Game Tweaks

Onimusha759

Suggestion

Im back on aberration and im kinda lost to who thought it was a good idea to make the only exceptional egg on aberration a basilisk egg.  Who thought it was smart to make spino eggs only superior grade?  So let me get this right, karks are a level 65 tame, but to get either extraordinary or exceptional kibble ill have to get myself up to 68 for the gear to explore the red zone to get drake eggs, either to make extraordinary kibble or tame a basilisk to get exceptional kibble just to tame a kark?  To properly tame a kark, a lvl 65ish tame that cant even breed, ima be dealing with lvl 75 and 85 tames?  Is this creature really even worth exceptional kibble?  So it can carry things, heck the best fliers are only superior level and they grab too plus they fly.  I also need this kibble to tame spinos.  So i need to tame a basilisk before i can tame a spino?...Really?

The rest is just kinda on the side but still something for us to think about.  Basilisks...Nowhere near a reapers hp, cant be bred...Why does its hp get halved on tame?  Its certainly not op, especially when it cant even be bred.  Every special tame in this game becomes lack luster do to harsh limitations.  Creatures that are SPECIAL or staple tames(For a map) always become not so special though often times we have to work even harder to get them.  Before anyone says op, ima stop you right there and say, TITAN.  Absolutely NOTHING can be called op compared to that.  The only op that can be applied and have any legitimacy is the tier of the tame.  Basilisks are above rexes by the devs listing for their saddle, its hp IS NOT OP, especially considering the reapers hp.

Not overly important but giga...Does it really need its hp nerfed now that theres titans with quarter to half million hp roaming around?  Is 80k really op anymore?  Heck if your a solo player then the giga is your only chance against king titan.  I know the giga was designed as a mini boss and nerfed on tame, but that seems stupid because we have tamed actual bosses now.  We could use that extra 63k, not like 250k ice titan cares or 400k forest titan.

With the deinony being valguero's egg steal tame and with it being breedable, along with the mana, doesn't it seem a lil off we cant breed our drakes which are all but the same thing as this?  If we're gonna give the drakes the ability then wed have to give it to the wyverns too to be fair(Maybe nerf wild level max down to 150).  After all if 1 can breed and become a super dino and the others cant then that would be UNBALANCED.

So let me get this right the dumbed down, weaker, free, FREE! mobile version of the game has griffin breeding, but the actual main game that people paid for doesnt?...Really?

Basilisk again, dumb things live in the red zone, but they arnt radiation immune...Really?

Rock Drakes...Why do their AI change on tame?  1 thing i started doing on aberration is start exploring in a pack.  How disappointing is it that we can steal 1 egg on the side of a cliff and 20 frigging drakes come gliding and wall climbing and just flat out gang bang you BUT your drakes set to follow cant climb or glide?  I dont wanna hear follow issue bs either.  Between the wall climb and dive that they use in the wild theyd never get stuck while following you.

Breeding needs to be opened to basically everything, especially weaker unimportant creatures.  Insects and the bat for starters.  I know a lot of people would disagree with the golem but think about it.  A single bred rex killing a golem is ok but for the golem to always be doomed to being outclassed isnt right.  Allow the golem to breed, its not getting op, its just maintaining its same power gap with everything else, keeping its spot.  If the golems op then its original power needs nerfed because the difference between a rex and a golem and the difference between a bred rex and a bred golem is the same.  Its how it should be.  Before anyone says it cant breed, its a rock.  Ima say its an organic rock, just as the tek dinos are organic metal capable of breeding and creating organic metal eggs.  Plus the golem would take more time to breed and raise then most things.  Not op compared to gigas, not op compared to what its position was supposed to be compared to everything else, and not op compared to titans.  And for the rest of the SPECIAL tames, theres now 2 that can breed...Just open it up wc, let the stars actually shine.  Its not like it wont take months to breed em.

Aberration needs an aberrant oviraptor.  Ya

Anyone who wants to dig into the whole golem thing should go further down the page.  I explained better in 2 replies to thedonn.

46 replies to this server topic

3 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I thought tier was based on ability and not actual usage.  Powerwise articuno is still viable for uu-ou.  Heck Sp Atk pkmn are all shafted buff wise.

The 4x weakness to rock type moves, relatively weak coverage and painful speed of 85 keep it out of higher tiers, charizard would be in the same boat if he didn't have two mega evolutions with amazing abilities.  Articuno having base stat points wasted on high Special defense and semi decent defense is a sick joke.

9 hours ago, TheDonn said:

If the Golem was pumping out 30% more damage and taking 30% reduced on top of its already very-high innate damage resistance, there wouldn't be a Rex that could equal it.  It would take an army of Rexes for one Golem once the going breed was very highly mutated.  But it is irrelevant.  We can try and guess what it would be like, but Golems aren't breedable so I think it is irresponsible of us to totally speak as if they are.

For two, it seems you are shooting directly at moving-target territory, Oni.  Unbred Golems themselves can easily hit for 1000 damage.  Nothing except the Giga, Rhino, full-dive Griffin, or a well-aimed Lightning Wyvern (ridden unimprinted) is hitting anywhere near 1000 damage if not bred.  That's out of the many creatures in ARK, and I might've forgot one or two out of the literally hundreds of available tames, but regular imprinted creatures (not bred creatures with 15000/20 mutations) that regularly hit for 1000+ damage are not common.  The point of balance is around -UNBRED- dinos.  I don't feel that Golems "need to be breedable" for the reason that "other dinos are breedable and therefore very strong."  I understand that the META is the META, and I also understand that Golems even have their place in the current one.  They can still siege stone bases, and are great at turret-soaking.  But they aren't a gimmick.  They are still commonly used, far less on PvE than PvP, but in both they have jobs and do them well.

