All I see are potatoes

Nightwoker

All I see are potatoes

I recently bought ark on my Mac, 

I9 processor

AMD Radeon Pro 560X

AND 32 GB RAM

However my game runs smooth fps but looks like poop, even at max settings.  

The ground does not have any green grass in highlands with ground clutter at full and the trees look really bad at epic view distance. Is there any setting that I am missing.

Welcome to ark my friend, You as a user of mac, and myself as a Linux gamer are considered second class gamers. They promised way better performance with a vulkan renderer back in 2017 but probably never going to happen. If you search the forum real quick you will notice that every time an update goes out both of us will have a broke game for weeks tell they remember our existence to roll an update out. Pretty much refund this game if you still can, Wild Card doesn't particularly care for mac and Linux gamers.

Welcome to most developers, Games are optimized for PC, especially with the changes made to Consoles that make transitioning of PC to Xbox and PlayStation smooth. When converting a game over for Mac, Linux etc compatibility, it's a huge rewrite for many parts of the software due to different infrastructure and languages. So for a developer, it's a huge headache. Side loading a Mac with a windows OS for dual boot, you will actually get better game performance and quality when running through the windows OS.

2 hours ago, Grimgaro said:

Welcome to most developers, Games are optimized for PC, especially with the changes made to Consoles that make transitioning of PC to Xbox and PlayStation smooth. When converting a game over for Mac, Linux etc compatibility, it's a huge rewrite for many parts of the software due to different infrastructure and languages. So for a developer, it's a huge headache. Side loading a Mac with a windows OS for dual boot, you will actually get better game performance and quality when running through the windows OS.

awkward christian bale GIF by Cheezburger

Archived