Onimusha759

Game Tweaks

Suggestion

Im back on aberration and im kinda lost to who thought it was a good idea to make the only exceptional egg on aberration a basilisk egg.  Who thought it was smart to make spino eggs only superior grade?  So let me get this right, karks are a level 65 tame, but to get either extraordinary or exceptional kibble ill have to get myself up to 68 for the gear to explore the red zone to get drake eggs, either to make extraordinary kibble or tame a basilisk to get exceptional kibble just to tame a kark?  To properly tame a kark, a lvl 65ish tame that cant even breed, ima be dealing with lvl 75 and 85 tames?  Is this creature really even worth exceptional kibble?  So it can carry things, heck the best fliers are only superior level and they grab too plus they fly.  I also need this kibble to tame spinos.  So i need to tame a basilisk before i can tame a spino?...Really?

The rest is just kinda on the side but still something for us to think about.  Basilisks...Nowhere near a reapers hp, cant be bred...Why does its hp get halved on tame?  Its certainly not op, especially when it cant even be bred.  Every special tame in this game becomes lack luster do to harsh limitations.  Creatures that are SPECIAL or staple tames(For a map) always become not so special though often times we have to work even harder to get them.  Before anyone says op, ima stop you right there and say, TITAN.  Absolutely NOTHING can be called op compared to that.  The only op that can be applied and have any legitimacy is the tier of the tame.  Basilisks are above rexes by the devs listing for their saddle, its hp IS NOT OP, especially considering the reapers hp.

Not overly important but giga...Does it really need its hp nerfed now that theres titans with quarter to half million hp roaming around?  Is 80k really op anymore?  Heck if your a solo player then the giga is your only chance against king titan.  I know the giga was designed as a mini boss and nerfed on tame, but that seems stupid because we have tamed actual bosses now.  We could use that extra 63k, not like 250k ice titan cares or 400k forest titan.

With the deinony being valguero's egg steal tame and with it being breedable, along with the mana, doesn't it seem a lil off we cant breed our drakes which are all but the same thing as this?  If we're gonna give the drakes the ability then wed have to give it to the wyverns too to be fair(Maybe nerf wild level max down to 150).  After all if 1 can breed and become a super dino and the others cant then that would be UNBALANCED.

So let me get this right the dumbed down, weaker, free, FREE! mobile version of the game has griffin breeding, but the actual main game that people paid for doesnt?...Really?

Basilisk again, dumb things live in the red zone, but they arnt radiation immune...Really?

Rock Drakes...Why do their AI change on tame?  1 thing i started doing on aberration is start exploring in a pack.  How disappointing is it that we can steal 1 egg on the side of a cliff and 20 frigging drakes come gliding and wall climbing and just flat out gang bang you BUT your drakes set to follow cant climb or glide?  I dont wanna hear follow issue bs either.  Between the wall climb and dive that they use in the wild theyd never get stuck while following you.

Breeding needs to be opened to basically everything, especially weaker unimportant creatures.  Insects and the bat for starters.  I know a lot of people would disagree with the golem but think about it.  A single bred rex killing a golem is ok but for the golem to always be doomed to being outclassed isnt right.  Allow the golem to breed, its not getting op, its just maintaining its same power gap with everything else, keeping its spot.  If the golems op then its original power needs nerfed because the difference between a rex and a golem and the difference between a bred rex and a bred golem is the same.  Its how it should be.  Before anyone says it cant breed, its a rock.  Ima say its an organic rock, just as the tek dinos are organic metal capable of breeding and creating organic metal eggs.  Plus the golem would take more time to breed and raise then most things.  Not op compared to gigas, not op compared to what its position was supposed to be compared to everything else, and not op compared to titans.  And for the rest of the SPECIAL tames, theres now 2 that can breed...Just open it up wc, let the stars actually shine.  Its not like it wont take months to breed em.

Aberration needs an aberrant oviraptor.  Ya

Anyone who wants to dig into the whole golem thing should go further down the page.  I explained better in 2 replies to thedonn.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Like 2

38 replies to this server topic

11 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ya and because of this we got legendary uber pikachu(Being rexes) and mewtwo(Every star/staple) as a UU.  @TheDonnyes i know i didnt quote you XD, if something/things has to be the best or a lil more op/viable then everything else then shouldnt it be the beasts of legend, supposed apex, harder to tame, staple, special tames?  If something has to burn a lil brighter then the others shouldnt it be the stars?

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal, etc)  PU =  Everything else.

Wyverns are the Garchomp of the ARK world.

Edited by RipRavage

9 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal)  PU =  Everything else

I thought tier was based on ability and not actual usage.  Powerwise articuno is still viable for uu-ou.  Heck Sp Atk pkmn are all shafted buff wise.

Titans would be AG lol.  Spino, though actually under used is deserving of OU because it beats a rex in a straight up fight, moves faster, can swim, heals and moves faster when exposed to water.  Theres no situation id prefer a rex over a spino.  Unless of course you bit it over the side into a lava pit XD.

Edited by Onimusha759

3 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I thought tier was based on ability and not actual usage.  Powerwise articuno is still viable for uu-ou.  Heck Sp Atk pkmn are all shafted buff wise.

