Ansebbian

Beginner Server Uploads not enabled?

Posted (edited)

Beginner Server Uploads not enabled?

As the title says, are the uploads for Beginner servers being worked on still?  There is no option to upload dinos or items.

My understanding is that transfers are now working for xbox servers, but they seemed to have forgotten the Beginner servers.  They worked until all transfers were disabled for xbox.  But now it's supposedly fixed, but there is no option for uploading at a supply drop or obelisk.  This is on official.

Edited by Ansebbian

I put in a support ticket for this, and I got this response:

I have let the development team know about this issue, and they are working diligently to hopefully resolve this issue for you. Unfortunately, since I am only customer service and not on the development team, I do not know when this could be possibly fixed. I would suggest that you keep your eyes on the upcoming patch notes and the forums to see when this may be fixed!

I don't get why it would be difficult or time consuming for them to re-enabled uploads. They just need to change a server setting, not roll out a patch or anything complicated. 🤷‍♂️

It's been well over a week for this post and a week since I turned in a ticket.  Still no resolution to this problem.  If an actual developer is even aware of this issue, there is no mention of it anywhere that I can see.  A little communication would be greatly appreciated.

I don't make support tickets anymore. Not even after they claim to be helping people with that newer section. 

In "early access" I submitted many tickets and only ever got 1 or 2 canned replies. 

Replying to the tickets are torture too. When I respond to their replies, it's always the same. "we haven't heard from you and we're Closing the ticket" 

If you, Wildcard, don't plan to address this issue, you will need to change the welcome message that pops up when logging in to any Beginner server,

"Welcome Survivors!  Beginner Officials are servers we recommend for new players.  They are download restricted which means that you cannot download your items, creatures, or characters onto this server but you can upload them from it."

Perhaps you can be forthcoming and let us know you're even aware of the problem and might actually be working to correct this.

And yes, Carlsjroo, I feel bad for all the players that have been hauling their dinos and items up to the obelisks only to find out they have been deceived and aren't able to take anything with them when they exit the server.

Fix Uploads on Beginner Servers

Uploads have been missing from Beginner servers since they were disabled on all Xbox servers months ago.  When they were re-enabled several weeks ago they seemingly forgot the Beginner servers and oblelisks are littered with dinos that couldn't find a way off.  I feel bad for all those deceived  players that were told by the welcome message they could transfer their dinos and items off the Beginner server to continue their adventure.

With the wipes coming to the servers starting Oct. 1, this needs to be a priority to fix.  Please, Wildcard, allow me to take my precious dodo to my new home!  (Okay, that was tongue in cheek, but you get the idea!)

Why is there never any official mention of this issue?   Two weeks is all we have to get someone's attention.  It's unconcionable that they will go through with the wipe without letting players take their items and dinos. 

Any way to get a refund on paying for the season pass for Genesis?  I don't think I wish to contribute to this company that refuses to listen to the players.

I suppose we have to be glad for what little was done and not mention how late it was.  They "forgot" one of the servers, at least on PVE.  936 and 937 had transfers open for a few days before the wipe, but 934 was ignored and those players were not able to take anything.  All I can do is shake my head and hope WC can get their act together.   Okay, even I can't say that with a serious face...

• Sad 1