Mutation Selection for Breeding Super Dinos Question

suprc4

When breeding super dinos through the mutation stacking method, could you keep mutations that don’t have a preferred stat/are wasted on movement speed or should you only keep mutations that affect preferred stats? I’m asking this because I’m not sure if there’s a limit to how many mutations you can get through this method, even though people claim that you can get infinite mutations. I also want to be safe and don’t want to make the mistake of keeping all mutations throughout the process if there’s an actual limit

9 minutes ago, suprc4 said:

When breeding super dinos through the mutation stacking method, could you keep mutations that don’t have a preferred stat/are wasted on movement speed or should you only keep mutations that affect preferred stats? I’m asking this because I’m not sure if there’s a limit to how many mutations you can get through this method, even though people claim that you can get infinite mutations. I also want to be safe and don’t want to make the mistake of keeping all mutations throughout the process if there’s an actual limit

I'm not sure on limits though I am sure there must be some. However, I'd toss any unrelevant mutes especially within the first 20 since once a side is locked, mutation chances are halved. 

It’s tedious and time consuming either way.  It’s simpler to just keep stacking whatever you get,  but if you have 400 females to work with the doing each stat separately might save time,  it might not though.  If you have 1 melee mut you will toss everything that doesn’t have a second melee mut.  That’s wasted time.  The reason to go the other route could save time also. if it only halves your chances ,  then Doubling the # of females you work with would cancel it out.

several times i had a double mut in melee or hp + another stat like food or oxygen, these you also have to kill in the first 20 muts.
and you need to keep hp and md line separate so that you get 20 hp muts and 20 md muts.

for the first 20 mutations you only need 35-50 females but when you are mutcapped and you still want to mutate then you need to go above 100 females or way more. (not nice for server performance and your fellow arkers and i hope wildcard will make a stop this nonsense some day)
normally i get a mut every 200-500 babies in a mutcapped line. if you are unlucky it can take 2000 to 3000 babies to get a mut in the desired stats once you are mutcapped, even with 1000 females. but once that mut comes it can be in a whole bunch of babies at once, ark rng is really weird.

So far, what I’m getting is that I should keep mutations, whether they’re good or not because they’re a lot harder to get after 20 mutations. I’m also getting that I should only keep mutations with preferred stats because I can no longer get mutations after lvl 450 is reached from mutation levels. I’m not really seeing a definitive answer so far because I’m still not sure on what I should do

In an ideal situation ,  450being the max on official means -71 points to points the rider can spend and so if you have 150pts in melee and 150pts in hp,  you only have 79 points to spread between stam,oxy,food,weight,run speed. That puts the max level on official reachable with a lvl 379 Dino.  But honestly how many Dino’s have you spent more than 64 points on?  If you go over a few,  it won’t really matter too much.

you could also look at the rate of return on points spent.  For example, spend 1 point on stamina will pay off better after raise than if that point was already in the stat.  The main good point of mutating hp / melee is the added bonus from imprinting then has a larger effect whereas a stamina mutation won’t derive any extra Benifit other than the #.  So spending a point on stamina might be better than diverting precious available breeding points to it.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

In an ideal situation ,  450being the max on official means -71 points to points the rider can spend and so if you have 150pts in melee and 150pts in hp,  you only have 79 points to spread between stam,oxy,food,weight,run speed. That puts the max level on official reachable with a lvl 379 Dino.  But honestly how many Dino’s have you spent more than 64 points on?  If you go over a few,  it won’t really matter too much.

you could also look at the rate of return on points spent.  For example, spend 1 point on stamina will pay off better after raise than if that point was already in the stat.  The main good point of mutating hp / melee is the added bonus from imprinting then has a larger effect whereas a stamina mutation won’t derive any extra Benifit other than the #.  So spending a point on stamina might be better than diverting precious available breeding points to it.

Just for information, the max domesticated levels added are when the dino hits 3,550,000 XP, or 73 additional levels.  Source is ARK wiki for Levels, and my many level-capped Gigas from Red and Purple OSDs on Extinction!

29 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Just for information, the max domesticated levels added are when the dino hits 3,550,000 XP, or 73 additional levels.  Source is ARK wiki for Levels, and my many level-capped Gigas from Red and Purple OSDs on Extinction!

I've never gotten any above 65 levels so far myself.  I'm going by arksmartbreeding says 71 and a moderator here on survive the ark said that sometime back in 2018 when I was searching for it.   I've not heard of 73 from anyone before now.

basically you need a clean line that you only keep if you get mutation in 1 stat, and continue to hatch n raise this line until u get 20 muts in that 1 stat.
and in parallel a separate line with another stat that u want, and only keep babies that get a mut in that 1 specific stat.
and when you hit mutcaps on those lines, then u can fuse them both in one :)

3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I've never gotten any above 65 levels so far myself.  I'm going by arksmartbreeding says 71 and a moderator here on survive the ark said that sometime back in 2018 when I was searching for it.   I've not heard of 73 from anyone before now.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Leveling

this will answer your question..

Archived