The 4x weakness to rock type moves, relatively weak coverage and painful speed of 85 keep it out of higher tiers, charizard would be in the same boat if he didn't have two mega evolutions with amazing abilities.  Articuno having base stat points wasted on high Special defense and semi decent defense is a sick joke.

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

The 4x weakness to rock type moves, relatively weak coverage and painful speed of 85 keep it out of higher tiers, charizard would be in the same boat if he didn't have two mega evolutions with amazing abilities.  Articuno having base stat points wasted on high Special defense and semi decent defense is a sick joke.

I see, i edited it btw.

10 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Titans would be AG lol.  Spino, though actually under used is deserving of OU because it beats a rex in a straight up fight, moves faster, can swim, heals and moves faster when exposed to water.  Theres no situation id prefer a rex over a spino.  Unless of course you bit it over the side into a lava pit XD.

The only reason i put the spino in UU under the rex is because the AI controls are broken where you cant command them to stay in bipedal mode.  If they would just add that damn setting in it would make them boss fight viable, but they havent yet.  You can lead a troop of AI rexes to good results, Spinos are a leaders mount only unfortunately, and that doesn't mix well when you have to ride a Yutyrannus into battle too.

7 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The only reason i put the spino in UU under the rex is because the AI controls are broken where you cant command them to stay in bipedal mode.  If they would just add that damn setting in it would make them boss fight viable, but they havent yet.  You can lead a troop of AI rexes to good results, Spinos are a leaders mount only unfortunately, and that doesn't mix well when you have to ride a Yutyrannus into battle too.

They drop out of bi pedal usually when they have to chase a small distance.  Bosses dont move from getting hit.  You know its been forever since i made that topic saying we needed that option.  I hate how no one ever listenss to me...My ideas are pretty good usually.

@RipRavage you need to tag some people like ii did you so this gets some momentum.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

They drop out of bi pedal usually when they have to chase a small distance.  Bosses dont move from getting hit.  You know its been forever since i made that topic saying we needed that option.  I hate how no one ever listenss to me...My ideas are pretty good usually.

That made me so angry when i found out they didn't stay in bipedal mode, I was really looking forward to doing a mixed Rex and Spino boss army, just to add a little visual variance.  Oh boy, now I can have rexes and Tek rexes fight the bosses, what variety.  They need to fix that on spinos and we need more rex and spino sized carnivores with slight variations like a carcharodontosaurus or acrocanthasaurus that does less damage than a rex but has higher health.   Hell, give us a skin for the rex or spino just to change it up a bit.  Everytime they add something big in they either make it unbreedable( Reapers) or just block them from boss arenas in general (Rock Golems, basilisk).

10 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

That made me so angry when i found out they didn't stay in bipedal mode, I was really looking forward to doing a mixed Rex and Spino boss army, just to add a little visual variance.  Oh boy, now I can have rexes and Tek rexes fight the bosses, what variety.  They need to fix that on spinos and we need more rex and spino sized carnivores with slight variations like a carcharodontosaurus or acrocanthasaurus that does less damage than a rex but has higher health.   Hell, give us a skin for the rex or spino just to change it up a bit.  Everytime they add something big in they either make it unbreedable( Reapers) or just block them from boss arenas in general (Rock Golems, basilisk).

I know exactly what you mean man, its infuriating.  I you dont mind tag some people in this to get some momentum.

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

I know exactly what you mean man, its infuriating.  I you dont mind tag some people in this to get some momentum.

I don't really know too many people on here, its usually just me starting one sided rants on the general discussion about how bad the devs are and all the defenders of wild card rushing to tell me I'm stupid.

2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I don't really know too many people on here, its usually just me starting one sided rants on the general discussion about how bad the devs are and all the defenders of wild card rushing to tell me I'm stupid.

Yet again, i know exactly what you mean lol.  Dont these people realize how much more awesome this game would be with our ideas XD  maybe we need to start our own lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal, etc)  PU =  Everything else.

Wyverns are the Garchomp of the ARK world.

Ah.  Garchomp.  In every story-game I can have one I do.  Sand Veil Garchomp all freaking day.

EDIT:  Inspiration has struck.

Edited by TheDonn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Ah.  Garchomp.  In every story-game I can have one I do.  Sand Veil Garchomp all freaking day.

EDIT:  Inspiration has struck.

Woohoo, garchomp...Charizard still better though XD, man i wish my ps4 could upload pics lol.

Imagine my idea, you could breed a purple orange wyvern named garchomp lol.

Btw sorry for how heated things got before in the mana topic.  Truth is i like you pretty well, not in a weird way XD, and enjoy talking to you and rip.  I miss your thorny dragon pic.  Thorny dragon with a look of amazement.  Thorny dragon: Waaaaa? XD

On 8/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, TheDonn said:

4:  I agree and disagree at the same time.  At some point it has to end, because power-creep from breeding gets out of hand.  But specifically about the Managarmr...  On PvP they have pretty much destroyed the META, and for most purposes ARE the only META.  On PvE, they are so nerfed that they are decent for quick transport, but nearly every other role it is outclassed by a different available dino or creature.  So...  screw the Mana.  It is a shadow of itself on PvE, and on PvP has caused an upset in the META that hasn't ended.  It's a bad creature.

It's nice to see someone else recognizes that the Mana has its limitations. Personally, I'll take a wyvern any day of the week in PVE. Not that I don't think it has its place, but some people seem to think its all you need.