bronto base or big raft which is better

Fulton

23 members have voted

1. 1. bronto base or big raft which is better

• a bunch of brontos with platform saddles all with a different purpose
    • a giant raft with everything on it

it really depends on what you want it for. 

Bronto bases have their advantages and disadvantages, if you are going to do a bronto base make sure your bronto has high health and melee, if the bronto dies, the base dies, but the same goes for rafts, motorboats would most likely be the better choice then a raft if you want a portable base.   I have a nice motorboat that has a ind. forge, ind. cooker, chem station, multiple fridges, ac units, smithy's instead of storage boxes for storing items and crafting, plant species X for protection along with some turrets.   I built it on the island base and use it to go around the entire map to have a nice close by base to transport metal, crystal and obsidian to while i mine it (solo player).

while bronto bases allow you to move across the entire map, they are slow, and will take time to get from one side to the other of the map. however just like the motorboat, if you build properly you can have a nice little portable base.

The downsides of a bronto base - your limited by the amount of weight that the bronto can carry, this is not true with the motor boat or raft.

I'm more for the raft base if playing on ragnarok, SE or Valguero,  Bronto base if your playing on Scorched Earth, Extinction, or Abberation, if those two bases are the only choices.

Brontos are much more fun because you can take them around the map as a nomad. With rafts you're limited to the sea, not much to visit other than the cost and will likely get eaten by leeds. Rag is pretty hard to maneuver brontos around the terrain, and also has no leeds, so thats the one one map I'd reccomend rafts.

With your brontos you could also bring other platform saddle dinos like quetzals to go to areas inaccessable by your brontos. You can also have a speed pumped paracer to scout an area, or haul spare items/dinos. Build a main base on a brono and use other brontos to carry your tames and any other misc. buildings.

If you're on a server with raid dino feeding enabled, get a titanosaur. Rush straight to it, make a mek and some canon shells and tame the king of platform saddles. Just remember NEVER to visit areas with giga spawns.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:58 PM, Fulton said:

a bunch of brontos with platform saddles all with a different purpose or a giant raft with everything on it i can do either i have a feamle 150 a male 145 and a feamle 145 i also have a decent sized raft with basic stuff on it 

depends are you on pve (with no declared wars) or pvp? If the latter, go raft can't put turrets on a bronto. you can to a raft.

? omg double check you went on the right server, i've accidentally jumped onto the wrong one and thought i'd lost everything, likewise with your favorites list if you click join before it finishes, the server you thought you were joining may not of been the one you actually joined, it likes to switch as it loads your servers to your favorites list.

sorry if everything gone, one reason i don't play on PvP servers, can leave for 1 hour only to come back and find you've been wiped from the server.  happened more then once to be before i quit playing on the official PvP servers.

I prefer Rafts, especially on Rag or the island due to the full map access by water.

Thing with a raft is it is more easily hidden which is one of the main reasons to opting for raft over a fixed base location, Also A raft has the potential to be more durable to damage and other shinanigans. A bronto base will be tied to the bronto you attach it to, so if anything ever happens to it... thats it base gone, reason I say this is an important factor is that sure a Bronto has more hp that a raft or even the structures on a raft, but remember depending on if you make the raft base out of metal or stone etc, only certain things will be able to damage it, where as a bronto can be damaged by literally anything, a dilo could get aggrod on your passive bronto when you log off and sit there attacking it for a full day, next thing bam no more bronto or base. I mean picture a pack of allos or something aggro'd onto your bronto which is not able to out run them. That is an anxiety nightmare knowing that if the bronto dies there goes your base too. Meanwhile with a raft, you get aggrod by some nasty dino's heck use the raft for saftey and to get away. With sunk metal foundations not even a leedsy is gonna touch your raft hp.... Meanwhile leave your bronto on passive and a roaming pack of compys could essentially demo your entire base.

16 hours ago, caleb68 said:

? omg double check you went on the right server, i've accidentally jumped onto the wrong one and thought i'd lost everything, likewise with your favorites list if you click join before it finishes, the server you thought you were joining may not of been the one you actually joined, it likes to switch as it loads your servers to your favorites list.

sorry if everything gone, one reason i don't play on PvP servers, can leave for 1 hour only to come back and find you've been wiped from the server.  happened more then once to be before i quit playing on the official PvP servers.

it was on single player

Archived