Discussing only a 40-45 point bred Rex VS a wild-tamed Golem, the Rex wouldn't have much luck unless it had a massively armored saddle and an enormous HP investment.  That is closer to being balanced, but again this is wild-tame VS normal-bred, not wild VS boss-Rex.  With Golems VS 80-90 point (in HP and melee) Rexes, there is no balance that can be achieved.  I guess it could possibly give the Golem an improvement within its current role in the PvP META?  But as I said, it is a fool's errand to try and balance creatures around the current top-end bred dinos to shake up the META.

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.  Breedable Golems would be neat in my opinion for sure, but not for the same reason you do.

I can respect that, frankly the golem is a side point and malleable as needed.  I brought it as the extreme example because i know its gonna be what people would argue against me.  You could make golems not bet the resistance boosts from mate or imprint.  Im only talking about a base idea, balancing is welcomed into it.  I also believe there should never be a situation where you have a rex that is literally unkillable 1v1 with any golem.  Thats like taking any pkmn and breeding it til it can kill any version of mewtwo, no matter the type of mewtwo, 1v1.  I will always opt that a legend should be the 1 that is more powerful, else its not a legend at all.  The tame that is special needs to be special.  NEVER should there be a rex that can kill any golem it sees 1v1.  By this i mean with a super rex u can go against a tamed golem, and no matter whos golem you fight, the trash will kill the legend.  This is wrong.  The concept of it is wrong.  There needs to be someway a golem could kill a boss rex 1v1, or the principal of the difficulty of the tame, its SPECIAL status, and the fact its a superior tame(a beast of legend that would realistically whoop any rex).  I still standby the fact that breeding is done by megas/alphas.  If your gonna compare normal weak tribes then ya, golems fine.  It begins losing its ground with alphas though.  If super powered rexes are rare so would super golems.  They would be in the part of the meta situated around alphas with bred dinos because thats the only viable place for breeding to begin with.  Also the golems natural armor actually hinders the effectiveness of mate or imprint resistances. Its not 50+25+25=FULL IMMUNITY.  Its 50+25=62.5 +25= like 70ish.  So if the golem has 50% natural resistance(random number) and you add 30% by mate he only has 65%.  While the rex goes from 0 to 30%, double the value gained.  You also ignored the rest of what i said with the counters.  His defenses are nothing to a basilisk and his mobility would leave him helpless to fast moving targets.  Also, he can hit 1000, great, now divide his dps by 3 because its a slow animation.  I have non mutated spinos that can match and even beat that dps.  Also, wouldnt it be irresponsible to really bring a bred golem to a lil tribe with stone structure?  Thats not a meta, its an alpha doing its weekly raid of its lil nublets.  Thats a battle already decided long ago.  If your on a new server competing for alphaship, then likely no one has the security to power breed, or breed in general.  If your not an alpha on an older server then...youve already lost, there is no competition.  My point?  My point is bred golems are going to be fighting other bred dinos and tek and so on, because thats the only players who would be able to breed them and its irresponsible to compare an alpha to server trash with stone structures.  I dont overly care about the golem, i feel he needs something, but as new content is released and standards change, older content, limitations, and nerfs may need adapted/rebalanced.  Outside of the golem you seem to mostly agree with me, so ima ask you a 3rd time to upvote this so we might get heard(forgive me if youve already, afaik you haven't).  There is good stuff here right, stuff you like?

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

The 4x weakness to rock type moves, relatively weak coverage and painful speed of 85 keep it out of higher tiers, charizard would be in the same boat if he didn't have two mega evolutions with amazing abilities.  Articuno having base stat points wasted on high Special defense and semi decent defense is a sick joke.

I see, i edited it btw.

10 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I thought tier was based on ability and not actual usage.  Powerwise articuno is still viable for uu-ou.  Heck Sp Atk pkmn are all shafted buff wise.

Titans would be AG lol.  Spino, though actually under used is deserving of OU because it beats a rex in a straight up fight, moves faster, can swim, heals and moves faster when exposed to water.  Theres no situation id prefer a rex over a spino.  Unless of course you bit it over the side into a lava pit XD.

The only reason i put the spino in UU under the rex is because the AI controls are broken where you cant command them to stay in bipedal mode.  If they would just add that damn setting in it would make them boss fight viable, but they havent yet.  You can lead a troop of AI rexes to good results, Spinos are a leaders mount only unfortunately, and that doesn't mix well when you have to ride a Yutyrannus into battle too.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Were these bred and imprinted gigas?  By my math, and not counting the kings high defense state, the alpha king should die within 2mins of 20 gigas with high dmg.  90(wild points)x5(5% per point)+20(100%Base minus the 80 debuff from tame)=470(%).  4.7x400(Base dmg)=1880(Dmg).  1880x1.33333(Mate boost)=2500ish.  2500x4(Bonus dmg to boss)=10000.  10000x20(Number of gigas)=200000.  200000 dmg per group bite or 200000 dmg per second.  15 seconds would result in 2.5mil, the alphas full hp.  Assuming your giga has 38k hp and you got a high 80% or more dmg reducing saddle plus the mate boost reduction id think youd be able to last 15secs, ill have to check the actual offense of the king though.

Dont forget to upvote.  And thanks for the warning, good to see you Rip.

Ok after researching it says the gamma can inflict 12000dmg to max armor mate boosted tames.  So tripple it to 60 gigas? XD  5 second final boss

Its good to see you again too.

I do agree that the Giga's damage and health penalty is a bit overkill, but I still strongly warn against using them against the king Titan.

I've seen videos with people taking imprinted gigas into the fight and they almost all die instantly, enrage, or aggro on tumors and corrupted.  The amount of damage the king titan does even on gamma is insane, take a look at these floating damage numbers I grabbed from my fight with him.  Im aware that titans take 5X damage from the king Titan, but still means some of his attacks do 12,000 and 5,000 damage per hit and sometimes it seems like he double hits you, thats really dangerous for the enrage factor.  It is just not worth it to tame and lose all those Gigas when the titans are much easier to to tame.  The ease at which the King Titan kills you off the back of mounts too would make it hard to keep the gigas focused, those meteors are no fun.

