What's with all the gigga pets?

Jemcrystal

Someone explain to me why the newb that was crying this game is to difficult that I was helping yesterday learn how to catch an anky now owns a gigga?  And so does every freaking newb on the beach in a grass hut?  On every server I join?  Is this a discord thing where everyone joins together and shares a game exploit?   There are more owned giggas now than I have ever seen.  And if that is not freaky enough no one cares about ANY other animal except the gigga.  

And what is with the copy and paste bright sky blue tek giggas.  In everyone's yard?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

Someone explain to me why the newb that was crying this game is to difficult that I was helping yesterday learn how to catch an anky now owns a gigga?  And so does every freaking newb on the beach in a grass hut?  On every server I join?  Is this a discord thing where everyone joins together and shares a game exploit?   There are more owned giggas now than I have ever seen.  And if that is not freaky enough no one cares about ANY other animal except the gigga.  

Why do you even care about what others are doing or taming?

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

And what is with the copy and paste bright sky blue tek giggas.  In everyone's yard?

That's a skin.

The game exploit is simple:

The blame lays at the hands of "Tribe of GurL" a tribe of professional female Ark assassins that are RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE'S EYES, but no one can see them.

It always begins the same way:

Usually a "Pro Flak Fred" takes a mommy giga and a daddy giga and sets their settings to "enable mating"(out in the open, cause he's a pro).  Then the mommy giga and the daddy giga do some grown up stuff(off screen).  While "Tribe of Bobbers" lurks in wait.  After a short time the stork brings the mommy giga a present,  a big fat egg.  "Egg Stealer Steve" then swoops in from the brush steals the egg and runs back down to the shore and him and "Beach Bob Billy" hatch and raise the precious stork gift .  Then he puts shiny new clothes on it that he found in the body of "Tek Suit Tom" who KNOWS to stop leaving his body laying around, but does it anyways.   Then "Pro Flak Fred" bitches and complains to "Tek Suit Tom" back and forth about the nEwBs in local chat and they decide it's time to pillar off the entire map to keep the "bobs" out.   Tom still can't figure out why he keeps losing his gear, Fred is too dumb to build a building to hatch eggs in, meanwhile Tribe of GurL(name unknown, we will call her "Jane") adds another color to her breeding line that she got from her ALT account Steve.  Jane then trades a similar version of the same egg back to "Pro Flak Fred" for 5k poly.  Fred and Tom both join an "alliance" with Tribe of GurL because she is such a "trusted trader".  Jane then does a few more "successful trades" with both tribes, earns their trust, and eventually joins the "Tribe of Fred".  Now that Jane has infiltrated the "Tribe of Fred" she then scatters some tames around in the water as she watches them sink to their untimely death.  Jane tells Fred she saw Tom "gasbagging" their dinos and tried to get Tom to stop. "He just wouldn't stop"  "Tom said this was his server Fred", she exclaimed.  Jane and Fred team up on Tom and declare war, Tom submits in defeat after losing all his stuff, "Fook Ark" he says to everyone in the Facebook trading pages "I'm going back to Call of Duty".  Then Jane insides Fred and then she completely owns the server.

and that is how you copy and paste gigas.*

*or they buy them with paypal

On almost every server u can get decent meele giga egg for free.

On ext where i play no one doing anything just breed gigas + cloning chambers running 24/7. Between feeding and imprints u got enough time to do a drop or vein.

I personaly know the guy from 211 ragna who got at any given time atleast 10-14 giga on trough

We went so far in dinos that  if  he isnt alpha stats boi he doesnt have value. 

obviously hasn't been on the servers I play, every noob doesn't have a giga on them, they are starting to get braver and tame rexs to breed though.  A few people have traded for gigas on one of my servers, but most of these people are well established players.

Why a giga? giga are one of the best dino's to use for meat hunting, that i can say.  We have 3 giga's, all male, and two baby gigas that will probably take us a year to grow to adult sense we rarely pull them out of cryofreeze lol.  the two eggs for the two babies came from two seprate players that we had helped out multiple times on the server.

mostly what i see are people breeding rex, theri, yuty, daedon, and rhino's for boss fights.

