktown said:

That is just nonsense getting rid of war in PVE. You are basically asking for the server to be capped. You mind as well put offline protection in PVP since players just raid offline players. Dont expect someone to have a forcefield in 1 day. We got life and bills to pay to play. Ark takes up so much of our time its part of our lifestyle now. What happened to the response you GM's give out to others saying "you should be more careful who you bring or alliance with"???? You guys got more issues in hand like people selling for real money you urgggg. Its the players ungrateful lifestyle that choose to be bad. We all know ark bring the real personality out of you. I in one hand is loyal and solo and never been wiped because i use my brain who i alliance with. Common sense. Player who just accept alliances from start are straight noobs and dont use their brain. DO WE AMERICA OT ANY OTHER COUNTRIES ALLIANCE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES RIGHT AWAY? NO. Either war happens or in time trust is gained. YOU MIND AS WELL GET RID OF ALLIANCES that will literally solve the issue or have the alliances not be part of the war. Done. Bring it back to the old days One on One..poop.."ohh violence is bad" pleaseee....other reasons why I say getting rid of the war is absurd it's because you are now going to have people use more profanity. Which will cause you WILDCARD to do more work on tickets with players abusing to be internet bullies with excessive profanity. Did you not think of those issues?

If you want to get rid of war. Then get rid of alliances being part of the war. Since that is the main cause of this sneaking around, insiding and pretending to be "friends" to wipe players who wont accept war but talk big. Or have an option for alliance to say yes or no to be part of the war since i understand not everyone is confident and just want to play ark. Whats the point of having OP dinos now? Only bosses? You asking for people to be hoarders Smh. Make an arena or area thats pvp zone like The division or your Mobile Ark having an area.

Future issues:

1. Excessive profanity

2. Server dino cap(its the players choice to cryopod them or not so you can abuse your power and make them)

3. More ticket more work for you Wildcard.

Us veterans since legacy WAS official went through the ups and downs. I am not just thinking of the players, i am also thinking for you WILDCARD. I promise you, you will have more issues and tickets. Honestly just say it. You guys don't want to see these complaints of these war issues. You mind as well get rid of transfering since you cant fix duping..STILL. whats next true official servers next?

DON'T FORGET WHAT YOU FIRST STARTED. THIS IS A SURVIVAL GAME...SURVIVAL.

For you cry babies being happy. It's cause you are noobs and cant do poop to survive. If you cant survive in game, just delete the game. U cant survive real life. I just want to curse and all...this is what i mean wildcard. You will have people like me and others being upset...not just for us but for you and for players like me and other protecting their friends and true alliances from players who talk to talk and cant walk to walk..think of the options i gave while you disable it. Seriously simple...poop...i gave more ideas and exploits to JAT and I dont even have a computer science degree or any of that poop. I may not be the reason but i for sure know I gave a great point from the recent issues of the longneck and rifle not to roll back PVE SINCE THE RATIO OF ANGRY PLAYERS IS HIGHER THAN PVP SINCE IT WAS A PVP ISSUE. Boom no rollback. Now go survive you noobs and go tame yourself a dodo. Smh use your brain.. for you young kids..u shouldnt be playing this..young kids too innocent and its real bad to learn to be toxic...in a few years they will be toxic in every game..

PvP servers are that way ->

Have fun.

• Like 2