533969301_DamageKingTitan.thumb.JPG.0d355493764e87b3c13d35005296ca06.JPG

7 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The only reason i put the spino in UU under the rex is because the AI controls are broken where you cant command them to stay in bipedal mode.  If they would just add that damn setting in it would make them boss fight viable, but they havent yet.  You can lead a troop of AI rexes to good results, Spinos are a leaders mount only unfortunately, and that doesn't mix well when you have to ride a Yutyrannus into battle too.

They drop out of bi pedal usually when they have to chase a small distance.  Bosses dont move from getting hit.  You know its been forever since i made that topic saying we needed that option.  I hate how no one ever listenss to me...My ideas are pretty good usually.

@RipRavage you need to tag some people like ii did you so this gets some momentum.

12 hours ago, TheDonn said:

But a Timid Lightball Pikachu (talking 6IV and maxed EV for Spd and SpAtk) could potentially outspeed and nuke a Mewtwo...  :)

Pikachu has a base speed of 90, Mewtwo has a base speed of 130, any situation where pickachu is outspending is because it is a defensive mewtwo, in which case it would survive and KO in return.  The only exception is focus band endeavor then quick attack shenanigans.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, TheDonn said:

4:  I agree and disagree at the same time.  At some point it has to end, because power-creep from breeding gets out of hand.  But specifically about the Managarmr...  On PvP they have pretty much destroyed the META, and for most purposes ARE the only META.  On PvE, they are so nerfed that they are decent for quick transport, but nearly every other role it is outclassed by a different available dino or creature.  So...  screw the Mana.  It is a shadow of itself on PvE, and on PvP has caused an upset in the META that hasn't ended.  It's a bad creature.

It's nice to see someone else recognizes that the Mana has its limitations. Personally, I'll take a wyvern any day of the week in PVE. Not that I don't think it has its place, but some people seem to think its all you need. 

I also completely agree that Basilisks and karkinos not being able to breed is just silly, it really blocks you from being able to really utilize them for anything other than their tiny gimmicks.  If they are so worried about Karkinos being bullet sponges why would they even give them a bullet damage reduction, or at the very least why not just make it that turret bullets dont suffer that penalty.  Basilisks are only good for saving narcotics by trying to put tames to sleep with their bite (which kills them 90 percent of the time before they KO).  If they are so worried about a creature being OP just fix their damn base stats, dont block them from breeding or mess with their stat growth rates.

Look at wyverns, extremely OP and they cant breed, but at least they still get an imprint bonus since you get them from eggs.  Basilisk, Karkinos, Mantis, and all other bugs get screwed out of both the stat boost and the damage reduction just so they can feign balance.  In my opinion Karkinos is the only one of any use out of the bunch since it can hold things.

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

They drop out of bi pedal usually when they have to chase a small distance.  Bosses dont move from getting hit.  You know its been forever since i made that topic saying we needed that option.  I hate how no one ever listenss to me...My ideas are pretty good usually.

That made me so angry when i found out they didn't stay in bipedal mode, I was really looking forward to doing a mixed Rex and Spino boss army, just to add a little visual variance.  Oh boy, now I can have rexes and Tek rexes fight the bosses, what variety.  They need to fix that on spinos and we need more rex and spino sized carnivores with slight variations like a carcharodontosaurus or acrocanthasaurus that does less damage than a rex but has higher health.   Hell, give us a skin for the rex or spino just to change it up a bit.  Everytime they add something big in they either make it unbreedable( Reapers) or just block them from boss arenas in general (Rock Golems, basilisk).

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Sorry @TheDonn, i cant respond to all of it yet, but ill hit 2 points.  For the mana, ive played around with 1.  Its stam is so low it cant stay up very long making transport very annoying with it.  It also completely blows its stam killing 1 ok dino.  It doesnt seem to intimidating.  Breeding would be its only save.  Which comes around to what you said.

Your saying bred golems attacking a tribe, well that would be an alpha or mega right?  Obviously regardless of if its super boss rexes, gigas, or titans, the lil tribe is F'd.  It might as well be golems too.  The real interest is another tribe with breds, that be a real fight, it be viable.  Everyone looks at it lik the lil tribe cant fight back, no duh they cant ever no matter what.  Thats pvp, big tribe has super dinos and kills you.  No one considers an actual meta, same tier tribes.  Bred golem fits right in its slot with bred gigas and rexes.  Everything the big tribe brings is op, u cant count big tribe vs lil tribe.  Balance of the dinos is when tribes are on equal level, as in bred vs bred, small vs small, big vs big.  Considering big vs small is like mewtwo vs pikachu, its a mock, not real example.  While u breed golems, they breed gigas, gigas still win.  It makes sense.

But a Timid Lightball Pikachu (talking 6IV and maxed EV for Spd and SpAtk) could potentially outspeed and nuke a Mewtwo...  :)

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

I added more to my original post, thank you for your reply btw.  I see what your saying, but gigas are essentially a mini boss character.  It would make sense for it to have 80k hp.  If tameable bosses have at least 250k then a tameable mini boss having 80k makes sense.  See i dont have ps+ so i have to play solo.  That means when i go against that 2.5M hp final boss the best ima be able to muster is gigas.  The boss dishes out 1000s of dmg per strike and the max hp a giga can muster currently is around 38k.  Before extinction id agree with you but with king titan its a lil different now.  I think its still possible to do it with 20 well bred gigas as is, as i said it is mainly just a side point that isnt overly important.  Since you agree with my main point be sure to upvote it so the devs see it.

I see your new additions, breeding those would be great. Since manas can be bred I don't see harm in breeding the weaker drake and the un-saddlable griffin. The reason they can be in mobile is because that game is produced by different developers, so it has a lot of different mechanics.

