How to become a Video Game Disigner?

Lorena2

If you can find a course to study go ahead. 

There is all kinds of approaches.  You can look for a university that pursues the electronic arts.  You can go to conventions with gurus.  You can hide at home and watch youtube vids that teach game design.  You can just jump in there and start making a small game - like Pong - with what little ya know and over time acquire more knowledge until your version of "Pong" gets insanely fancy.  

You can have talent and art skills and math skills or none of it and just be an organized person.  Being organized with files, folders, naming things, and leaving notations that others can recognize, is a very big plus.

Learning programming is an obvious route but you could just design and rig meshes and sell them.  If you like problem solving programming is great; start with some web research on what kind of program languages there are.  Maybe take a few minutes every day to learn one of them.  I personally favor Microsoft's babies the C languages with C# my most fav.  I have a tendency to push freeware to it's max so I am a big fan of the free Blender Art Program.  But I'm casual in and out not professional so I can be playful if I want.  Because I'm a cheap skate I also favor Unity over Unreal Engine (both can be used free but Unity has the better license deal). 

Ark was made in Unreal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Often a video game designer, begins his career as a level designer, who is in charge of the different game levels. The creator starts from a specification and recommendations, from the project manager, the marketing department or even artistic direction before embarking on the creation of the universe, game play and characters. He coordinates the various professionals who contribute to the creation of the customwritingcompany video game.

Archived