Game Tweaks

Onimusha759

Suggestion

Im back on aberration and im kinda lost to who thought it was a good idea to make the only exceptional egg on aberration a basilisk egg.  Who thought it was smart to make spino eggs only superior grade?  So let me get this right, karks are a level 65 tame, but to get either extraordinary or exceptional kibble ill have to get myself up to 68 for the gear to explore the red zone to get drake eggs, either to make extraordinary kibble or tame a basilisk to get exceptional kibble just to tame a kark?  To properly tame a kark, a lvl 65ish tame that cant even breed, ima be dealing with lvl 75 and 85 tames?  Is this creature really even worth exceptional kibble?  So it can carry things, heck the best fliers are only superior level and they grab too plus they fly.  I also need this kibble to tame spinos.  So i need to tame a basilisk before i can tame a spino?...Really?

The rest is just kinda on the side but still something for us to think about.  Basilisks...Nowhere near a reapers hp, cant be bred...Why does its hp get halved on tame?  Its certainly not op, especially when it cant even be bred.  Every special tame in this game becomes lack luster do to harsh limitations.  Creatures that are SPECIAL or staple tames(For a map) always become not so special though often times we have to work even harder to get them.  Before anyone says op, ima stop you right there and say, TITAN.  Absolutely NOTHING can be called op compared to that.  The only op that can be applied and have any legitimacy is the tier of the tame.  Basilisks are above rexes by the devs listing for their saddle, its hp IS NOT OP, especially considering the reapers hp.

Not overly important but giga...Does it really need its hp nerfed now that theres titans with quarter to half million hp roaming around?  Is 80k really op anymore?  Heck if your a solo player then the giga is your only chance against king titan.  I know the giga was designed as a mini boss and nerfed on tame, but that seems stupid because we have tamed actual bosses now.  We could use that extra 63k, not like 250k ice titan cares or 400k forest titan.

With the deinony being valguero's egg steal tame and with it being breedable, along with the mana, doesn't it seem a lil off we cant breed our drakes which are all but the same thing as this?  If we're gonna give the drakes the ability then wed have to give it to the wyverns too to be fair(Maybe nerf wild level max down to 150).  After all if 1 can breed and become a super dino and the others cant then that would be UNBALANCED.

So let me get this right the dumbed down, weaker, free, FREE! mobile version of the game has griffin breeding, but the actual main game that people paid for doesnt?...Really?

Basilisk again, dumb things live in the red zone, but they arnt radiation immune...Really?

Rock Drakes...Why do their AI change on tame?  1 thing i started doing on aberration is start exploring in a pack.  How disappointing is it that we can steal 1 egg on the side of a cliff and 20 frigging drakes come gliding and wall climbing and just flat out gang bang you BUT your drakes set to follow cant climb or glide?  I dont wanna hear follow issue bs either.  Between the wall climb and dive that they use in the wild theyd never get stuck while following you.

Breeding needs to be opened to basically everything, especially weaker unimportant creatures.  Insects and the bat for starters.  I know a lot of people would disagree with the golem but think about it.  A single bred rex killing a golem is ok but for the golem to always be doomed to being outclassed isnt right.  Allow the golem to breed, its not getting op, its just maintaining its same power gap with everything else, keeping its spot.  If the golems op then its original power needs nerfed because the difference between a rex and a golem and the difference between a bred rex and a bred golem is the same.  Its how it should be.  Before anyone says it cant breed, its a rock.  Ima say its an organic rock, just as the tek dinos are organic metal capable of breeding and creating organic metal eggs.  Plus the golem would take more time to breed and raise then most things.  Not op compared to gigas, not op compared to what its position was supposed to be compared to everything else, and not op compared to titans.  And for the rest of the SPECIAL tames, theres now 2 that can breed...Just open it up wc, let the stars actually shine.  Its not like it wont take months to breed em.

Aberration needs an aberrant oviraptor.  Ya

Anyone who wants to dig into the whole golem thing should go further down the page.  I explained better in 2 replies to thedonn.

46 replies to this server topic

On 8/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Im back on aberration and im kinda lost to who thought it was a good idea to make the only exceptional egg on aberration a basilisk egg.  Who thought it was smart to make spino eggs only superior grade?  So let me get this right, karks are a level 65 tame, but to get either extraordinary or exceptional kibble ill have to get myself up to 68 for the gear to explore the red zone to get drake eggs, either to make extraordinary kibble or tame a basilisk to get exceptional kibble just to tame a kark?  To properly tame a kark, a lvl 65ish tame that cant even breed, ima be dealing with lvl 75 and 85 tames?  Is this creature really even worth exceptional kibble?  So it can carry things, heck the best fliers are only superior level and they grab too plus they fly.  I also need this kibble to tame spinos.  So i need to tame a basilisk before i can tame a spino?...Really?