As for king titan fight, I believe there isn't a limit on dinos to bring and if you're playing on single player that means a weaker king and easier to obtain gigas. A mek has bonus damage to the titans but requires a player to control it, so you'd be limited to 1. Taming the other titans will be a great tool in the fight, practically required in multiplayer.

9 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Again, we can't push requests to balance wild-tames against boss-creatures of the modern ARK-stat age (the bolded passage in your paragraph). 

Counter-wise, I didn't respond because I hoped you would realize that a primitive gasmask (or a hazmat suit) makes Basilisk and Poison Wyvern spit do absolutely nothing to you.  If you didn't know that, now you do.  But I think you knew already.

We can't interject fabricated numbers into a discussion ("great, now divide that by 3").  We have the game and ways to test this stuff, as I just found out that I am wrong about Golem rock-throw damage by testing.  Tamed Golems take a ~50% damage hit to their rock-throw attack, meaning that per 100% melee, they deal ~150 damage.  And yes: resistance is resistance, Oni.  I understand how that works.  It is a percentage of the remaining percentage, everyone knows that, in the same way that most people know that gasmask and hazmat make you fully immune to poison spit  :P  But starting with a base level of 50% damage reduction, even with lower armor saddles (due to armor value stat-clamps), the Golem is as well off while dealing more damage.  Prim to prim saddles, the advantage heavily goes to a Golem (which we would anticipate).  With max level saddles (124 and ~73), when unbred, the damage of the Golem grossly outclasses the Rex, even when throwing rocks (and more so when just left-clicking), but the Rex takes slightly less damage  which still means when unbred the Golem outclasses a Rex.  This is how they balance the game.  ~600% to ~600%, the Golem does more damage even with slower attack speed.  Again, the whole point of my Golem argument is centered around the impossibility of balancing anything against bred creatures.  Tame to tame, the Golem is in a good place.  If it was bred, the damage would be staggering (especially with a successive increase of mutated melee generations).

EDIT:  and I am pretty convinced the Ice Wyvern dealing damage is an oversight.  A decent oversight for those willing to put in the ages it would take to kill one with an Ice Wyvern, but an oversight nonetheless.  It just hits for 10% of its normal damage, which means that because the Golem was created before the Ice Wyvern, the Golem was never updated to include immunity to the icebreath attack.  This is also a nod to my theory that these big changes to existing "old" content aren't rolling out anytime soon, no matter how good anyone thinks they are.

Im asking a tamed creature be able to not be permanently out shined by something it inherently should be better then.  As is the golem isnt as awesome as it should be nor is it worth taming if you already own decent rexes.  The concept i have a rex why tame a golem, should never even be able to be entertained.  Im also not asking a wild tame to be balanced to a boss creature, im asking to allow us to decide whether we want to push rexes or golems and not be locked into just 1.  Allow us to make a boss lvl golem, even if we cant use it for that.  The time it takes to breed a line and so on is just as fair whether its a rex, golem, or giga.  We should be allowed to pick and considering how pvp is, i highly doubt the alpha using rexes and gigas will make much difference if you add golems or anything else ive mentioned too.

I wasnt saying human armor, i was saying the golems.  Or are you telling me that if i wear a gas mask my mount magically is immune too?

I think its safe to say a rode spino can attack 3x to a golems single rock throw.  60x3=180 right, 180 is better then 150 right?  All in all though i see what you mean about the golem.  As ii said the idea is malleable, but id also be fine leaving him, im more concerned with flat out stupid choices like the basilisk both getting nerfed and being unbreedable.  All 4 high end ab tames are unbreedable, it was highly disappointing.  Heck i know wc doesn't want to go back and make anything better, but if they had some dignity they would.  Ark is to big and awesome of a game to treat it simply as a cash cow.  Wc doesnt show it the love it deserves and they dont deserve this game.  I just lost my 150 featherlight because my drake took a dip in some element because wc is still the idiots that never fixed the random inversion of the drakes glide controls(randomly inverts the command from glide while sprinting to glide when walking).  But yes, i see your point.  Though id rather try then your approach of just accept defeat that wc doesn't care.  Pvpers dont accept it, they band together and get what they want, even if what they want is bs.

Your probably right about the ice wyvern breath, still i like it exists.

22 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

*Summarized posts*

* Paragraph 1:  Spinos take Exceptional Kibble, but give Superior kibble.  Basilisks provide Exceptional Kibble, but take Rock Drake Eggs to tame.  Karkinos take Exceptional Kibble, and so are proper tames of Karkinos (a non-breedable tame) worth it?  And why is the system designed like this?

* Paragraph 2:  Basilisk HP is reduced post-tame, why?  Why are special tames always so reduced in power when they are map-staples and/or harder to get?  They aren't as OP as Dev-team might think, especially Basilisk which don't breed and are outclassed easily by bred Rexs and imprinted Reapers, not to mention tamed Titans.

* Paragraph 3:  Giga needs its HP un-nerfed.  Titans have far more and hit very hard.

* Paragraph 4:  If Deinonychus and Managarmr can breed, why not Rock Drakes?  And If Rock Drakes, why not Wyverns?  If one is the super-dino from breeding, it is the META and therefore out of balance.

So let me get this right the dumbed down, weaker, free, FREE! mobile version of the game has griffin breeding, but the actual main game that people paid for doesnt?...Really?

Basilisk again, dumb things live in the red zone, but they arnt radiation immune...Really?

* Paragraph 5:   Why do Rock Drake's AI change on tame?  Wild can path just fine, use Wild Drake-pathing for tamed Drakes to climb and glide.

* Paragraph 6:  Open breeding to most other dinos, including insects.  Golems should be stronger, and breeding would close the power gap and make them more useful against other tames like Rexes (bred VS bred is closer, and wild VS wild is closer).  It could be balanced out further by a lengthy breeding period for Golems, as an example.

