Fulton

What to do if you have nothing to do  

18 members have voted

1. 1. what to do if you have nothing to do

• Breed a high level moschops and kill an alpha rex
    • Throw smoke bombs and shoot fireworks at people
    • Build a base in the forbidden zone
    • Distribute archeopteryx eggs to everyone on the server
    • Mindwipe for max melee and swordfight a basilisk (naked of course)

+1 to new-Alpha plan.  Mosas have been strutting around as arrogant as can be for far too long.  Its about time someone resolved to take 'em down a peg or two.

"I have all these teeth and a biiiiiig mouth."  OH YEAH?  WELL HOW ABOUT A VICIOUS PENGUIN BEAK?  OR A BEAVER-CHOMP?  OR A SQUEAKY OTTER BITE?

Freakin' Mosas, man.

4 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Did #2 on primitive official hardcore servers when they were still existing.... Imprinting every 4 hours for a week wasn't healthy, nor good for my day-job....

Thank you for reminding me why I will never go back to official.   Boosted maturation rates and a full night of sleep!  yippee!

8 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Thank you for reminding me why I will never go back to official.   Boosted maturation rates and a full night of sleep!  yippee!

cryopods & cryofridge, problem solved! ;)
pimitive+ would be a pain to raise things on, im happy about cryopods else i'd never raise any babies on official servers.

37 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

pimitive+ would be a pain to raise things on, im happy about cryopods else i'd never raise any babies on official servers.

My problem is that I put babies in the cryofridge, and then forget about them until some time when I need them, but not time to imprint them 100%.

So I just prefer being able to fully imprint a giga in just 1 day. 

9 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Did #2 on primitive official hardcore servers when they were still existing.... Imprinting every 4 hours for a week wasn't healthy, nor good for my day-job....

How about before imprint changes? Before they made it ezmode? If you lost an imprint you would reset imprint progress.. yuck! 

4 hours ago, caleb68 said:

What hes talking about it way before cryopods were even in wildcards' baby sack

I'll typically try to get a mated pair of every species on the map once I get bored....  which is often.    I can't stand official servers, so I rent a server for me and my pals.... sadly, nobody else ever joins.    Thousands of servers competing for the same players never turns out great.     We'll cycle through the different events to try and keep things fresh....  winter wonderland is entertaining... until you get sick of only seeing christmas colored dinos....   always looking for ideas of something to do.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, Thyme said:

Breed a high level moschops and kill an alpha rex

Throw smoke bombs and shoot fireworks at people

Build a base in the forbidden zone 

Distribute archeopteryx eggs to everyone on the server

Mindwipe for max melee and swordfight a basilisk (naked of course)

Just a couple things ive done when bored

Ive done #4 with kapros

also can i add these to the poll

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm a serial restarter. I used to do this with Pokemon games too...always looking for a different/"better" way to play. I've started fresh on The Island probably a hundred times by now, constantly changing up my spawn point, survival strategies, etc. There's something about the beginning, even as a long time player, that remains exciting no matter how many times I do it. I think it's simply because when you're just starting, no matter how experienced you are, there's always the unknown factor. Will you spawn in dead via raptor or sarco ambush? Will you spawn in the north and freeze to death before being eaten by wolves, or will an argent tear through your thatch hut and eat you while you're trying to survive the night? Will a roving alpha raptor force you to abandon your noob base, or a leed destroy your houseboat? There's just always something going on, and once you're set up and into the routine of midgame with fewer threats and a bird for mobility, you lose that x factor. And then you can move to a new map and it's all new threats and dangers and excitement.

Once I'm well established and actively progressing, I switch up my activities a lot so I don't get bored doing any single task. One thing I'm especially fond of is having a for fun breeding project alongside the usual drudgery of endless rex breeding. I especially like breeding for natural colors, so going out and finding animals with the colors I want, then breeding them together to make a "color morph" is honestly very exciting to me. I've done light grey "Indominous" allos, pure white argents, a red bronto, etc. Mutated colors are fun, but you don't really have control over them in the same way and some animals really do have impressive and interesting natural colors.

I'm also a builder, so I'm constantly renovating old bases, building new ones, or watching videos for inspiration and new techniques. Not to mention breeding utility dinos to make all of this easier. I really need to breed a good doed line...

And sometimes I do challenge runs too. Way back before the game was in the state it is now, I did an herbivore tame only run that was actually a lot of fun. I never ended up doing it, but I also thought about doing a no engram/level 1 run; obviously you wouldn't be able to do bosses because of the level requirements, so I thought of using crafting skill as the dump stat and only using blueprints would make for a very fun combination. Honestly I would really love to see Syntac or someone like him do a challenge like that; ultimate Ark is fun, but limiting your playstyle like this can really force some interesting new strategies and foster appreciation for items/tames you never thought about before. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, Fulton said:

what to do if you have nothing to do

Here are a few suggestions vote on which is your favorite feel free to post your own

Use your weapons on your enemies? I'm sure you have C4 sitting around in a vault somewhere, you might as well use it. Farming all day does get pretty boring so dust off your weapons and go wild.

Archived