The rest is just kinda on the side but still something for us to think about.  Basilisks...Nowhere near a reapers hp, cant be bred...Why does its hp get halved on tame?  Its certainly not op, especially when it cant even be bred.  Every special tame in this game becomes lack luster do to harsh limitations.  Creatures that are SPECIAL or staple tames(For a map) always become not so special though often times we have to work even harder to get them.  Before anyone says op, ima stop you right there and say, TITAN.  Absolutely NOTHING can be called op compared to that.  The only op that can be applied and have any legitimacy is the tier of the tame.  Basilisks are above rexes by the devs listing for their saddle, its hp IS NOT OP, especially considering the reapers hp.

Not overly important but giga...Does it really need its hp nerfed now that theres titans with quarter to half million hp roaming around?  Is 80k really op anymore?  Heck if your a solo player then the giga is your only chance against king titan.  I know the giga was designed as a mini boss and nerfed on tame, but that seems stupid because we have tamed actual bosses now.  We could use that extra 63k, not like 250k ice titan cares or 400k forest titan.

With the deinony being valguero's egg steal tame and with it being breedable, along with the mana, doesn't it seem a lil off we cant breed our drakes which are all but the same thing as this?  If we're gonna give the drakes the ability then wed have to give it to the wyverns too to be fair(Maybe nerf wild level max down to 150).  After all if 1 can breed and become a super dino and the others cant then that would be UNBALANCED.

So let me get this right the dumbed down, weaker, free, FREE! mobile version of the game has griffin breeding, but the actual main game that people paid for doesnt?...Really?

Basilisk again, dumb things live in the red zone, but they arnt radiation immune...Really?

Rock Drakes...Why do their AI change on tame?  1 thing i started doing on aberration is start exploring in a pack.  How disappointing is it that we can steal 1 egg on the side of a cliff and 20 frigging drakes come gliding and wall climbing and just flat out gang bang you BUT your drakes set to follow cant climb or glide?  I dont wanna hear follow issue bs either.  Between the wall climb and dive that they use in the wild theyd never get stuck while following you.

Breeding needs to be opened to basically everything, especially weaker unimportant creatures.  Insects and the bat for starters.  I know a lot of people would disagree with the golem but think about it.  A single bred rex killing a golem is ok but for the golem to always be doomed to being outclassed isnt right.  Allow the golem to breed, its not getting op, its just maintaining its same power gap with everything else, keeping its spot.  If the golems op then its original power needs nerfed because the difference between a rex and a golem and the difference between a bred rex and a bred golem is the same.  Its how it should be.  Before anyone says it cant breed, its a rock.  Ima say its an organic rock, just as the tek dinos are organic metal capable of breeding and creating organic metal eggs.  Plus the golem would take more time to breed and raise then most things.  Not op compared to gigas, not op compared to what its position was supposed to be compared to everything else, and not op compared to titans.  And for the rest of the SPECIAL tames, theres now 2 that can breed...Just open it up wc, let the stars actually shine.  Its not like it wont take months to breed em.

Aberration needs an aberrant oviraptor.  Ya

Anyone who wants to dig into the whole golem thing should go further down the page.  I explained better in 2 replies to thedonn.

Haven't been on this site in ages. Why'd you mention me specifically?

To answer your post, I really want insect/crab breeding in this game. The meta is constantly changing, and whatever was op before may not be now, and the game should be tweaked as such.

I think the combat system needs a rework as well but that may be too much to ask for

50 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

A random-stat Mewtwo VS a 6IV Light Ball Pika is not necessarily a wash for the Pikachu, especially considering that a Timid 252 speed-EV Pika is faster than a 31IV non-speed Nature Mewtwo (let's say wild because it is a better comparison of Solo VS King Titan).  It could win, even with Mewtwo's higher base speed stat.  If 6IV VS 6IV, yeah, its a total wash!  But even if they are trained/caught, how many non-hacked Mewtwos are 6IV?  I'd say very very few!  Especially if Light Ball with a crit Thunder, it would onetap a wild Mewtwo pretty comfortably.

But I get the point, you guys...  It wasn't a great comparison, I was just trying to stand up for Pikachu...  So many things (dinos, and in this case, Pokemon) get lost in the weeds for every game because people get in the internet and look up the current META, and just use that, and call the rest crap.  Mewtwo Mega Y or even X would crush a poor Pikachu, I know that.  :) Mega-evolution tips the scales outrageously toward the Mewtwo, and Pikachu couldn't catch up even with Endeavor/FB.  The ARK example is having a button you can press that makes 15,000 rockets fall on the enemy base in the distance...  Yes, if you add something that makes it crazily out-of-balance (like a Mega-evolution), it is obvious how the tide of battle will turn.

I will say that applying your playstyle to all (or even most) tribes is not advisable.  Some people won't tame Gigas until they are very high level or have played for a good long time.  Some people just don't.  They don't play like you, or me, or anyone else who is comfortable at the time they learn Metal Dino Gateframe with going out and trapping, KO'ing, and taming the ARKs most dangerous and naturally wild carnivore.  Those players, the newer players, and/or the more skittish players won't be rocking around on a Giga at level 52.  Many players will not sit and grind XP to level up as fast as possible either, so it will take them a while to get to max level, not that being max level does anything at all to make you a "better" ARK player...  You simply have more options on which to spend your engram points!

