How to nerf bosses on Valguero

Papalbator

How to nerf bosses on Valguero

Hello all,

First, I'm sorry for my bad english, I don't really speak it very well.
I'm going to try to be understandable.

Well, I'm posting today cause I'm searching for informations about a way to nerf bosses.
On Valguero, it's really hard to defeat them. Manticore is always on fly, sometimes, the timer ends and the Manticore is still in the air.

I'm owning a private server with 15-20 active players. Rates are hugh, x15 except exp (x1).

The goal is to provide players with a server on which they can focus on exploring the map rather than spending hours harvesting resources to build their base.
But I would also like to allow them to access Tek construction much more easily than elsewhere. I tell myself that everyone has not yet had the opportunity to test, the difficulty of the game being still high for a standard player.

That's why I would drastically reduce the difficulty of Bosses so that it is much easier to unlock engrams and recover elements.

So I dug the subject.
But the information on this subject is very limited, both on the forums and on gamepedia.

Also, here is what I found and what I understood.

To nerve bumps, I have to act on several variables in the Game.ini file:

DinoClassDamageMultipliers = (ClassName = "Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C" Multiply = 0.2)

What I understand :
The damage of this class of dino (here the Dragon Gamma (wild) are at 20% of their usual efficiency.
It is supposed to do 5 times less damage.

DinoClassResistanceMultipliers = (ClassName = "Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C" Multiply = 0.2)

What I understand :
The damage resistance of this dino class (here the Dragon Gamma (wild)) is reduced to 20% of its usual value.
It is supposed to suffer 5 times more damage.

Yet, at stake, I do not see any real difference.

Other variables are mentioned in some forums, but to try to understand them, I think they have no real impact on the Boss:

TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers = (ClassName = "Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C" Multiply = 2.0)

What I understand :
The damage of this class of dino (here the Dragon Gamma (tame) are doubled compared to their usual efficiency.
A Tamed Gamma Dragon is supposed to do twice as much damage as usual.

Same for :

TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers = (ClassName = "Dragon_Character_BP_Boss_Easy_C" Multiply = 2.0)

So in my opinion, these last two variables (TamedDino) have no interest to act on the statistics of the Boss, since the Dragon is not tame.

I sincerely regret the lack of information and help offered by WildCard about how to act on Bosses.
I understand that in their minds, bosses are an end, a high level not accessible to ordinary mortals. However, Ark remains a game and everyone, even the ordinary mortal can buy it. So there should be a way for everyone to access the entire content, or at least to experience it serenely.
Otherwise, it's like selling a meal, and placing the dessert at the top of a cliff and telling the buyer to pick it up by climbing himself.

In short, we are not here to debate the official difficulty.

I am interested in any relevant information that could help me drastically reduce the difficulty of the Bosses on Valguero.
Three Bosses at once, whose Manticore is rather capricious in his AI to ask, it's really too difficult.
None of our players have been able to beat alpha, and most have not passed Beta.

Thank you for your help, thank you for your answers :)
And most importantly, Have Fun on Ark, the best immersion game I know!

Archived