MutationsGalore

Baby Dino Help

SO recently I started breeding Sabers and as soon as I got a breeding pair from the original Sabers (the babies weren't twins and they are both level 230) I started well....breeding them. For some reason, none of the babies are coming out as the same level. Which I thought was odd since I did the same thing with thylas and direwolves and the levels were the same besides the mutated ones. May somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

14 hours ago, Thyme said:

They have to have identical stats. Even if they are the same level they may have different stats which means the babies will vary in levels. Make sure they have the same speed stat as well even though you cant see it.

Ahh, thank you so much! I did notice their health was way different from each other. Once again, thank you.

It took a bit for me to figure this out as well, basically like you, wild and bred dinos have level ups to "spend" in stam, oxy, food, weight, melee, speed, and health. Only the points spent when born, or when tamed count.

Dino A (male) was born with: 113 points in stam, 92 in oxy, 119 in food, 101 in weight, 124 in melee, 107 in speed, and 104 in health. Dino A is born at level 761.

Dino B (female) was born with: 113 points in stam, 116 in oxy, 113 in food, 101 in weight, 124 in melee, 107 in speed, and 104 in health. Dino B is 779.

779-761=18:  Notice There is an 18 point difference between the 2.

Dino A has 6 more food, Dino B has 24 more points in Oxy, a difference of 18 points spent. 

When I breed these 2, I am hoping that Dino A gives the baby higher food, and Dino B gives the baby higher oxy. This will result in a "Best Case" baby with a max level of 785 (with no mutations), and a "Worst Case" baby (getting both the lower oxy and food passed on) of only level 755. 

Attached is my spreadsheet of my Theriz's I'm trying to breed. Right now I want to get a baby with both max Oxy and food, then I will find a Wild dino with high speed and health to try and add more levels to the next generation. The less differences in the stats, the better. I already have a male with high weight (707M), but I am waiting until I get another generation before trying to breed that in.

dinolevels.JPG

Archived