+1.  Pretty dumb that Ab Oviraptors aren't down there.  I didn't respond because it's one of those things that was obviously an oversight but we should just accept that we don't have them/it won't change.  For that matter, I personally expect none of this to be fixed.  Scorched Earth kibble had issues and was only fixed as a secondary effect of the rollout of the entirely new kibble-creation system.  It took almost 3 years, and was never addressed directly.  It isn't a great addition to the conversation to say this, I am aware, but Ab is old content.  It would be friggin' lovely if SE got an Ascension, and we got Tek Wyvern and Drake saddles, and Extinction gave you Ascension levels, but it's all old content to WildCard now.  They will do what they need to in order to keep it playable, which mostly will consist of putting out fires (dealing with huge exploits and their ilk) when they pop up, but other than that I feel the Dev-team considers it "finished" content and has moved on.

Hyper training is a thing and if we are talking about earlier generations any competitive trainer worth their salt knows to reset for max speed IVs on legendaries.  Trust me, I’ve had my ass whooped enough times on the battle spot to know that almost every Mewtwo you run into is going to have perfect IVs in speed and special attack at the very least.  That actually leads to a good point for any meta of any game, always expect the worst from your opponent and be prepared.  You cant just expect your opponent to be under prepared and win on their ineptitude, this is why half the tames in ARK are useless, they cant compete against the Meta dinos like the Rex or Wyverns.

3 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Hyper training is a thing and if we are talking about earlier generations any competitive trainer worth their salt knows to reset for max speed IVs on legendaries.  Trust me, I’ve had my ass whooped enough times on the battle spot to know that almost every Mewtwo you run into is going to have perfect IVs in speed and special attack at the very least.  That actually leads to a good point for any meta of any game, always expect the worst from your opponent and be prepared.

Haha, agreed.  I was just making a dumb point about PvE-played Pokemon, I don't do many trainer battles anymore.  Just like I don't do much ARK PvP.  Since the conversation is mostly about PvE ARK, I figured my comparison was safe and also...  It was just a cheeky joke.  But I do stand by it, a trained Pika VS a wild Mewtwo will likely show the Pikachu winning due to advantages of training and such.  But the same can't be said about a Giga army and the King Titan.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

A random-stat Mewtwo VS a 6IV Light Ball Pika is not necessarily a wash for the Pikachu, especially considering that a Timid 252 speed-EV Pika is faster than a 31IV non-speed Nature Mewtwo (let's say wild because it is a better comparison of Solo VS King Titan).  It could win, even with Mewtwo's higher base speed stat.  If 6IV VS 6IV, yeah, its a total wash!  But even if they are trained/caught, how many non-hacked Mewtwos are 6IV?  I'd say very very few!  Especially if Light Ball with a crit Thunder, it would onetap a wild Mewtwo pretty comfortably.

But I get the point, you guys...  It wasn't a great comparison, I was just trying to stand up for Pikachu...  So many things (dinos, and in this case, Pokemon) get lost in the weeds for every game because people get in the internet and look up the current META, and just use that, and call the rest crap.  Mewtwo Mega Y or even X would crush a poor Pikachu, I know that.  :) Mega-evolution tips the scales outrageously toward the Mewtwo, and Pikachu couldn't catch up even with Endeavor/FB.  The ARK example is having a button you can press that makes 15,000 rockets fall on the enemy base in the distance...  Yes, if you add something that makes it crazily out-of-balance (like a Mega-evolution), it is obvious how the tide of battle will turn.

I will say that applying your playstyle to all (or even most) tribes is not advisable.  Some people won't tame Gigas until they are very high level or have played for a good long time.  Some people just don't.  They don't play like you, or me, or anyone else who is comfortable at the time they learn Metal Dino Gateframe with going out and trapping, KO'ing, and taming the ARKs most dangerous and naturally wild carnivore.  Those players, the newer players, and/or the more skittish players won't be rocking around on a Giga at level 52.  Many players will not sit and grind XP to level up as fast as possible either, so it will take them a while to get to max level, not that being max level does anything at all to make you a "better" ARK player...  You simply have more options on which to spend your engram points!

+1.  Pretty dumb that Ab Oviraptors aren't down there.  I didn't respond because it's one of those things that was obviously an oversight but we should just accept that we don't have them/it won't change.  For that matter, I personally expect none of this to be fixed.  Scorched Earth kibble had issues and was only fixed as a secondary effect of the rollout of the entirely new kibble-creation system.  It took almost 3 years, and was never addressed directly.  It isn't a great addition to the conversation to say this, I am aware, but Ab is old content.  It would be friggin' lovely if SE got an Ascension, and we got Tek Wyvern and Drake saddles, and Extinction gave you Ascension levels, but it's all old content to WildCard now.  They will do what they need to in order to keep it playable, which mostly will consist of putting out fires (dealing with huge exploits and their ilk) when they pop up, but other than that I feel the Dev-team considers it "finished" content and has moved on.

