Make fishing great again!

AndrewLB

Suggestion

Make fishing great again!

Just to make things clear, i'm not advocating for fishing to be returned to how it was during the first 24 hours after it was added to the game.... or even how it was in the months after that. The mechanic got nerfed so bad that even with a 477% effectiveness ascendant rod, you might be lucky enough to get a garbage mastercrafted blueprint using honey and catching a 2.0x+ sized fish. 99% of the time even with a fish that size, the loot is almost always ramshackle and apprentice quality. Using a rod with under 400% effectiveness will get you primitive and ramshackle stuff. And a rod thats 300% or lower, you can't even get a blueprint.

For me, it's not even really about the blueprints. I've already got an amazing collection. But back when people actually fished, it really brought people together on the PVE servers I was on. Tribes would all build fishing boats and everyone would hang out and actually be social with each other while fishing out on the central river. It was one of the only times since i started ark in 2015 that i really noticed a sense of community. During that time period I got to know a lot of people who later became tribemates when the game had its official release.  When the last nerf came to fishing, it all came to an end and tribes all went back to doing their own thing. And its really a shame that something that brought people together so effectively was absolutely ruined, thanks to an overzealous nerf.

1 reply to this server topic

Archived