golem vs equus and othre torpor dinoes?

deadpoolLugia

Elementals are different from regular knock down tames, the only way to knock out an elemental is to shoot it in the head with a cannon. You used to be able to use RPGs but I don't think you can anymore. I've never tamed one but I believe crabs are tamed in a similar fashion, if you ever feel like messing with them.

Any questions of "What's the best dino for X resource?" can best be answered by dododex in the the 'gathering efficiency' section. Choose the resource you're after and it will tell you the best gatherers for that category. In this case golems don't harvest metal, anky is still your best choice for that although killing wild golems can give you a nice chunk of metal and other resources if you feel like taking a stroll with a giga.

Only creatures I can think of that are capable of harvesting metal are;

-Ankylo (Best gathering rate and also reduces the weight of the metal in its inventory) 

-Mantis (equipped with a metal pick)

- Pheonix (also smelts the metal as you farm it)

-Dunkleo (being an aquatic creature is limited to underwater nodes only)

ok. thanks for the help. phoenixes can harvest metal? didn't know that. I knew they acted as a forge but I will have to try harvesting on scorched earth with my phoenixes seeing as I cant find ankys there for some reason. will also have to keep an eye out for dunkleos. underwater metal is a good thing to look for on my the island world.

thanks again for letting me know about the golem thing too. gonna need to invest some points in cannon, cannon balls and things too help keep it still with. good luck with anything you guys are doing currently!

pheonix can harvest trees, stone, metal etc using the 'C' key or if using an Xbox controller it will be the crouch button. I play official PVE and just mnanaged to trade for a decent lvl pheonix so I can try one out properly, being able to farm and smelt metal and cook meat and also gas (harvesting oil rocks & getting oil form killing extinction bots) all at the same time should be fun.

Archived