Don't have time to read all this yet but will quickly answer why I would care what others tame.  Might have more to add later.

1)  Progression.  People who do not have to work for what they have will have bad attitudes and just be overall arrogant and bully.  So I legit wanted to know if it was an exploit.  Or if they got out in the field and earned this giant.  I think the big guys should be hard to obtain not super easy.  I also think they should not be tradable so no one will breed super giggas and hand them off to others.

2)  People are parking them all over and on top of my pets.  I'm not calling this out because I choose to share my land with other players.  But it strikes me as strange that they feel the need to accumulate a bunch of giggas and park them on top of my pets.  It's just odd behavior.  Perhaps it is hard to store them?

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Why do you even care about what others are doing or taming?

Short answer is it kills the market.

No one will buy a giga if they can get it for free. It's much worse with rexes.

People raise them for boss fights and sometimes update their gene bank, buying higher stats. They try to mix it with what they got and have a lot of breeding rejects. Those are often given away for free. While such a rex is not what owner hoped for when they hatched an egg, it is still an overpowered beast that you can't tame or even breed in a reasonable amount of time on your own.

Also, it robs new players of early survival experience and teaches them to expect everything easy and effortless. After they reach chores level they realize there is only so much stuff you can get for free and that ark demands a lot of time and grind. They quit leaving their base and dinos to decay or pass it on  to random neighbor and prolong market recovery.

17 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Short answer is it kills the market.

No one will buy a giga if they can get it for free. It's much worse with rexes.

People raise them for boss fights and sometimes update their gene bank, buying higher stats. They try to mix it with what they got and have a lot of breeding rejects. Those are often given away for free. While such a rex is not what owner hoped for when they hatched an egg, it is still an overpowered beast that you can't tame or even breed in a reasonable amount of time on your own.

Also, it robs new players of early survival experience and teaches them to expect everything easy and effortless. After they reach chores level they realize there is only so much stuff you can get for free and that ark demands a lot of time and grind. They quit leaving their base and dinos to decay or pass it on  to random neighbor and prolong market recovery.

The game has been out of early access for over 2 years though.

New players are already late to the party so they cannot expect a day one experience in an online game.

1 minute ago, Demerus said:

The game has been out of early access for over 2 years though.

New players are already late to the party so they cannot expect a day one experience in an online game.

Do you still remember how you started playing? How Island was scary? Exploring, taming, crafting cloth armor etc. First flyers makes map a lot less frightening. Fastforward to end-game and now you take your time to answer friend in chat while wild rex is trying to eat you. You can't get back to those early days of surviving the ark. I mean your personal experience, not early_access/beta/day_1_after_release kind of novelty.

Normally, new player learns the game while leveling and dying(a lot), now if they create new character and hop a giga with 2 years of mutation stacking they skyrocket to high level just by munching stuff around. Click your way to level 90 in 30 minutes. They too can't get back to early survival days, but for a different reason - they had none. Their experience was instant gratification illustrated.

Yes, game is out for a long time, that doesn't mean it should be made worse.

3 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Yes, game is out for a long time, that doesn't mean it should be made worse

Worse to you and your play style.

It's a sandbox game. As long as conducted within the CoC there is no right or wrong way to play.

Are you fighting bosses with your own hunted, raised, and mutated dino's? Some people want to go that route. Some people want to work on just gathering bp's to trade for those dino's. Until they nerfed fishing, I knew a guy who would just spend his whole day fishing for bp's to trade.  

Some people just want to raise other dino's to trade for the boss dino's. Some just want to farm mats and some don't care about the bosses at all.

I knew a guy who just wanted to run a horse stable and a girl who just built a big farm and played farmer. Each got to do what they wanted to and felt happy about the $20 they spent to do it.

Best thing about Ark. Play how you want.

25 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Worse to you and your play style.

It's a sandbox game. As long as conducted within the CoC there is no right or wrong way to play.

Are you fighting bosses with your own hunted, raised, and mutated dino's? Some people want to go that route. Some people want to work on just gathering bp's to trade for those dino's. Until they nerfed fishing, I knew a guy who would just spend his whole day fishing for bp's to trade.  

Some people just want to raise other dino's to trade for the boss dino's. Some just want to farm mats and some don't care about the bosses at all.

