Baby food consumption bugged atm?

Jabby

Baby food consumption bugged atm?

Hi, 

Have 5 argy babies and 6 rex babies on a server maturing, all are juvenile. I was away 3 hours (offline), during these 3 hours they ate 3 full troughs and all food in full inventory. Only the argies had eaten all food, rexes still hat a lot in inventory.

Same with Owl babies on another server during the same time. Eaten all food in inventory and troughs were empty.

Then when we were online, 4 baby gigas died with food in inventory, no deathmessage and no red text in Tribe Log. Just "starved to death" in grey.

Anyone else have similar issues atm?

Have not had similar issues on pc/official. 
Raised some otters and thyla's over the weekend - no problem transitioning from inventory to trough, along with some baby basilos that just turned juvi yesterday.
All are eating food at a normal rate, both in and out of render, and with all offline tribe members. 

3 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Are you using the S+ Nanny? A few weeks back there was an issue with that, where if you added food to the S+ Nanny (to feed the babies) it caused a horrific change to the food consumption rate of those babies. The work around was simply to not let the nanny feed the babies, but just let her imprint them. 

It's on Official servers. Rex's seems to eat normal, birds seem to eat way too much

I know there is a bug where animals will stop eating for some random period.  Also, leaving render or logging off and nobody on the server is nearby can also cause them to stop eating even w/ food in their inventories.  The eating too much thing though would be a new thing, an old thing for snow owls, but a new thing for argentivaris who are usually light eaters.

I recently started hatching deinonychus on Valguero and also thought they were eating way more than any other species I've raised... I thought maybe it was just their species, but maybe not? I guess I just assumed they were twitchy little things, so it would make sense they would have a higher metabolism and food consumption rate than my bigger dinos.

15 minutes ago, JNoble said:

I recently started hatching deinonychus on Valguero and also thought they were eating way more than any other species I've raised... I thought maybe it was just their species, but maybe not? I guess I just assumed they were twitchy little things, so it would make sense they would have a higher metabolism and food consumption rate than my bigger dinos.

I noticed the deino food levels drop faster, made me think of when i was raising Velonasaurs, its not too high though, least for me, just a little faster then most animals.  I do plan on pulling out the baby argy tomorrow, guess it will be worth watching to see how fast it does eat compared to normal, as I've raised many argy.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Juvy's don't eat from their inventory, they will only eat from troughs.

They do! They will prioritize troughs but they will eat from their inventory if there is no food available elsewhere. Useful if you don't have access to Tek Troughs since you can put food + salt in their inventory and double the spoil timers for 1h20m.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:14 PM, caleb68 said:

I noticed the deino food levels drop faster, made me think of when i was raising Velonasaurs, its not too high though, least for me, just a little faster then most animals.  I do plan on pulling out the baby argy tomorrow, guess it will be worth watching to see how fast it does eat compared to normal, as I've raised many argy.

They're supposed to. Read the dossier :P

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

They do! They will prioritize troughs but they will eat from their inventory if there is no food available elsewhere. Useful if you don't have access to Tek Troughs since you can put food + salt in their inventory and double the spoil timers for 1h20m.

Interesting, because mine never eat from their inventory with empty troughs, once they are Juvy.

Now

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Drakes and Wyverns I don't have an issue with, but others, will die if I am not around.

Now that I have some experience with.  The dying while not around part.  People on low pop. Servers are especially susceptible to this.  The server will put the area on stasis if you are not around and all consumption from inventories stops.  It shouldn’t on troughs ,  but inventory fed will stop eating even if they are at some percent that you know they have enough food on them to cover to juvi, and you were assuming they can hit juvi on their own with no more interference.  I can imagine this would continue to happen if you rely on inventories to raise through juvi.

34 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Now

Now that I have some experience with.  The dying while not around part.  People on low pop. Servers are especially susceptible to this.  The server will put the area on stasis if you are not around and all consumption from inventories stops.  It shouldn’t on troughs ,  but inventory fed will stop eating even if they are at some percent that you know they have enough food on them to cover to juvi, and you were assuming they can hit juvi on their own with no more interference.  I can imagine this would continue to happen if you rely on inventories to raise through juvi.

Yep, but the issue I have seen a lot. Is that even when you are back at base, they remain in stasis, at least mine have and why I won't do this method once they have reached Juvy. It is just not wise to temp fate on this.

Archived