Cnidaria need a change

Ryoden

Suggestion

Cnidaria need a change

Something needs to change about the absolute dominance of the ocean that these silly jellyfish currently hold.  Yes, I know that basilosaurous are immune to them, but having only a single option to manage the stun locking effect of the cnidaria is boring.  I like plesiosaur and mosasaur and tusotuethis, but the way things currently are, they are only window dressing. 

I am sure there can be many ways of making the ocean more interesting, and I suspect that a good bit of effort is going to be put towards that with Genesis.  I just want to try and have this concern with the cnidaria being the alpha predator of the deeps be considered as well.

So I guess if this has to be boiled down to a yes/no,

Should cnidaria be changed to hold less dominance of the ocean?

5 replies to this server topic

They really do. The number of times I or fellow tribemates spend literal hours taming, breeding and raising plesis, mosas, dunkys only to have them obliterated by those spiteful, murderous jellyfish is just ridiculous. Watching 8 hours (or more) of imprinting work die and having literally no way of stopping it is just soul crushing. 

There has to be a way to make it so that more sea tames are actually usable; perhaps a resistance to the stun, give the stun a cooldown, lessen the aggro range...SOMETHING. Because yeah, it's boring just having a sea full of basilosaurs.

#PlesiLivesMatter #CnidariaOPPlzNerf

Yes, I agree with you Ryoden that they should be changed. I have several suggestions on how. Give large creatures such as plesiosaur, mosasaur and tusotuethis 10s immunity to the stun lock after they have been stunned the first time, reduce the damage of the Cnidaria making them more like micro raptors or prolovia for the oceans, finally the attack speed for Cnidaria could be increase so that the by the time your tame becomes unstunned they aren’t restuning it. 

Dosen't need to be a complicated fix. I'd change the effects of its attacks to be the following :

- Keep the stun/dmg component.
- Prevent timer reset when already under the effects of the attack. => To avoid stun lock.

- 10-15 secs cooldown once the effect fades out.

Fyi, tamed mosas don't aggro cnidria no matter how close you swim to them. They'll only aggro if you touch/dmg them with your mosa.

Definitely, I think even a 5 second cooldown between each stun would fix the problem. There is no fun in watching your tame get slowly zapped to death because it is unable to follow you away. I have also seen people saying that they should not aggro towards anything and instead drift around and just zap what makes its way into their tentacles much like real jellies who have no brains. They can still be a challenge but they need to be counterable and escapable. Having 2 immune dinos does not counter them, it simply forces you into one playstyle.

Archived