Well ya wild mewtwo is gonna be a lvl70 with 0 EVs, of course hes at a disadvantage.  Praying for a miracle crit and low accuracy thunder to hit is a bad strategy XD, id go with volt tackle, mewtwos sp def is higher so physical better option.  Id say theres very few 'legit' 6iv anything though, using destiny knots and 2 5iv parents takes over 200 eggs to get that perfect number 6.  Then the best starting is usually 2 max ivs, thats a lot of breeding.  I doubt the majority of people who have 6iv anything, including pikachu, did that grind lol.

Your being unfair here.  If people look up the meta and go hardcore into pvp then this is what they do.  You push it as early as possible and grind for that edge.  If you arnt then you arnt in the meta and if your skittish then toxic pvp isnt for you.  Theres no forgiveness here in pvp, your either like me or your dead/loot garbage for the alpha.  You cant play 'stupid'(I for 1 would enjoy pvp being a lil nicer, but as is being nice is being stupid) and then say its unfair/op/unbalanced because they play better then you.  Your either in the competition or your not.  This topic in its pvp parts is for legit pvpers.  This sadly is the state of ark pvp.  Just being real, i actually feel for the lil tribes.

Well if you agree with any of this topic then upvote it so it has at least a lil chance to be seen by the devs plz.  If we get enough following then the devs have to work with it some.  Btw i totally agree SE should have ascension and tek wyvern saddles be awesome.  Hope they release the last 3 tek dinos too.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I would just be happy with them letting Giganotosaurus enter boss arenas, valguero gave me a nice taste of it by letting me kill a weaker broodmother with a Giga.  I’ve soloed the King Titan too, and using Giganotosaurus or any amount of them is just an absolute waste, even if they didn’t have the nerf to health and attack the king would absolutely destroy them since it hits so hard.  I had to use all three titans to beat the Gamma king Titan, and the ice Titan was the only one to survive.  The scale of damage in extinction is just ridiculous and you can’t use regular tames unless you actively avoid getting hit by the bosses, no tanking hits.

Were these bred and imprinted gigas?  By my math, and not counting the kings high defense state, the alpha king should die within 2mins of 20 gigas with high dmg.  90(wild points)x5(5% per point)+20(100%Base minus the 80 debuff from tame)=470(%).  4.7x400(Base dmg)=1880(Dmg).  1880x1.33333(Mate boost)=2500ish.  2500x4(Bonus dmg to boss)=10000.  10000x20(Number of gigas)=200000.  200000 dmg per group bite or 200000 dmg per second.  15 seconds would result in 2.5mil, the alphas full hp.  Assuming your giga has 38k hp and you got a high 80% or more dmg reducing saddle plus the mate boost reduction id think youd be able to last 15secs, ill have to check the actual offense of the king though.

Dont forget to upvote.  And thanks for the warning, good to see you Rip.

Ok after researching it says the gamma can inflict 12000dmg to max armor mate boosted tames.  So tripple it to 60 gigas? XD  5 second final boss

1 hour ago, rororoxor said:

Haven't been on this site in ages. Why'd you mention me specifically?

To answer your post, I really want insect/crab breeding in this game. The meta is constantly changing, and whatever was op before may not be now, and the game should be tweaked as such.

I think the combat system needs a rework as well but that may be too much to ask for

I remembered you were pretty cool and i was just looking to get more people in the topic.  So natural i invited you to the party XD

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Haha, agreed.  I was just making a dumb point about PvE-played Pokemon, I don't do many trainer battles anymore.  Just like I don't do much ARK PvP.  Since the conversation is mostly about PvE ARK, I figured my comparison was safe and also...  It was just a cheeky joke.  But I do stand by it, a trained Pika VS a wild Mewtwo will likely show the Pikachu winning due to advantages of training and such.  But the same can't be said about a Giga army and the King Titan.

I just enjoy the pokemon chatter, I feel like Ark and Pokemon are very similar and Ark does a lot to appeal to that pokemon fan-base with the stats breeding and everything else (literal pokeballs are in the game).  Nobody is going to convince me that color mutations were not inspired by shiny pokemon.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:25 AM, TheDonn said:

Ah.  Garchomp.  In every story-game I can have one I do.  Sand Veil Garchomp all freaking day.

EDIT:  Inspiration has struck.

Woohoo, garchomp...Charizard still better though XD, man i wish my ps4 could upload pics lol.

Imagine my idea, you could breed a purple orange wyvern named garchomp lol.

Btw sorry for how heated things got before in the mana topic.  Truth is i like you pretty well, not in a weird way XD, and enjoy talking to you and rip.  I miss your thorny dragon pic.  Thorny dragon with a look of amazement.  Thorny dragon: Waaaaa? XD

It seems we agree some, will you plz upvote this so at least the ideas as well as what youve said can maybe get some recognition @TheDonn

2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I don't really know too many people on here, its usually just me starting one sided rants on the general discussion about how bad the devs are and all the defenders of wild card rushing to tell me I'm stupid.