Aberration needs an aberrant oviraptor.  Ya

21 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I added more to my original post, thank you for your reply btw.  I see what your saying, but gigas are essentially a mini boss character.  It would make sense for it to have 80k hp.  If tameable bosses have at least 250k then a tameable mini boss having 80k makes sense.  See i dont have ps+ so i have to play solo.  That means when i go against that 2.5M hp final boss the best ima be able to muster is gigas.  The boss dishes out 1000s of dmg per strike and the max hp a giga can muster currently is around 38k.  Before extinction id agree with you but with king titan its a lil different now.  I think its still possible to do it with 20 well bred gigas as is, as i said it is mainly just a side point that isnt overly important.  Since you agree with my main point be sure to upvote it so the devs see it.

Just to get the topic seen more @AngrySaltire @RipRavage @EntwinedPuppet @TheDonn @GreenRoc @Kodking194

I'll respond the best I can since you asked for my opinion specifically.  It's a long response (sorry for that) but you put a lot into it, which deserves an equivalently thought-out response.

1:  The system on Ab works for me because of the abundance of Mutton for Spinosaurus tames (and a 2x Mutton-tame is a pretty good tame).  Karkinos can be tamed less effectively with Spoiled Meat, and really do make life on Ab easier!  But I totally feel that their kibble-tame requirements are pretty steep.  It is easier to get Drake eggs, cook up some Lazarus Chowder, and make Extraordinary Kibble to perfect-tame one.  Cook up 50-100, and keep it.  If you KO a crab with a stinkin-high stat (HP, Melee, Weight), kibble-tame it.  Alsooo, Karkinos is radiation-immune, and with their jumping ability, they do alright for early-game Ab Drake-Egg runs.

2:  I do feel like conditionally adding breeding to special-tames would be advantageous, especially for PvP.  It could really shake up the META!  For PvE, it would just be more breeding-line tinkering which would be a good thing!  Keep in mind though:  The dinos are balanced now around being either wild or bred.  They aren't balanced around a 95-point melee damage stat, because there is -NO WAY- to balance that.  Mutations on breedables make balance an ever-moving target that only moves faster as mutations get higher.  So if your aim is to balance by adding breeding, I hope you don't take offense in me saying that it absolutely won't work.

3:  With forum-Gigas hitting 535 melee at birth now and Rexes at 30K birth HP, Gigas have taken the role of Glass Cannon, so to speak.  But understand, even with the stamina-use and lower HP, they are still extremely threatening.  An 800% melee Giga with a 91% imprint (pretty attainable) will be hitting for just over 4000 damage, whereas a 1000% melee damage Rex is only hitting for 620.  That difference is ridiculous!  So here those Rexes are, nearly matching Giga HP with less damage but so much more capacity for bulk via domesticated levels, while the Gigas domestication is best invested in melee damage.  What I'm saying is, I feel like Gigas are very threatening in their current form, and adding their HP back COULD balance them out *when compared to forum-stat Rexes and the like,* but then we come close to moving-target territory (re-balancing creatures based on the power of bred-creatures).  Not to mention how devastating a tamed 80K base HP Giga would be against EVERY SINGLE TRIBE that doesn't have Gigas or a good way to defend against them.

4:  I agree and disagree at the same time.  At some point it has to end, because power-creep from breeding gets out of hand.  But specifically about the Managarmr...  On PvP they have pretty much destroyed the META, and for most purposes ARE the only META.  On PvE, they are so nerfed that they are decent for quick transport, but nearly every other role it is outclassed by a different available dino or creature.  So...  screw the Mana.  It is a shadow of itself on PvE, and on PvP has caused an upset in the META that hasn't ended.  It's a bad creature.

About mobile ARK:  Mobile games are played by people who want to spend a small amount of time and get an A.D.D.-satisfying experience.  Companies enable this by baiting people with a shock of activity, and put continuing behind a microtransaction paywall.  ARK Mobile is no different.  You can do everything you can on ARK with breeding, taming, and building (which is a wretched experience, playing ARK on a phone or tablet), but you can speed through it by spending money.  Screw microtransaction-ARK.  The one very-huge-thing that ARK has going for it is there are NOT microtransactions.  If you add that, might as well sell the game to EA and let them chop it up, and sell it back to us for 3.99 a pop.

5:  It would be awesome, to have Rock Drakes follow your gliding and climbing maneuvers...  I can't disagree with that!  But would they do it?  Shoot, Ab is an old xpac now.  It is highly unlikely they are changing anything that old, considering how WildCard rolls out content.

6:  Could you imagine a 100% imprinted Golem with 55 pts in HP and melee (28k HP and 531 melee) rolling up with 80K HP to a base?  Or bringing 2?  Or 10-20?  Throwing stones that hit for about 1600 damage?  Nothing short of a Titan would stop them for sure, and even with a pile of Gigas it would be hard because of their huge HP pool.  Though I gotta admit, bred Rock Golems would be sick.  I don't even think it's worth discussing the legitimacy of breeding something like the Rock Golem, when we are riding them around and stuff!  But yeah...  I get it.  It's the ARK forums, you have to cover your bases.

10 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

That made me so angry when i found out they didn't stay in bipedal mode, I was really looking forward to doing a mixed Rex and Spino boss army, just to add a little visual variance.  Oh boy, now I can have rexes and Tek rexes fight the bosses, what variety.  They need to fix that on spinos and we need more rex and spino sized carnivores with slight variations like a carcharodontosaurus or acrocanthasaurus that does less damage than a rex but has higher health.   Hell, give us a skin for the rex or spino just to change it up a bit.  Everytime they add something big in they either make it unbreedable( Reapers) or just block them from boss arenas in general (Rock Golems, basilisk).

I know exactly what you mean man, its infuriating.  I you dont mind tag some people in this to get some momentum.

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

I know exactly what you mean man, its infuriating.  I you dont mind tag some people in this to get some momentum.

