raptors are op

cok

raptors are op

It sounds stupid but are raptors op now? I mean stat wise no, but it seem that they don't even have to pounce me to get me off my mount. and this happens every time I see one and i cant avoid it. Even though my thylacoleo is a high level the raptor can get like two hits on me and that adds up when you are around an area with a lot of raptors. is this a bug or am i going crazy? I mean surley some one else notices this, I'm on SP btw so maybe its just another singleplayer bug?

Try riding a megalosaurus around them, even though its weight class in game is the same as a rex, the raptors can somehow pounce on it and hold it onto the ground.  It is just a poorly implemented feature.  They really need to change it so raptors function like allosaurus and only the lead raptor can do the pounce attack, or at the very least make them like hyenadon where they wont attack larger creatures unless they are in a decent sized group.  its annoying when the stray raptor in a pile dismounts you while are fighting other larger creatures that cant instant kill you once you dismount.

As an adverse effect of the "ability to dodge" mechanic, Raptors now have an auto-dismount.  It is the worst.  So you get close with a flyer or a land-mount and they just instantly toss you off, and THEN you get the "chance" to dodge the pounce.  And then yeah...  They pin much larger dinos to the ground.  I haven't seen them attack the pinned dinos, but they will pin a Megalosaurus-sized dino.  It's ridiculous.

that pounce is somthn else but if you keep a lot of flyers on attack my target, follow high (so flyers don't circles) raptors squishy then raptor get the munch munched

minus flyers i try to survive the pounce until it's over and get back on my land mount asap and make a run for it (assume fast mount)

raptors are stupid when not focused and get stuck easy or lolly off a cliff - just trot a cliff edge staying far enough ahead of aggroed raptor it will fall

on foot never hurts to try a swerve, if you get a chance to run make a lot of left right left right

if you know you are done for run behind something mean like a Kentrosaurus so when raptor bites you it hits the big guy also; your death is vengeance - return no raptor camping your dead man's nappy sack

I play on official and even though i've been knocked off of horses, ptera, argy, raptors, doedic, and anky by raptors, even wearing leather armor and just using a pike i've taken out 150 raptors.  So the knock off really isn't a problem, its just annoying at times.  when farming with doedic & anky, i just set them to 'attack my target', if they pin me, they defend me, if they pen the animal, i defend them.

• 5 months later...

Something certainly seems to have changed with the Raptor mechanics.  Specifically, I've previously tamed a ton of Raptors, both single player and on an assortment of servers, by first picking them up with an Argie and then dropping them into some sort of taming pen.  Hadn't needed to do this for some months, but I've recently taken a hit on one of my main Raptor packs, so I've needed to 'replenish' the ranks'.  

Now every time I pick up a Raptor, regardless of level, every time I go to drop one over a taming pen the Raptor immediately appears in mid-air directly above myself and the bird.  It then falls slightly, dismounts me in mid-air and we all ultimately fall to the ground - frequently outside the intended taming pen.  This is totally different to how it used to be, where I could simply hover, or be moving at speed, and managed to quite consistently drop Raptors into a pen.  Every single Raptor I've tried to tame recently has caused this issue and 100% I've ended up having to fight for my life and kill them in the process.

Parasaurs and the like still to drop correctly, ie. from directly under myself and the bird, when released.  The new Raptor mechanic is just plain stupid and is now ruining that part of the game.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:19 AM, caleb68 said:

I play on official and even though i've been knocked off of horses, ptera, argy, raptors, doedic, and anky by raptors, even wearing leather armor and just using a pike i've taken out 150 raptors.  So the knock off really isn't a problem, its just annoying at times.  when farming with doedic & anky, i just set them to 'attack my target', if they pin me, they defend me, if they pen the animal, i defend them.

This

Theyre more of an annoyance than anything because theyre so squishy that even multiple high levels at once can be fairly easily cut down with a decent sword... and my character has zero points into melee.

Only time theyre really a danger is when I'm naked and trying to recover a death bag, then they're hell, but with a basic kit of a sword/pike and flak suit you can melt them pretty fast.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:40 PM, MayonnaisePlease said:

Nothing like unrealistically getting tossed off of my drake. Then causing everything in the vicinity to tear me to shreds before I can hop back on.

And lets not forget the baryonyx infinite stun.. Idk, a lot more needs to be changed.

In the last year, and after thousands of hours of game play I've died maybe four times. A couple of falls to my death from accidental dismount off a flier early on, and a couple of times toasted accidentally by a tribe mate. Taking precautions, wild dinos really represent a small threat overall. You're far more likely to be killed making a silly mistake. In that light, I don't think any dinos are actually OP. It's all a question of whether you've taken the proper precautions. 

Archived