Yet again, i know exactly what you mean lol.  Dont these people realize how much more awesome this game would be with our ideas XD  maybe we need to start our own lol

On 8/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Onimusha759 said:

To determine whether a bred golem is op you 1st must compare it to similar creatures, must compare it to other equally as bred creatures.  Other bred creatures have 30k hp, other bred creatures can do 1000+dmg per strike.  Lets not forget the golems heavy hitter is a slow move so its dps isnt the best.  Even if the golem boulder does 3000, rex can do 1000+ and hit 2x to the golems 1 at least, id bet 3x.  Also we're dealing with bigger numbers so we have to look at everything by a percentage viewpoint.  Spino beats rex with 70 hp left out of 700, later spino beats rex with 700 hp left out of 7000.  Its still 10%, still the same equivalent outcome.  So if the golems facing creatures with these stats i dont see it as op, its actually a closer fight then a rex killing a carno, and considering a golem is a SPECIAL tame, thats harder to tame, and a beast of legend, it seems rather giving to the rex.  Lets consider what the golem is.  Its a decent hitting armored tank that sacrifices mobility for decent firepower and armor.  This is a standard concept in many games and is usually a lil op compared to other enemies because we try to treat them as normal enemies.  Same mistake is being made with the mana(More detail later).  Golems strengths are power and defense.  Its its gimmick.  Even as such it can still lose in a 1v1 power to power fight, example giga.  Note im referring to bred creatures all the way around here.  Now the only thing that truly sets the golem apart is its natural armor, otherwise it wouldnt really be different then the majority of bred creatures.  Even with it though its not colossally better then other bred creatures.  The fact against non titan creatures it still isnt the king of slugging it out should say volumes, but just in case...I want to remind you what im suggesting here.  Im not just suggesting the golem breeds, im saying basically all special tames.  Do you know basilisk's poison spittle ignores armor?  Just like a tank the golem cant move fast enough to avoid it.  Then the poison cloud it takes forever to escape continuously dmgs it.  Lets not forget these hit harder because of bred basilisk.  Did you know that the frost wyvern's ice breath is the only wyvern breath that dmgs golems?  Imagine frosting a golem and reducing its mobility further as you circle and continue frosting it as it never lays a finger on you.  Ive done this on ragnarok.  

If the Golem was pumping out 30% more damage and taking 30% reduced on top of its already very-high innate damage resistance, there wouldn't be a Rex that could equal it.  It would take an army of Rexes for one Golem once the going breed was very highly mutated.  But it is irrelevant.  We can try and guess what it would be like, but Golems aren't breedable so I think it is irresponsible of us to totally speak as if they are.

For two, it seems you are shooting directly at moving-target territory, Oni.  Unbred Golems themselves can easily hit for 1000 damage.  Nothing except the Giga, Rhino, full-dive Griffin, or a well-aimed Lightning Wyvern (ridden unimprinted) is hitting anywhere near 1000 damage if not bred.  That's out of the many creatures in ARK, and I might've forgot one or two out of the literally hundreds of available tames, but regular imprinted creatures (not bred creatures with 15000/20 mutations) that regularly hit for 1000+ damage are not common.  The point of balance is around -UNBRED- dinos.  I don't feel that Golems "need to be breedable" for the reason that "other dinos are breedable and therefore very strong."  I understand that the META is the META, and I also understand that Golems even have their place in the current one.  They can still siege stone bases, and are great at turret-soaking.  But they aren't a gimmick.  They are still commonly used, far less on PvE than PvP, but in both they have jobs and do them well.

Discussing only a 40-45 point bred Rex VS a wild-tamed Golem, the Rex wouldn't have much luck unless it had a massively armored saddle and an enormous HP investment.  That is closer to being balanced, but again this is wild-tame VS normal-bred, not wild VS boss-Rex.  With Golems VS 80-90 point (in HP and melee) Rexes, there is no balance that can be achieved.  I guess it could possibly give the Golem an improvement within its current role in the PvP META?  But as I said, it is a fool's errand to try and balance creatures around the current top-end bred dinos to shake up the META.

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.  Breedable Golems would be neat in my opinion for sure, but not for the same reason you do.

You know, I always hear arguments like that in defense of the poor balancing in ARK too though.  People will talk about how a creature has a major blaring weakness that makes them unusable, but then they will list off a very very specific random situation in which said creature could beat a rex in a fight, which they assume justifies the creatures poor balance. it usually goes like this.

"AWE MAN THE TRIKE IS AMAZING, even though it's speed, health, and stamina are horredous, you know that they can actually kill a rex if they perfectly aim a charge and hit the rex and it some how bounces off a cliff into a pool of lave while the stupid rider eats a rare flower aggroing a nearby giga to attack it.  A trike could totally destroy some noob rex rider."

