dedicated servers - can i host and play?

ok, so im new to dedicated servers. normally just go single or non-dedicated with my brother. but my friends want to know if I could set up a world for all of us and I was wondering if I could actually run and play on a dedicated server at the same time on a single xbox. if so, then how? it always comes up with a sort of server management screen and nothing else for me and I cant afford a second system. any advice at all would help.

1 hour ago, deadpoolLugia said:

ok, so im new to dedicated servers. normally just go single or non-dedicated with my brother. but my friends want to know if I could set up a world for all of us and I was wondering if I could actually run and play on a dedicated server at the same time on a single xbox. if so, then how? it always comes up with a sort of server management screen and nothing else for me and I cant afford a second system. any advice at all would help.

You can’t play on both the dedicated server and the session on the same Xbox, you would need another Xbox to play the server on so it’s better to host a dedicated server on a cheap secondhand Xbox, if you were to go down that route. Alternatively, you can host a dedicated server on a Windows 10 PC/Laptop through play anywhere (cross-play).

Don't play this game...........I had a dedicated server running on an xbox.....after the latest patch......all server data gone.....just gone.

How can WildCard not test stuff before it's released? I am so angry. Months of play time gone.....because they can't get their poop together.

WildCard.......just stop making games. You should just stop.

they are actually good with this stuff. glitches can be unexpected, but are fixable. as has this one been. I lost my data too on my single player worlds, but most was restored after a few updates. im on xbox and most has been great so far, except valgureo. good map, just don't ever let it crash if you want to save.

I don't defend them. but in my experience, glitches are just that. they get reported and the dev team tries to confirm it is a problem with the game not the system its played on. yeah, they could do better, but unless they find the issue in the game code, or by playing the game itself, they wont do anything. its how game development works. wildcard is no different. they are just slow, and often times, unable to fix the issue right away. (slowly is generally how fixes get made anyway.) I cant defend them cause they are yes, slow at doing their job, and unreliable in a lot of things. I can defend them (but don't) cause they will get around to it eventually. they have so far... doesn't mean they will continue I guess

Archived