I don't really know too many people on here, its usually just me starting one sided rants on the general discussion about how bad the devs are and all the defenders of wild card rushing to tell me I'm stupid.

34 minutes ago, Thyme said:

I see your new additions, breeding those would be great. Since manas can be bred I don't see harm in breeding the weaker drake and the un-saddlable griffin. The reason they can be in mobile is because that game is produced by different developers, so it has a lot of different mechanics.

As for king titan fight, I believe there isn't a limit on dinos to bring and if you're playing on single player that means a weaker king and easier to obtain gigas. A mek has bonus damage to the titans but requires a player to control it, so you'd be limited to 1. Taming the other titans will be a great tool in the fight, practically required in multiplayer.

Even so, everything they do has to be approved by wc, abstract (the ps4, xb1, switch team) has publicly stated they want to do more, especially with the switch version, but wc hasnt given them the ok.

For the record i dont use sp settings to buff anything.  Idk if online bosses are harder or not though.  Ive heard they are, but theres no numbers or any real proof floating around of it.  Maybe @invincibleqc could help with hard numbers, hes quite reliable.  Thanks for the info, itll be great bringing like 40 gigas with like 800% dmg into that fight.  Im afraid to bring a titan though, dont want him to die.

31 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im asking a tamed creature be able to not be permanently out shined by something it inherently should be better then.  As is the golem isnt as awesome as it should be nor is it worth taming if you already own decent rexes.  The concept i have a rex why tame a golem, should never even be able to be entertained.  Im also not asking a wild tame to be balanced to a boss creature, im asking to allow us to decide whether we want to push rexes or golems and not be locked into just 1.  Allow us to make a boss lvl golem, even if we cant use it for that.  The time it takes to breed a line and so on is just as fair whether its a rex, golem, or giga.  We should be allowed to pick and considering how pvp is, i highly doubt the alpha using rexes and gigas will make much difference if you add golems or anything else ive mentioned too.

I wasnt saying human armor, i was saying the golems.  Or are you telling me that if i wear a gas mask my mount magically is immune too?

I think its safe to say a rode spino can attack 3x to a golems single rock throw.  60x3=180 right, 180 is better then 150 right?  All in all though i see what you mean about the golem.  As ii said the idea is malleable, but id also be fine leaving him, im more concerned with flat out stupid choices like the basilisk both getting nerfed and being unbreedable.  All 4 high end ab tames are unbreedable, it was highly disappointing.  Heck i know wc doesn't want to go back and make anything better, but if they had some dignity they would.  Ark is to big and awesome of a game to treat it simply as a cash cow.  Wc doesnt show it the love it deserves and they dont deserve this game.  I just lost my 150 featherlight because my drake took a dip in some element because wc is still the idiots that never fixed the random inversion of the drakes glide controls(randomly inverts the command from glide while sprinting to glide when walking).  But yes, i see your point.  Though id rather try then your approach of just accept defeat that wc doesn't care.  Pvpers dont accept it, they band together and get what they want, even if what they want is bs.

Your probably right about the ice wyvern breath, still i like it exists.

The problems are that the random crap in ARK doesn't get fixed, and if content is WORKABLE and not broken beyond repair they don't really tweak.  They duct-tape shattered pieces together WHEN THEY NEED TO (I know, a bit dramatic but the sentiment remains), not to just tweak and improve the game from the foundation up.  They DID do that in Early Access, as they shaped the game with new dinos and stuff, but since the game went live, with the exception of the kibble rework and adding like...  10 structures from S+ to the game, they have left the past behind and devoted their development power to new expansions and new content.

And Spino VS Golem, yeah.  Spino might do more damage but only if the investment is in melee over HP, but the Golem would bash its brains in with its normal melee attack.  Not to say the TLC'ed Spinos aren't wrecking machines...  Because they are.  But still, its all good.  I get your point as well.  I don't like rolling over and accepting the current state of ARKs little problems, but it is best to just enjoy what I have and have fun.  If things are IMPROVED, then it is a pleasant surprise.  If nothing gets better and I am expecting NO CHANGE, then ARK isn't as stressful.  They did just announce in the last Community Crunch that they have some "QoL changes" coming...  So, we shall see what that means but again, after 4 years of ARK it is best to have no expectations and read the proposed changes (when they announce them) with a neutral mind.

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Pikachu has a base speed of 90, Mewtwo has a base speed of 130, any situation where pickachu is outspending is because it is a defensive mewtwo, in which case it would survive and KO in return.  The only exception is focus band endeavor then quick attack shenanigans.

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ok, bad example, and a 6IV(Notice the ability to get bred stats equivalent to what everything else can do, same +31) modest megaY with psystrike would likely withstand and 1 shot it.  Charizardx D Danced and with his 30% bonus usually cant nuke mewtwo either.  But for better reference, a non breeding tribe vs a big tribe with bred dinos is magikarp vs mewtwo.  U know its true.  Even with pikachu example, id consider the ball a strategy.  Like a Lv 100 player getting jumped by a 40 and his arthro.   Strategy can turn any situation, even against a bred golem.  Ill go into more detail.  Also where do you get tribe cant get a giga?  Id wager i could tame and start breeding gigas before a golem.  Iv tamed a giga at Lv40, everything you need is available to you to tranq ko any creature safely by then.

A random-stat Mewtwo VS a 6IV Light Ball Pika is not necessarily a wash for the Pikachu, especially considering that a Timid 252 speed-EV Pika is faster than a 31IV non-speed Nature Mewtwo (let's say wild because it is a better comparison of Solo VS King Titan).  It could win, even with Mewtwo's higher base speed stat.  If 6IV VS 6IV, yeah, its a total wash!  But even if they are trained/caught, how many non-hacked Mewtwos are 6IV?  I'd say very very few!  Especially if Light Ball with a crit Thunder, it would onetap a wild Mewtwo pretty comfortably.