I also hate hearing the early game argument, there should still be a degree of flexibility with low quality kibble tames that at the very least make it so they can escape from a bad confrontation.

19 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I just enjoy the pokemon chatter, I feel like Ark and Pokemon are very similar and Ark does a lot to appeal to that pokemon fan-base with the stats breeding and everything else (literal pokeballs are in the game).  Nobody is going to convince me that color mutations were not inspired by shiny pokemon.

Agreed dude.

2 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

You know, I always hear arguments like that in defense of the poor balancing in ARK too though.  People will talk about how a creature has a major blaring weakness that makes them unusable, but then they will list off a very very specific random situation in which said creature could beat a rex in a fight, which they assume justifies the creatures poor balance. it usually goes like this.

"AWE MAN THE TRIKE IS AMAZING, even though it's speed, health, and stamina are horredous, you know that they can actually kill a rex if they perfectly aim a charge and hit the rex and it some how bounces off a cliff into a pool of lave while the stupid rider eats a rare flower aggroing a nearby giga to attack it.  A trike could totally destroy some noob rex rider."

I also hate hearing the early game argument, there should still be a degree of flexibility with low quality kibble tames that at the very least make it so they can escape from a bad confrontation.

Ya and because of this we got legendary uber pikachu(Being rexes) and mewtwo(Every star/staple) as a UU.  @TheDonnyes i know i didnt quote you XD, if something/things has to be the best or a lil more op/viable then everything else then shouldnt it be the beasts of legend, supposed apex, harder to tame, staple, special tames?  If something has to burn a lil brighter then the others shouldnt it be the stars?

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

I agree so much.  I dont even see how basilisks hp is op either, its ranked higher then a mosa(i think) on the list.  So its starting hp of 2000 isnt crazy out of the way.  My lvl 200some drake that does 400dmg and has 10k hp getting half killed by a lvl 20 reaper queen is op hp.  I bit that thing at least 50 times.  And really all SPECIAL tames, even wyverns, lose their power in the long run because of the lack of breeding.  People say golems natural resistance would be to op with mate boost and saddle.  I dont see anyone crying over dunkles which have all 3.  So a golem can kill a rex.  You breed your rexes til you get a super rex and it then thrashes that golem.  The SPECIAL tame is now obsolete in its own strong points by something its suppose to be able to kill.  This should never happen.  Yes i believe hard work should be rewarded and super rex should be able to whoop normal golem, but this should not be the fate of the golem or any SPECIAL tame.  To always be shafted and screwed over by things your supposed to be better than.  I think if the kings getting whooped by a single peasant something isnt balanced here.  Also the lack of insect/bat breeding has always erked me.  Heck some of them have eggs in the coding already.  Imagine a rainbowish arthro egg.  ima add more things to my original post.

The other big thing about basilisks I forgot to mention is that they are a freaking passive tame that loses taming efficiency anytime they burrow, it is damn near impossible to perfect tame one without glitching them out on a platform, and god forbid they Aggro on a wall or sturcuture you own, if they do you might as well just give up trying to tame them.  Pretty much all passive tames are bugged where they will permanently aggro on any structures you use to trap them and won’t stop until either the structure is destroyed or the server resets.  Now let’s combine that with the fact that the basilisk will attack tons of things that can kill it in seconds like ravagers, this makes them literally one of the hardest tames in the game to tame without using exploits like the corpse in foundation method. I’ve tamed several basilisk and the highest percentage I could get was 60ish taming efficiency due to the stupid burrowing.

11 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ya and because of this we got legendary uber pikachu(Being rexes) and mewtwo(Every star/staple) as a UU.  @TheDonnyes i know i didnt quote you XD, if something/things has to be the best or a lil more op/viable then everything else then shouldnt it be the beasts of legend, supposed apex, harder to tame, staple, special tames?  If something has to burn a lil brighter then the others shouldnt it be the stars?

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal, etc)  PU =  Everything else.

Wyverns are the Garchomp of the ARK world.

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal, etc)  PU =  Everything else.

Wyverns are the Garchomp of the ARK world.

Ah.  Garchomp.  In every story-game I can have one I do.  Sand Veil Garchomp all freaking day.

EDIT:  Inspiration has struck.

I think spino should be bumped up to producing exceptional kibble, it's basically the rex of abberation. For sure there's no reason for karkinos need basilisk/drakes until it can be kibble tamed.

Both basilisks and karkinos would benefit greatly from being breedable. Basilisks aren't amazing combat mount, more of a pack mule. They'd be much better with bred stats.

I don't agree with the giga though. They're already extremely strong, their strength is fair compared to their tame/breed times. Its more that titans are blatantly overpowered. Having an army of gigas with that kind of stats would be boring and make using other dinos almost worthless.