I knew a guy who just wanted to run a horse stable and a girl who just built a big farm and played farmer. Each got to do what they wanted to and felt happy about the $20 they spent to do it.

Best thing about Ark. Play how you want.

Guy gives away more than 10 wyverns for free. Don't know why, maybe just wanted to get rid of his lowest ones or that's just his thing. Local traders tried to argue, but he just laughed at them and as you said - as long as it doesn't violate CoC there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Sure, everyone got a wyvern. I'm ashamed to admit temptation was too strong at that time and I got one too. But big traders left server in frustration and wyvern giver migrated or lost interest too. Now if new player would want to buy a wyvern they would have a hard time finding supply.

So in some cases playing as you want might have negative impact on other player's experience. Sure, it's not against the rules, though in bad taste imho(this specific case).

I am all for playing your way but OFFICIAL servers are restricted because there is a mutual agreement on the rules for a survival game.  If you want to "play your way" you can hop off to unofficial or sp. 

So it's not an exploit just more of a trading free pet problem.  Giggas either need to not be tradable on official servers or restricted to player level up.  Perhaps you cannot own a gigga until you reach level 100?  

And I should have mentioned I am on official pve.

26 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

But big traders left server in frustration and wyvern giver migrated or lost interest too. Now if new player would want to buy a wyvern they would have a hard time finding supply.

So now the cycle can come back to guy tames a ptera/griffin(that initial survival feel), gets a wyv egg, farms wyv eggs, trades eggs and grown. Market supplies itself. Always someone to step in.

One of the biggest Rex breeder on PS4 stopped for a bit. Rex mutes continued on. 

The people who started the Giga line aren't really playing but Giga mutes continue on.

Always someone to pick up where someone left off. All it takes is time. If you have patience and time anybody can do anything in this game.

If a server empties, it will fill back up (I was on a server like that. When new it was a 70 cap, when stuff evened out we averaged 40, when stuff got slow we had about 10 regulars, 15 to 20 max at any time, when I left official we were back up to average of 35)

People leaving is actually healthy for a server as it mostly opens up room for someone who wants to actually play, not refresh and reset.

So the giggas are a trend obsession.

I figured out in part why everyone suddenly is nuts chasing after giggas.  They work well in Extinction, I've been told.  Also, I think they are trending.  People seem to get a super focus on one pet to get and cross breed with other players.  Before giggas everyone wanted gachas.  Before that owls and pellets.  Before that they were all after rexes and oviraptors.  So giggas are the big demand atm.  Who knows what it will be next.  I do my own thing not following the crowd.  

The dude who parked his giggas on top my pets just seems to be bad at parking.  No hostility meant.  I moved my pets.  He did not follow me and do it again.  All is good.  

On 8/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, deedoubleu said:

Guy gives away more than 10 wyverns for free. Don't know why, maybe just wanted to get rid of his lowest ones or that's just his thing. Local traders tried to argue, but he just laughed at them and as you said - as long as it doesn't violate CoC there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Sure, everyone got a wyvern. I'm ashamed to admit temptation was too strong at that time and I got one too. But big traders left server in frustration and wyvern giver migrated or lost interest too. Now if new player would want to buy a wyvern they would have a hard time finding supply.

So in some cases playing as you want might have negative impact on other player's experience. Sure, it's not against the rules, though in bad taste imho(this specific case).

I'm that guy xD I have to admit I like chaos  ;) breeds to give away rofl I usually don't ask for anything  in return. seeing  how if I need anything I can farm more than the average  Bob with all the little tricks I've learned over the yrs ;).like ...20k weight only taking 2k weight on quetzal or moving 300 stacks of metal every 15min threw the cross ark but ye's to stay on topic most likely ppl trade or was given  all those new shiny  gigas

On 8/19/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jemcrystal said:

I am all for playing your way but OFFICIAL servers are restricted because there is a mutual agreement on the rules for a survival game.  If you want to "play your way" you can hop off to unofficial or sp.

O.o wierdest comment i've seen about Official servers yet.  Anyone can play anyway they want on Official servers as long as it doesn't voilate the CoC, and quite frankly, thats what most people do.

Archived