But I get the point, you guys...  It wasn't a great comparison, I was just trying to stand up for Pikachu...  So many things (dinos, and in this case, Pokemon) get lost in the weeds for every game because people get in the internet and look up the current META, and just use that, and call the rest crap.  Mewtwo Mega Y or even X would crush a poor Pikachu, I know that.  :) Mega-evolution tips the scales outrageously toward the Mewtwo, and Pikachu couldn't catch up even with Endeavor/FB.  The ARK example is having a button you can press that makes 15,000 rockets fall on the enemy base in the distance...  Yes, if you add something that makes it crazily out-of-balance (like a Mega-evolution), it is obvious how the tide of battle will turn.

I will say that applying your playstyle to all (or even most) tribes is not advisable.  Some people won't tame Gigas until they are very high level or have played for a good long time.  Some people just don't.  They don't play like you, or me, or anyone else who is comfortable at the time they learn Metal Dino Gateframe with going out and trapping, KO'ing, and taming the ARKs most dangerous and naturally wild carnivore.  Those players, the newer players, and/or the more skittish players won't be rocking around on a Giga at level 52.  Many players will not sit and grind XP to level up as fast as possible either, so it will take them a while to get to max level, not that being max level does anything at all to make you a "better" ARK player...  You simply have more options on which to spend your engram points!

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You ignored both the basilisk living in red zone and should be radiation immune as well as having an aberrant oviraptor.  Both these ideas are very good.  Ovis are needed, and basilisks living in red zone but not radiation immune looks like the oversight of the year, last year.

+1.  Pretty dumb that Ab Oviraptors aren't down there.  I didn't respond because it's one of those things that was obviously an oversight but we should just accept that we don't have them/it won't change.  For that matter, I personally expect none of this to be fixed.  Scorched Earth kibble had issues and was only fixed as a secondary effect of the rollout of the entirely new kibble-creation system.  It took almost 3 years, and was never addressed directly.  It isn't a great addition to the conversation to say this, I am aware, but Ab is old content.  It would be friggin' lovely if SE got an Ascension, and we got Tek Wyvern and Drake saddles, and Extinction gave you Ascension levels, but it's all old content to WildCard now.  They will do what they need to in order to keep it playable, which mostly will consist of putting out fires (dealing with huge exploits and their ilk) when they pop up, but other than that I feel the Dev-team considers it "finished" content and has moved on.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

For the record i dont use sp settings to buff anything.  Idk if online bosses are harder or not though.  Ive heard they are, but theres no numbers or any real proof floating around of it.  Maybe @invincibleqc could help with hard numbers, hes quite reliable.  Thanks for the info, itll be great bringing like 40 gigas with like 800% dmg into that fight.  Im afraid to bring a titan though, dont want him to die.

The bosses on SP are dealing 70% less damage and are receiving 300% more damage. These multipliers are hard-coded and there is no config to disable them meaning that SP bosses are always about 3 times easier than a dedicated session.

EDIT: I've just looked at the King Titan, and it seems to be configured differently than regular bosses. It doesn't have the multipliers mentioned above but seem to have a 400% generic one that I believe is applied to both; incoming and outgoing damage making it 4 times easier on SP.

Sorry @TheDonn, i cant respond to all of it yet, but ill hit 2 points.  For the mana, ive played around with 1.  Its stam is so low it cant stay up very long making transport very annoying with it.  It also completely blows its stam killing 1 ok dino.  It doesnt seem to intimidating.  Breeding would be its only save.  Which comes around to what you said.

Your saying bred golems attacking a tribe, well that would be an alpha or mega right?  Obviously regardless of if its super boss rexes, gigas, or titans, the lil tribe is F'd.  It might as well be golems too.  The real interest is another tribe with breds, that be a real fight, it be viable.  Everyone looks at it lik the lil tribe cant fight back, no duh they cant ever no matter what.  Thats pvp, big tribe has super dinos and kills you.  No one considers an actual meta, same tier tribes.  Bred golem fits right in its slot with bred gigas and rexes.  Everything the big tribe brings is op, u cant count big tribe vs lil tribe.  Balance of the dinos is when tribes are on equal level, as in bred vs bred, small vs small, big vs big.  Considering big vs small is like mewtwo vs pikachu, its a mock, not real example.  While u breed golems, they breed gigas, gigas still win.  It makes sense.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

I can respect that, frankly the golem is a side point and malleable as needed.  I brought it as the extreme example because i know its gonna be what people would argue against me.  You could make golems not bet the resistance boosts from mate or imprint.  Im only talking about a base idea, balancing is welcomed into it.  I also believe there should never be a situation where you have a rex that is literally unkillable 1v1 with any golem.  Thats like taking any pkmn and breeding it til it can kill any version of mewtwo, no matter the type of mewtwo, 1v1.  I will always opt that a legend should be the 1 that is more powerful, else its not a legend at all.  The tame that is special needs to be special.  NEVER should there be a rex that can kill any golem it sees 1v1.  By this i mean with a super rex u can go against a tamed golem, and no matter whos golem you fight, the trash will kill the legend.  This is wrong.  The concept of it is wrong.  There needs to be someway a golem could kill a boss rex 1v1, or the principal of the difficulty of the tame, its SPECIAL status, and the fact its a superior tame(a beast of legend that would realistically whoop any rex).  I still standby the fact that breeding is done by megas/alphas.  If your gonna compare normal weak tribes then ya, golems fine.  It begins losing its ground with alphas though.  If super powered rexes are rare so would super golems.  They would be in the part of the meta situated around alphas with bred dinos because thats the only viable place for breeding to begin with.  Also the golems natural armor actually hinders the effectiveness of mate or imprint resistances. Its not 50+25+25=FULL IMMUNITY.  Its 50+25=62.5 +25= like 70ish.  So if the golem has 50% natural resistance(random number) and you add 30% by mate he only has 65%.  While the rex goes from 0 to 30%, double the value gained.  You also ignored the rest of what i said with the counters.  His defenses are nothing to a basilisk and his mobility would leave him helpless to fast moving targets.  Also, he can hit 1000, great, now divide his dps by 3 because its a slow animation.  I have non mutated spinos that can match and even beat that dps.  Also, wouldnt it be irresponsible to really bring a bred golem to a lil tribe with stone structure?  