9 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

To be fair, there are quite a few legendaries in PU like articuno, I just feel like almost all of the ARK Dinos are there.  Uber = Wyverns, Titans  OU = Rexes, imprinted Gigas, Therizinosaurs  UU = Spino, Allosaurus, Megatherium  RU = Utility Dinos (Bronto, Doedic, Anky, quetzal)  PU =  Everything else

I thought tier was based on ability and not actual usage.  Powerwise articuno is still viable for uu-ou.  Heck Sp Atk pkmn are all shafted buff wise.

Titans would be AG lol.  Spino, though actually under used is deserving of OU because it beats a rex in a straight up fight, moves faster, can swim, heals and moves faster when exposed to water.  Theres no situation id prefer a rex over a spino.  Unless of course you bit it over the side into a lava pit XD.

12 hours ago, TheDonn said:

But a Timid Lightball Pikachu (talking 6IV and maxed EV for Spd and SpAtk) could potentially outspeed and nuke a Mewtwo...  :)

Ok, bad example, and a 6IV(Notice the ability to get bred stats equivalent to what everything else can do, same +31) modest megaY with psystrike would likely withstand and 1 shot it.  Charizardx D Danced and with his 30% bonus usually cant nuke mewtwo either.  But for better reference, a non breeding tribe vs a big tribe with bred dinos is magikarp vs mewtwo.  U know its true.  Even with pikachu example, id consider the ball a strategy.  Like a Lv 100 player getting jumped by a 40 and his arthro.   Strategy can turn any situation, even against a bred golem.  Ill go into more detail.  Also where do you get tribe cant get a giga?  Id wager i could tame and start breeding gigas before a golem.  Iv tamed a giga at Lv40, everything you need is available to you to tranq ko any creature safely by then.

To determine whether a bred golem is op you 1st must compare it to similar creatures, must compare it to other equally as bred creatures.  Other bred creatures have 30k hp, other bred creatures can do 1000+dmg per strike.  Lets not forget the golems heavy hitter is a slow move so its dps isnt the best.  Even if the golem boulder does 3000, rex can do 1000+ and hit 2x to the golems 1 at least, id bet 3x.  Also we're dealing with bigger numbers so we have to look at everything by a percentage viewpoint.  Spino beats rex with 70 hp left out of 700, later spino beats rex with 700 hp left out of 7000.  Its still 10%, still the same equivalent outcome.  So if the golems facing creatures with these stats i dont see it as op, its actually a closer fight then a rex killing a carno, and considering a golem is a SPECIAL tame, thats harder to tame, and a beast of legend, it seems rather giving to the rex.  Lets consider what the golem is.  Its a decent hitting armored tank that sacrifices mobility for decent firepower and armor.  This is a standard concept in many games and is usually a lil op compared to other enemies because we try to treat them as normal enemies.  Same mistake is being made with the mana(More detail later).  Golems strengths are power and defense.  Its its gimmick.  Even as such it can still lose in a 1v1 power to power fight, example giga.  Note im referring to bred creatures all the way around here.  Now the only thing that truly sets the golem apart is its natural armor, otherwise it wouldnt really be different then the majority of bred creatures.  Even with it though its not colossally better then other bred creatures.  The fact against non titan creatures it still isnt the king of slugging it out should say volumes, but just in case...I want to remind you what im suggesting here.  Im not just suggesting the golem breeds, im saying basically all special tames.  Do you know basilisk's poison spittle ignores armor?  Just like a tank the golem cant move fast enough to avoid it.  Then the poison cloud it takes forever to escape continuously dmgs it.  Lets not forget these hit harder because of bred basilisk.  Did you know that the frost wyvern's ice breath is the only wyvern breath that dmgs golems?  Imagine frosting a golem and reducing its mobility further as you circle and continue frosting it as it never lays a finger on you.  Ive done this on ragnarok.  See what im suggesting brings balance within itself while bringing our hard earned tricky to tame end game stars out of the back line and shining, but not to bright.  You see the golems might is also its weakness, and exploiting that weakness and the fact it exists to be exploited by those who can think is the definition of balance.  What im suggesting is that.

Mana, dude i have no idea why anyone finds this thing dangerous.  I am so underwhelmed by the 1 i was messing with.  How long did you say it freezes things?  Because it literally froze a spino and kark for 3 secs.  If it scales with size then its probably worse with gigas and rexes.  Its power tappers off with range, at a safe distance it literally does 0 dmg, this is wyvern range im talking about.  You have to be at point blank to do ok dmg.  Lightning wyverns do more dmg and full amount at the farther end for way less stamina.  MY mana had 200% dmg and 1000+ stam.  200% dmg is 1 point off from a wild 150s average.  On a Lv 80 kark it took my whole stamina at point blank to kill that thing.  A 100+ took 2 stamina bars.  Its power certainly isnt op.  Ok onto mobility.  1000 stam on most fliers takes a lil investment and is usually more then enough, wyverns being a good example of investing a bit to hit 1000.  You cant even burst 2 times with 1000 stam.  It takes 200 to get off ground and 400 to burst forward.  You have to use another 200 to stay aloft and regain control leaving you with 200, not enough to burst...This is a joke.  Its made worse by a very slow stamina regen.  Theres absolutely nothing op about this tame.  If you were to breed it and go after a bred rex and use hit and run with the freeze, freeze lasts 3 secs and cant be reapplied for like a minute, this tactic would take about an hour to kill that thing if its a boss rex with saddle and all.  If its being used to harass a base and allow other tames to attack while your rexes and gigas are very temporarily froze then it might actually be somewhat dangerous for pvp.  For pvp though theres 2 really simple ways to F manas over that are using guerrilla warfare.  1 place heavy turrets in close, away from your border wall, even just a few.  Sponges stuck outside.  Mana flies in to harass, gets blasted.  Have players mount turrets if needed on the border, preferably rocket turrets.  But the simplest most obvious counter to manas have existed before ragnarok.  Manas are only dangerous when rode, besides setting your defenses to attack riders, you could always force a dismount yourself with a relatively simple low level tame.  Microraptors can be order to attack and thrown at a rider with that same homing missle animation that pisses us all off.  That rex it was picking on unthaws and thrashes both the rider and mana.  GG mana.  I really dont see the massive threat here.

The point of paragraph 1 in previous post was more how backwards it is.  I cant kibble tame a good kark(65) til im riding a drake(75) or basilisk(85).  Same thing with the spino.  It make more sense to lift spino eggs to exceptional.  Im fine with karks being exceptional tames, just very backwards without the spino egg being better.  Progression breaking.

Theres 3 really, wild, tamed, and bred.  Technically there is a point of balance because of the cap.  When everything caps you have your original distinctions and advantages/disadvantages, which is how the devs made them and designed them to be.  Me taking a 449 carno against a 449 rex has the exact same result as 2 lvl 150s, except for where we put the points possibly, human manipulation/effect of domestication, which makes sense.

The reason i brought up unnerfed gigas is because solo players have nothing to help us kill the king.  Gammas in reach but thats it, we need something.

Already covered point 4

Still be nice to have griffin breeding it since we did pay real money too, plus goes with everything else ive talked about.

Wc has gone back and tinkered some with center and island recently.  They even stealth patched rockwells ascension bug relatively recently.  With valguero having ab elements it makes ab still very much in the up front rn.  Heck valguero's gimmick is ragnarok with aberration.

You ignored both the basilisk living in red zone and should be radiation immune as well as having an aberrant oviraptor.  Both these ideas are very good.  Ovis are needed, and basilisks living in red zone but not radiation immune looks like the oversight of the year, last year.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, Thyme said:

I think spino should be bumped up to producing exceptional kibble, it's basically the rex of abberation. For sure there's no reason for karkinos need basilisk/drakes until it can be kibble tamed.

Both basilisks and karkinos would benefit greatly from being breedable. Basilisks aren't amazing combat mount, more of a pack mule. They'd be much better with bred stats.

I don't agree with the giga though. They're already extremely strong, their strength is fair compared to their tame/breed times. Its more that titans are blatantly overpowered. Having an army of gigas with that kind of stats would be boring and make using other dinos almost worthless.

I added more to my original post, thank you for your reply btw.  I see what your saying, but gigas are essentially a mini boss character.  It would make sense for it to have 80k hp.  If tameable bosses have at least 250k then a tameable mini boss having 80k makes sense.  See i dont have ps+ so i have to play solo.  That means when i go against that 2.5M hp final boss the best ima be able to muster is gigas.  The boss dishes out 1000s of dmg per strike and the max hp a giga can muster currently is around 38k.  Before extinction id agree with you but with king titan its a lil different now.  I think its still possible to do it with 20 well bred gigas as is, as i said it is mainly just a side point that isnt overly important.  Since you agree with my main point be sure to upvote it so the devs see it.

Just to get the topic seen more @AngrySaltire @RipRavage @EntwinedPuppet @TheDonn @GreenRoc @Kodking194@d1nk @Caerbannog@DeHammer @rororoxor@TheRandomCrafter83

19 hours ago, RipRavage said:

The other big thing about basilisks I forgot to mention is that they are a freaking passive tame that loses taming efficiency anytime they burrow, it is damn near impossible to perfect tame one without glitching them out on a platform, and god forbid they Aggro on a wall or sturcuture you own, if they do you might as well just give up trying to tame them.  Pretty much all passive tames are bugged where they will permanently aggro on any structures you use to trap them and won’t stop until either the structure is destroyed or the server resets.  Now let’s combine that with the fact that the basilisk will attack tons of things that can kill it in seconds like ravagers, this makes them literally one of the hardest tames in the game to tame without using exploits like the corpse in foundation method. I’ve tamed several basilisk and the highest percentage I could get was 60ish taming efficiency due to the stupid burrowing.

Basilisks aggro hard onto meks, which can be healed through the tame! 

This method works great--they won't burrow. Even better if you can manage to craft a mek with high hp.

Archived