Again, we can't push requests to balance wild-tames against boss-creatures of the modern ARK-stat age (the bolded passage in your paragraph). 

Counter-wise, I didn't respond because I hoped you would realize that a primitive gasmask (or a hazmat suit) makes Basilisk and Poison Wyvern spit do absolutely nothing to you.  If you didn't know that, now you do.  But I think you knew already.

We can't interject fabricated numbers into a discussion ("great, now divide that by 3").  We have the game and ways to test this stuff, as I just found out that I am wrong about Golem rock-throw damage by testing.  Tamed Golems take a ~50% damage hit to their rock-throw attack, meaning that per 100% melee, they deal ~150 damage.  And yes: resistance is resistance, Oni.  I understand how that works.  It is a percentage of the remaining percentage, everyone knows that, in the same way that most people know that gasmask and hazmat make you fully immune to poison spit  :P  But starting with a base level of 50% damage reduction, even with lower armor saddles (due to armor value stat-clamps), the Golem is as well off while dealing more damage.  Prim to prim saddles, the advantage heavily goes to a Golem (which we would anticipate).  With max level saddles (124 and ~73), when unbred, the damage of the Golem grossly outclasses the Rex, even when throwing rocks (and more so when just left-clicking), but the Rex takes slightly less damage  which still means when unbred the Golem outclasses a Rex.  This is how they balance the game.  ~600% to ~600%, the Golem does more damage even with slower attack speed.  Again, the whole point of my Golem argument is centered around the impossibility of balancing anything against bred creatures.  Tame to tame, the Golem is in a good place.  If it was bred, the damage would be staggering (especially with a successive increase of mutated melee generations).

EDIT:  and I am pretty convinced the Ice Wyvern dealing damage is an oversight.  A decent oversight for those willing to put in the ages it would take to kill one with an Ice Wyvern, but an oversight nonetheless.  It just hits for 10% of its normal damage, which means that because the Golem was created before the Ice Wyvern, the Golem was never updated to include immunity to the icebreath attack.  This is also a nod to my theory that these big changes to existing "old" content aren't rolling out anytime soon, no matter how good anyone thinks they are.

12 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I also completely agree that Basilisks and karkinos not being able to breed is just silly, it really blocks you from being able to really utilize them for anything other than their tiny gimmicks.  If they are so worried about Karkinos being bullet sponges why would they even give them a bullet damage reduction, or at the very least why not just make it that turret bullets dont suffer that penalty.  Basilisks are only good for saving narcotics by trying to put tames to sleep with their bite (which kills them 90 percent of the time before they KO).  If they are so worried about a creature being OP just fix their damn base stats, dont block them from breeding or mess with their stat growth rates.

Look at wyverns, extremely OP and they cant breed, but at least they still get an imprint bonus since you get them from eggs.  Basilisk, Karkinos, Mantis, and all other bugs get screwed out of both the stat boost and the damage reduction just so they can feign balance.  In my opinion Karkinos is the only one of any use out of the bunch since it can hold things.

I agree so much.  I dont even see how basilisks hp is op either, its ranked higher then a mosa(i think) on the list.  So its starting hp of 2000 isnt crazy out of the way.  My lvl 200some drake that does 400dmg and has 10k hp getting half killed by a lvl 20 reaper queen is op hp.  I bit that thing at least 50 times.  And really all SPECIAL tames, even wyverns, lose their power in the long run because of the lack of breeding.  People say golems natural resistance would be to op with mate boost and saddle.  I dont see anyone crying over dunkles which have all 3.  So a golem can kill a rex.  You breed your rexes til you get a super rex and it then thrashes that golem.  The SPECIAL tame is now obsolete in its own strong points by something its suppose to be able to kill.  This should never happen.  Yes i believe hard work should be rewarded and super rex should be able to whoop normal golem, but this should not be the fate of the golem or any SPECIAL tame.  To always be shafted and screwed over by things your supposed to be better than.  I think if the kings getting whooped by a single peasant something isnt balanced here.  Also the lack of insect/bat breeding has always erked me.  Heck some of them have eggs in the coding already.  Imagine a rainbowish arthro egg.  ima add more things to my original post.

@lilpanda  is it possible to reach out to the mod community for help?  I know the teams working on new dlc and exploits mainly.  Why not ask for help with creating bug fixes or tweaking game content/adding things?  A while back you guys announced you want to create an ascension on scorched earth, now you say its complete and you arnt looking back at it.  I believe the majority of the player base would/is disagreeing with you.  As TheDonn pointed out your likely taking that stance with aberration now too.  Considering what has already been said in this topic theres quite a bit of work to be done with aberration.  If you cant spare the resources get someone to create a mod, you guys test it for compatibility and required effect, and implement it into the main game like center, rag, S+, and valguero.  That way everything gets better and you can keep working on what you need to.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Just to get the topic seen more @AngrySaltire @RipRavage @EntwinedPuppet @TheDonn @GreenRoc @Kodking194

I would just be happy with them letting Giganotosaurus enter boss arenas, valguero gave me a nice taste of it by letting me kill a weaker broodmother with a Giga.  I’ve soloed the King Titan too, and using Giganotosaurus or any amount of them is just an absolute waste, even if they didn’t have the nerf to health and attack the king would absolutely destroy them since it hits so hard.  I had to use all three titans to beat the Gamma king Titan, and the ice Titan was the only one to survive.  The scale of damage in extinction is just ridiculous and you can’t use regular tames unless you actively avoid getting hit by the bosses, no tanking hits.

Archived